Womens Running

Tricky Tuesday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sometime next year Diane, probably fall.  Spring is kinda full.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

ginnyb

Liz...sorry about Ruger, poor guy.  Great about maybe getting a different job in the organization away from Mammel,  Too bad this bridal show was not the good, but cool on the dance lessons!  Being there for your BF is the best thing you could do.

Lisa....that is one big medal!  DC better not feel too bad about walking because there will be a lot of it next weekend between Kat and myself!  I am really looking forward to it.  Wish I liked beer, but I will find something to drink instead!  You could try and get me to like it, but hard cider is about as close as I get.

Laura...Sheesh a bagel with cream cheese sounds good , I have not had one in quite a while and I love everything bagels!  Enjoy your date.

Diane and Sue....I am trying to eat better too and drink more water!  Wish I didn't like food so much.  Chicken breast gets a little old.  Why don't I get tired of eating potato chips????

Sue, I have had a lot of work related meltdowns lately..the public is getting worse and my fuse is getting shorter, or maybe they seem worse because my fuse is shorter....either way I don't like it.

Worked upper body this morning......

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, once I put on my running shoes and sox, the toe hurt went away. It was fine for a 50 minute run and 40 minute fast walk after that. I feel the cause was the older sandals that I wore all summer because of the toe. They will go in the trash. I'm really a slow runner, but I would guess I do about 3 miles 5 to 6 days a week and about 5 miles for the long run.

Karen, I never tire of hearing about the baby runners. Six milers for their long run sounds great! The positive effects of what you are doing will be growing exponentially. You are helping people live longer and healthier. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura – MMMM I haven’t eatin a bagel in a long time! Sounds so good. Nice workout this morning!! Hope your day goes by fast! Woohoo for date night Tuesdays!

Susan – The heat is so awwwfffuullll. Oh no on the meltdown Sad Hang in there! I cry before I come into work. Probably 4 out of the 5 days a week. That is how awful it is here - so I understand! I did not know that about your EXH. That is awful.

Sandy – Speed in these old gams? Bringing up the rear? LOL!!! Smile Nice job on that workout this morning! WOOHOO! Not sure if I would be able to hang.  Good lord it is taking them forever to fix the Microsoft issue!! I heard on the news this morning that Minneapolis was going to be nice and cool soon. I think they mentioned it because we are getting the same cold front..but we won’t have the awesome weather you are getting. I swear its only going to cool us off 5 degrees. LAME. OH I meant to tell you – I thought of you this morning since you have a kit kat Smile I GOT CHASED BY A CAT! YES! How weird is that?! It wasn’t being mean or anything, I think it just wanted some love. But I was like, WTF?! LOL. I thought of you because you are the only one I know who has a kit kat Smile COMPLETELY understand about the pup. I feel really guilty when I am not there with Ruger. Yes, we call him Pampers Smile Lets see this weekend..I have a hair apt on Saturday, but that is it! I am sure we will have dinner at somepoint with HCF’s parents..but nice and low key! I am all for that. How about you?!

Karen – “Hills with the kids” – that made me smile. Smile Have fun what that in the TX heat. You are SO right with what you said to Susan about getting out there in the dark and awful heat. I try to talk myself out of it EVERY. MORNING. Aw, I love reading your bragging runner stories!! Smile Take the credit! We have all had those runs where we obviously didn’t eat right the day prior – see, nutrition has a lot of to do with it Smile

Diane – I snack all the time. I have like, 3 breakfasts. Keeps me from not starving all day. I hear it helps the metabolism but who knows. Hope the hearing aids workout today! I am having a slow work day as well. I have been shopping for honeymoon airbnb’s.

Cathy – Nice hill work out this morning! Glad the thunderstorm moved along. Aww, DD got her first massage!! She is going to be hooked now Smile Congratulations on passing the Scrum master test!! Hmm, are you going to keep looking around for a “potential” new house? I agree, not having a mortgage must be nice! I am anxiously waiting for the day that I don’t have a car payment. I did NOT hear the story about that bride!! That is crazy! If you want guests to pitch in, then maybe you shouldn’t have a wedding at all. I wonder if anyone paid. Okay, I just googled. It is real! She cancelled her wedding because no one paid. DUH. LOL. That is funny.

Kathryn – Nice job getting out there this morning. So what, you slept an extra hour? You still got out there! That weather IS perfect! Aw, you ladies are going to have so much fun!!

Docket – You get nauseous when you eat breakfast? I get nauseous if I DON’T! Sorry about the hamstring. Sad When do you go on rest mode? You are not wasting your weekend!!! That is going to be a gorgeous race! I cant wait to see pictures!

Ginny – I love everything bagels, too! YUM. I need to drink more water..ugh. Constant struggle since I don’t want to pee every 5 minutes.

Judy – Oh good, glad the toe felt better! Nothing wrong with being slow. I am pretty slow right now myself! Smile The fact that you are out there consistently is impressive!

I have to go walk someone around the building! Talk with you ladies later!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh! It just came to me that Damaris has cats 😂😂 duh Liz

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Woohoo!! Boss LOVED my project!! I did something right I did something right!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh! It just came to me that Damaris has cats 😂😂 duh Liz

Bahahaha.

Not sure if I got nauseous FROM breakfast or before from the meds.  It has finally subsided.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Waited until 7 to run, the heat advisory expired at 8, so it wasn't as terrible as it could have been. Still came back drenched from just under 5 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

meh, I was nauseous 2 hours after my second dose of the med, so it is definitely the BP meds.  Pilates was horrible and I was going to skip my 6, but then hubby said to try and run so I did, thinking i would do Thursday's easy 4, but I ended up running my 6.  We'll see tomorrow.

Damaris

Candlelight Yin yoga tonight. Pretty much a guided stretching class. That's the Yin thing in yoga. Holding poses long as a contrast to Vinyasa where they are one breath to one movement. Vin Yin would combine the two. Yin is very much like a restorative class but the poses are different, usually deeper so they really get into the fascia. Felt good.

Karen-I tend to put them on as background when I'm doing stuff in the evening or driving or running. I don't have a tv and live alone so that makes it easy. LOL I think on the walking it's the ability to NOT see it as a failure or some sort of lesser effort. Seeing it as moving yourself forward longer than would have been wise at a running pace. Pat yourself on the back when you feel like stopping but walk instead. I think for the faster runners what can be hard is going to be all that time with yourself in your own head. Prepare for that and relish that you're giving yourself the opportunity to learn how you deal with that. It's probably the main reason people sign up for these things.. to test themselves and when the going gets tough...yeah..that's when you get to do that. :-)  Cool about your baby runner!

Sue-you know you can swap out another three letter S word for Sue, right?  Congrats on the boss compliment!

Diane-awesome resource with all those races... I don't have Arkansas. Will check that out as well. I like your motivation of revenge against the course. You will be stronger and so much more prepared! August in Louisiana? the race looked great until I saw that. Oh wait... went to ultrastealmymoney.com and it's Dec. 15. Will think about it. I'm actually wanting to find something right after the wedding so mid November. I want to keep my ultra shape for the wedding. I KNOW... that's the dumbest reason to want to do a race. But it would keep me running leading up to the wedding at the beginning of November and allow for recovery from the 100k in Sept.

Sandy-yoga is at a studio. I can't get into the video ones. Nice workout today Gramma!

Cathy-have fun at the Dells!

Kat-I'm sorry about working all weekend. Can't wait to see the get up and be passed by you on the trail! I haven't thought of my get up yet. Just the go. Will do a strategic search for the New Belgium fruity beer.

Damaris-wasting your weekend? LOL

Ginny-there will be hard cider. No worries. He's looking forward to doing the half with the two of you! Hope you can add to your fuse!

Liz-that is no way to work...crying before you go in! Talk about endurance training! Not to mention being stalked by a mountain lion on your morning run today. LOL

HCK2-tell yourself that you had a pore cleanse.... we have the cleanest pores around! Fall is coming!

Lisa