Womens Running

Wunning On Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 255 times)

RunningSister

Favorite Sister of All!

HI!

Back from picking up car and a stop at my favorite LRS!  Did some Christmas shopping for DBs and me LOL

Amy--Nice job on the run today--Looks like you have recovered nicely from the 10K.  Yikes on the cold hands!

LCRuns--Kudos to you for sticking to it on the DM. I have a hard time not hitting the STOP button when I get bored.  The cardio theater at the gym helps if the movie is ok.  Good to see you!!

Marjorie--Breaks my heart to hear Hammy was in pain--so glad to hear he is better today.  I hope you are not working too hard--looks like you continue to inspire me with your mileage!

Linda--I am sorry to hear that you are injured.  I know the feeling well.  One thing I think I have learned is to just try to enjoy running--It slowed me down sooo much trying to recover(which took 2 years since I would never rest completely) -- terribly frustrating for me since all my RBs are faster!  These days I am just grateful to run--I do remember the days coming out of my boot when I could only run less than a mile--funny how we all just want a little more!!  Holy cow--1400 miles is a LOT--especially including injury time! 

Tessa--No, I ran with a different RB--She's the one in the Philly marathon pic--a co-worker and young enough to be my daughter LOL!! I am running this weekend with RB#1--She and I are running the Disney marathon so we will do 16 on Sat with 13.1 of it being a local HM.  She is doing well, but running less d/t a change in her work hours and the addition of another daughter last year!!  We could use some rain--just dreary here right now--like it's "fixin" to rain as they say in the South LOL  Have a great run

Julie D--You are such a beautiful couple then and now.  Very nice and thanks for sharing. Yaaay for you  on the track run and new RB.  Anxious to hear how it went!  As Tessa can tell you, our hills are rolling hills and not really steep.  At least it isn't completely flat where I live so I don't have to run parking garages or overpasses!!

Camille2--Hope you get the LR in today!!

CrazySue--No wonder you were exhausted--WTG on the workouts.  My cats don't stare at me unless they want food and that is pathetic enough!!

mommymac--I feel your pain--It really is difficult when you can't run--hang in there--it'll get better.  Ahhh--I need to run hills like a big girl really soon if I expect my legs to get stronger and my speed to get faster  <sigh>  I'd use the eggs, too--especially if you are cooking them.

Just put the bungee laces on(or is it "in"?) my shoes--it's a love-hate relationship--It takes me 1-2 runs before they are perfectly adjusted and after that they are sooo comfy.  I was running a HM and forgot to double knot my laces(because my brain froze in the really cold weather--my story and I'm sticking to it) and had to stop to tie them--way bad rookie maneuver--NEVER AGAIN I vowed!  This seemed to solve the problem LOL  Also bought a pair of bright green compression socks--thought I would give them a try since I had $$ on my account at the LRS.

Now I am off to day 3 of 8  Life is good!!

Have a great day and I will check back tonight even if I don't have time to post!

Happy runningCool

Julia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Keep Running! Cross the finish line! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arimathea

Tessa

6.91 on the TM at lunch. Dana Stabenow is great as a treadmill read -- except sometimes people look at you with alarm because you're laughing and running.

And as predicted it is starting to drizzle.

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Back again!  I had a WONDERFUL run with my new Running Buddy on the indoor track at the college.  It was a great track - 800m, easy on the bones.  New Running Buddy and I are very nicely matched as far as pace.  That was good!

Marjorie - nice 10.2 - I'm glad to hear that Hammy is doing better.  

Carolyn - I would be fine with the eggs.  They're a pretty hardy food in their shells.  

Ginny - No... it's not bad to say.  I actually feel the same way.   I'm glad that the 5 went well for you!  You're gonna rock your half!  

Julia - I pulled the same rookie move in my Turkey Trot last week.  Oh, that's right... I AM a rookie... haha!  Can the bungee laces go in any running shoe?  that might be worth a try!

Tessa - nice TM work... including the laughter.  Core work and speed work at the same time!!

I just signed up for a Jingle Bell run this Saturday.  So, I need to go to the mall and find some bells to wear.  That will be fun!  

I am SO bitten by the race bug! Smile

g'nite all! 

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Disney freak

Ok, here goes, jumping in with both feet.  My posts will probably be about this time every night.  Two "little" ones in bed. (9 and 5) and I'm just now getting  a chance to put my feet up on the couch.

Took the day off from exercising even though I had planned to go to Jazzercise.  My sinuses hurt pretty bad and I was just plain tired.  I really think I need to go to bed early tonight and catch up on my sleep.  It's 8:15 now, so I'll try for 9:00.

My first 5K is a week from Saturday and I have been planning out my runs for the next week and a half.  

Thursday - Jazzercise

Friday - run 0.8/walk 300 yards (repeat 4 times - same one I did Wednesday)

Saturday - rest

Sunday - run (same as Friday)

Monday - walk 1 mile

Tuesday - run 4 miles with a 300 recovery walk between each mile

Wednesday - rest

Thursday - 4 miles running with just a single 300 recovery walk between mile 2 and 3

Friday - rest or walk?

Saturday - race in the a.m.

This is what my C210K training plan calls for, but I think that Tuesday and Thursday may be a little much.  I may modify them to 3 miles.  I'm going to see how Friday and Sunday go first.

What are you guys thoughts on the day before my first race?  Rest or walk?

Julia - What are bungee laces?

Tessa – You do almost 7 miles at lunch?  Wow.  In just an hour? 
          Julie D – bells on your shoes?  That should be fun.  I’m trying to decide what to do for my 5K.  It’s called the “Frosty 5k”.

Judy – How fun to buy new shoes.  Mine don’t have enough miles on them to even think about a new pair.  What does an “XT” pair mean?

Marjorie – your dogs are beautiful. I’ve always wanted a Basset Hound.  Unfortunately, we found out this summer that my DD5 is highly allergic.  She pets them, then touches her face and blows up like a balloon.

Camille – did you get your “longish” run in today? 

Tar Heel Mom – do you share your real name online?  Also, what is a “Tar Heel Mom”?

Crazysue – Hi back!

Linda – Did you get to run today?  1400 would be an awesome goal to reach.  Good luck!

Carolyn- I’d say no to the eggs.  I worked in food service for a long time.  Any doubt, throw it out.  Your car probably never got down to 45 anyway.

Ginny – you’ve been with this group for 4 years?  Wow that’s pretty neat.  Kind of like a founding mother?

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
          • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
          • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
          • training for Big D half on 4/14

Disney freak

I decided to change my picture.  This one is more recent, and I love how cute Claire and I look together.

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
            • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
            • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
            • training for Big D half on 4/14
            Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa-Marie, nice picture!

Julie, glad your new running buddy is working out well.

For bells, I would go to Joann's or Michael's or whichever craft store is near you, that's where we bought bells last weekend for DS to give to his secret pal in the choir santa exchange.

Some more of the final is written and now I need to get to bed, meeting running neighbour in 6 hours 45 minutes!  Good night.