Womens Running

TRACK WORKOUT TUESDAY DIVAS (Read 14 times)

NorCal

OWR- GASP, you have no Garmin!? How do you even run without one!? LOL, I'm kidding, of course! But using a watch at the track will work just fine! Totally just start easy the first one you do. Even if it seems like a shorter workout then you're used to, the increased effort can really trash your legs the next day. DH came to the track for the first time a couple weeks ago and we were doing the double ladder (1600, 1200, 800, 400, 400, 800, 1200, 1600) and he went ALL OUT and totally crashed and burned on the last one and could not finish the 1600 and was so sore the next day. So just go easy a little until you know what your body can handle. I have noticed it's WAY different, as far as pain the next day, then a regular run or even a long run. I too suggest starting with 400s or 800s or a couple of each.

Meli- Wow that is a lot of running this week! Your guys are ROCKING your IM training, I'm seriously impressed!!! Your coach seems to have a really good plan for you. Can't wait to see how you do in the IM!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

Sassy- That humidity sounds rough! but good job on the workout! My legs feel OK! Quads a little tender and everything is a little tight. I think a short run to warm up and then a lot of stretching and rolling will be good. I'm only running today and Thursday this week, then we leave for a weekend backpacking trip, where I'll be hiking at least 10 miles on a steep trail with a heavy pack. So must recover really well this week! And start training for my next half next week! Smile

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

I'm glad we're all busy and enjoying our work lately but I miss our days of 200+ comments in our threads! I'm having a boring day for once and keep checking back for general chatter.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

I'm glad we're all busy and enjoying our work lately but I miss our days of 200+ comments in our threads! I'm having a boring day for once and keep checking back for general chatter.

Busy does not necessarily equal enjoying our work. :P  I will say I enjoy the work I'm doing at this job, but it all comes at once. There are a lot more chickens running around with their heads cut off, it seems.

MA runner girl

Busy does not necessarily equal enjoying our work. :P  I will say I enjoy the work I'm doing at this job, but it all comes at once. There are a lot more chickens running around with their heads cut off, it seems.

+10000000000.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

lizo_77

hi ladies!

tough day so far. Tons of meetings...

RR: did just 2 miles this morning with M. Foot was achy at the beginning of the run, but felt fine by mid point. And no pain at all today. Yay!! so I'll be trying it out for 3 miles tomorrow and we'll see how it goes!

NRR: meeting in about 30 min and trying to get some stuff done in the interim...

Sassy: I honestly don't know if I'd stay. I've been here for 10 years. To be honest, I'll probably ask them (my current company) for more money beyond what they are offering now, just so we have the conversation.  It's tough, because Ive been here for so long so I know the familiar. But after the last couple of days, I might just take the other job....

That's awesome that G loves school! haha.  good luck continuing to get to bed earlier!

gsd: glad M is doing great!

MA: yay! I'm doing skips in my mind about C's sleep last night! that's awesome!

Po: sending those good vibes to your DH!

outwest: sorry about Fay's "woofing" . Still makes me chuckle a bit, but I know it's annoying for you and doesn't let you sleep...

mel: train, sleep eat, do laundry! haha! oh yea!

QOTD: I do speed work, sometimes....

lizo_77

totally with you all on the days when we just ...chat! Smile Miss that!