Womens Running

Most Wonderful Time of the Year WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 23 times)

SugarLand

Evening

got in 3.5 miles this morning and it was cold

This past year has been a tough one for me. I really do not have any Christmas spirit so we have decided to spend this weekend down at South Padre Island

we found a condo on the beach plus we were able to take the dogs with us. Even though it will be chilly walking on the beach is one of my favorite things to do it is so relaxing

everyone have a great evening

Vicki

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 3 with hubby and then ran 2 solo, all outside, at least.  Lifted while hubby finished his 10.

Karen, nice weather, except the wind.  Yeah, inside some days (especially if I have long or speed, as I don't want to fall), but it's not horrid this Winter (too horrid).

Laura, nice run!  Glad you are feeling better!

Elina, have fun on your LR.

Marjorie, hoping Quincy feels better.

Diane, nice 6!

Vicki, nice run!

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

I got 9 hours of sleep last night but ugh, it wasn't a nice deep sleep. I kept waking up every hour and tossing and turning all night. i slept on and off for 9 hours but feel like I only slept 2 hours. I also woke up with a massive headache. Honestly, I think I am just exhausted. I never get headaches.

Spending lots of time in the kitchen today! I have to bake two kinds of cookies, potato casserole and prep lump crab meat for dinner. YUM. I love it though. And I love that HCBF will be here to enjoy it with me Smile That stupid crab meat - we went to the local seafood place to get it and they were out. We went to at least 6x different places to find this crab meat. We ended up finding it on the other side of town! TRAFFIC WAS AWFUL!!! All for crab meat. LOL. And its not even the one I wanted! We will see if it turns out OK. I hope so!

HCBF and I are going to have a nice dinner and then we are going to drive around and look at Christmas lights with Ruger. We are also going to open each others gifts since we have to leave quite early tomorrow. His twin sister sent me a text last night - "I am really happy HCBF has someone so nice to spend these special times with. For the record, I have never said that before". I cried! Smile

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

Laura - I ordered the dress from Macy’s. My mom had said she ordered $3,000 worth of dresses online LOL..she is going to return them all - but she ended up finding one at Macy’s..so I thought I would give it a shot. Mmm breakfast casserole sounds really good. And cookies Smile Are you hosting Christmas at your house? Glad you are feeling better! I have a weird stomach also…mayo for some reason is a NO GO for me. Even if its a little bit I will be “down” for hours. Odd. Could have been a tummy bug - you are always on the go go go!

Diane - I will post a picture on Saturday! That way I am all done up Smile I don’t think I would ever wear it to work - too dressy. But I love cobalt blue! Nice job with the workouts the last few days! Raisins during a run is actually really smart. I may add that to my long run snacks. I usually have pretzels, MMs and gummy bears. But lately I have a hard time getting the pretzels down. I think I am just tired of them..so I have been looking for a substitute. Raisins may work!

Kilmisters - Ugh, don’t remind me about the how to burn off all the cookies (as I shove another cookie in my mouth). Smile There really should be more marathons around Christmas! Nice run yesterday! I am with you on trying to slow down..especially with all that you have going on at work. If you channel your thoughts you tend to run faster Smile

Margaret - Wow, you are getting back to the swing of things in the running department nicely! Smile How are you feeling otherwise?

Docket - Bummer that DH has to work this weekend Sad UGH on the heat. Back to the treadmill for you Sad

Karen - Nice running with the group. Sorry you weren’t feeling too well. I haven’t been either. I usually soak up some sleep but not lately. How long did the marathoner run? Sweet on the vacuum - Ruger tries to do the same thing with the regular vacuum. Oh, and I took the week off! Woohoo!

Marjorie - So good to hear from you! I was thinking about you the other day and thinking how this Christmas may be hard for you. I am glad you are doing well!! That is awesome about Rockey and the no barking. We are lucky, Ruger hardly barks. Even if someone knocks on the door - no bark. He usually only barks when we leave the house. Glad to hear Quincy is still hanging in there, too! We miss you!!!

Vicki - Oh, sorry to hear that Christmas will be difficult. I love the beach condo idea!!! Enjoy!! Smile

Oh, thanks for all the comments on FB about my hair! I am starting to really love it! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Ok, you ''coffee before run'' totally confuse me, honesty. I almost always drink coffee before morning/noon games, but it's a bit different as it's more of ''interval'' than ''long & steady'' sport. Then again I never run in the mornings... Oh well.

Diane, 28 hawks? Is that smth usual for your area?

Marjorie, oh boy, I feel your pain... Excel -> Libre Office? Ugh. Sometimes even transferring reports among different versions of Exces is a PITA because of, say, slicer, powerpivot etc. compatibility. Hoping your project is a success!

Lizzie, wow, I feel sluggish from just reading about all the food at your side Big grin Oh, totally forgot HCBF has a twin sister! That's such a nice thing for her to say Smile Are they similar btw? My teammate has a twin brother and it's superobvious (eyes, jawline etc) Smile Totally true about running fast when tackling some thoughts.

Vicki, hoping you can relax!

20k today, the plan was to run past all of our stores in that town (3 of them) Smile It's fun, because you have to plan it out, most of them you've seen only in spreadsheets and photos not real life, and it's become sort of challenge for me when running in a new place. But booooooy, it was tough. Another ice + heavy wind + rolling hills LR. Really felt more like a workout than run. Big grin

Question: this is second cold-ish LR in a row, after which despite immediate hot shower + hot tea + snuggling in blankets I feel shivers for another 3-4 hrs at least; not all the time, but every 10-15mins or so, regardless of what I do. The outwear for run itself is warm enough, never felt cold during the run; and the temps aren't even that low (around 30 degrees minimum). Yes, there's wind, but still... Any experience w smth like this?

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie enjoy the day with BF, sorry about the crab (just had to say that...lol). So nice the family likes you.

Elina, I have a cup every morning so not unusual before my "run" which really right now is a walk, a fast walk but still....lol.  The Red Tailed Hawk overwinters in this area but 28 is the most I've counted.  I love the raptors and enjoy seeing the hawks.

Hi Vicki, hope you have a nice quiet Christmas.

Elina, also I have a hard time getting warm again once I get thoroughly chilled.  Sometimes a very hot bath is the only thing.

Today I plan on doing 3 miles to finish the week.  DH has the flu so I'm trying to keep noise down and let him sleep.  He never gets sick so this is unusual.

It's 25 this morning and should get to all of 34 today...ick as I have to go up to the barn and do his normal stuff outside.

Happy Christmas eve.

LC Runs

3 miles for me plus a leg workout.  I am hoping to get some decent miles in next week while I am off of work!  Heading downstate for the day to spend it with BF's family, will be a long day but should be fun.  Kids are spending evening with their grandparents, dinner, gifts, church.

Vicki - enjoy the beach!

Damaris -  nice 5!

Lizzie - ugh, sorry you did not sleep well.  Enjoy the day baking/cooking and the evening with HCBF.  That is so nice about his sister and her text!!  Yes, I am having my mom and step dad over tomorrow.  We are doing snack type stuff so she is bringing some food and I'll have a few things.

Elina - great job on the 20k, definitely sounds like a challenging route.  I don't know what the solution is about the staying cold after a run, I've had it happen but usually I warm up in a couple of hours.

Diane - sorry your DH is sick, that stinks.  Have a wonderful Christmas Eve!!

Howdy!! 6 miles of torture this morning. Sheesh!  Glad that is over.

Making seafood gumbo for Christmas Eve dinner. I just finished the roux.  DF is chopping the "trinity" (onion, garlic, bell pepper). He picked the crab meat yesterday, I need to peel shrimp in a bit.  YUM!!

Diane--I hope DH is feeling a little better.  LC, I hope you are feeling better too.

Elina--First Christmas for baby! I hope y'all have a wonderful day.

Karen--Roomba--I think Skye would kill it.

Have a great day!!

Arimathea

Tessa

10 miles yesterday -- needed gas and some things from Costco, so went to their gas station early, gassed up, checked with attendant to confirm that the warehouse opened at 9:30, left car in their (empty) parking lot, went for 10 mile run. Returned at 9:40 to find a) they'd opened at 9 rather than 9:30, b) the place was a zoo, and c) people get upset when a runner returns to her car to drop her gloves and pick up her wallet and then goes into the store. I had drivers following me hopefully even though I tried to let them know I wasn't leaving. And then when I had finished shopping and loaded my trunk, there was a line of cars waiting to vy for my spot.

So glad I didn't go later...

And 6.8 this morning before WW. I didn't know there was an ugly sweater contest at the meeting until I got there. Oh my. It's amazing how many ugly sweaters 40 women can come up with. And ugly leggings -- why would someone make leggings with decapitated Father Christmases on them and have his head UPSIDE DOWN all the way up each leg? But the run was good. Uphill 3.4 miles, turn, come back, a good 10 minutes faster than the ascent.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Quickie hello to everyone.

Tessa, aren't the parking lots CRAZY!  I, against better judgement, went to the mall yesterday.  Remarkably only drove up/down a few aisles and found a spot.

Sue, OMG, your gumbo sounds amazing.

Laura, enjoy your day with the BF's family.

Diane, what a bummer for your DH being sick for the holidays.  Hope you got your miles in.

Elina, sorry you are so cold after your run.  That is the worst.

Lizzie, how annoying trying to find the crab.  I would have been crabby trying to find it, especially with the traffic.  Have a lovely dinner.

Damaris, did I see on FB you are going to a Circe show?  FUN!!

Vicki, I hope you manage to have a nice holiday.  Nice you can take the pups with you.

Marjorie, great that Rockey is making progress.  I hope you have a nice holiday as well.

Karen, nice on the Roomba.  If I got one, I think it would learn how to open the door and zoom away screaming in horror.

Margaret, nice you are getting some runs in.

Sandy, if you do read this, enjoy your beer!  Saw the cute IG pic.

OK, think I might be caught up on personals.

Work yesterday was meh.  Glad I am done.  Went to the mall after and got myself a pasta maker for Christmas.  I am still feeling low energy and haven't done much of anything, including running.  (Still constantly hacking up stuff too, sorry, TMI.)  Today is a TV/football day.  Tomorrow I have an Applewood Smoked ham to munch on.

Best to you all.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, it was Volta from Cirque and it was amazing!

I ran 18 on the TM.  Karen gave me a range from 18-20 but my knee has been achy and I hate doing LRs in the evenings because I get tired, so I made it to 18 and I called it a night.  It was mostly mental, ha.

Hope everybody had a nice Christmas Eve or whichever you celebrate.  Enjoy!

Damaris