Womens Running

Cheesecake MONDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Lizzie, aww, sorry about the issues with your parents!  I know that "back in the day" weddings were a family affair, seen as being thrown by the parents of the bride.  Sounds like that is what your parents are expecting.  Versus it being YOUR wedding.  Unfortunately, since they are paying for it, then it is reasonable for them to expect that they will have some say.  The trick is to have their involvement be at a comfortable level for all involved.  I agree with Karen though, sitting down and talking about it may be the best thing to do.  I guess the other option, if you have the ability, is to pay for your own wedding and have your parents just help out with what you cannot afford.  Maybe I should consider myself lucky, neither of our parents offered to pay for our wedding.     But vent away, we are here for you!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Karen – I was going to ask about the Brooks Glycerins!! Let us know how they work out when you get them in Smile I agree with you on my mom – I do need to give her some tasks! I also need to sit down with them and talk. Sigh. I had to LOL with what you said about DH and the spandex. LOLOL. Good luck with the chores!

Docket – Vegas is looking good…

Cathy – I completely agree! That is exactly how they are handling it. When I got the email, I sent it over to my brother. He sent me one back that he received from them when he was getting married. SAME THING. And they weren’t even paying! My mom does real estate on the side and offered to help my brother with his house hunt a few years ago. Well, they gave him some money for his down payment – but she used that as leverage to control every little aspect that she could. My mom is known to be difficult. I should have known this was coming. Things have to be her way or the highway. I think we are going to try to pay for the wedding ourselves! HCF’s parents are helping us A LOT with the honeymoon..so we are saving some money there. I just don’t know how to get her to a comfortable level. Especially if she is arguing about things that we are paying for! Weird.

Kathryn – Small and simple seems good right now. Or nothing at all LOL. Good lord I can never have kids! LOL.  A nap sounds like a nice accomplishment! Now you just need some wine and cheesecake Smile

Thanks as always for listening and letting me vent!! See, I DO need a Xanax refill!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie do you have a copy of the "budget"?  Perhaps you could cut out some costs somewhere else to make up for the overage on the photographer?  I think the others are correct and your mom sounds somewhat controlling but I'm guessing she's always that way.  I kind of lean toward Damaris...if I got mad enough I'd just tell them Fine, not doing YOUR wedding...and then just go the Vegas or justice of the peace and have a relaxing honeymoon...turn off the phones.  Course then you'll have to hear all the gnashing of teeth and hair pulling and wailing on how you ruined the wedding.  As if.  The grown up me would sit down with all involved parties and the BUDGET and set boundaries.  Might involve some tears but hopefully it would help with any further drama and you could respond with "remember what we agreed to?"

Kilmisters

I have been away for a while because of the whole budget process sucking the life (and sleep) out of me, and if nothing changes, it will stay so until my vacation (Aug20)… Everyone’s saying I should take a break from running to save energy, but, honestly, it’s the thing (and, of course, the positive energy from miniK!!) that keeps me sane. I’ve been reading the posts here whenever some data cube is loading slowly and/or before sleep.

Lizzie, I agree w Damaris. If I were you, I’d say screw it and have a small, cute wedding so that you don’t have to think about others; it’s YOUR day. Of course, step1 is to try talking things out w parents, but, from what I’ve gathered from reading your previous posts, this situation is nothing surprising… Don’t let this ruin (what has to be) your perfect day!

So, I wanted to write a small race report on trail race I ran on Saturday (12k). Several people tried to talk me out of it; “look at weather forecasts, it’s insane to even get out of the house, let alone run”. Honestly, I thought it would be another case of reality being much more bearable than the dreadful warnings, in this case – that it wouldn’t be that hot. I was wrong. 90*F w 60% humidity. For us it’s, as you might guess from some previous rants of mine, equivalent of “who set the Earth on fire!??” Orange weather warning; several decades old temperature records in certain regions were broken. But still, thousands of people showed up for the race! Instead of 2 water spots planned for the 12k distance, there were 3, plus they were literally pouring buckets of water on anyone who wanted to. Oh and sprinklers too, at every water station. And few people whose houses were located next to course had set their garden sprinklers over the fence so that they reach the runners. So, it was tough! The course itself was challenging too, w 3 hills so steep that I simply gave up and walked. All in all, I am happy about my result, given the circumstances. Had I not had the few 84-ish degree training runs, including LR at beach... Add at least 5-7mins to finish time. It’s been two days and my legs are still trashed and stairs are avoided at all costs; in case something, say, pencil falls on the floor, it stays there until someone feels sorry for me and hands me the damn thing. Oh, and after the trail race I went to our corporate sports games (approx 60mi drive); of course, missed the whole sports part (not that I was capable of anything more active than slow walking anyway, of course) and happened to arrive when the beer+DJ part began. YAY! Before that I managed to jump in the nearby lake, legs were thankful for that. Got home w one of the buses company had organized (the event was 200mi from my home)… At 3am. So, needless to say the whole Sunday was “not planning to move ANYWHERE away from the couch”. Ok, actually, I tackled some Excels and ran 8mi to get the legs moving. The whole process (every single meter) was rather painful, but, as it always happens in these cases, felt better after the run. 8mi today too, slightly better.

P.S. I just want to survive the damn budget w/o major f--ups. The deadlines are insane.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. Went up to both cupcake places after work, one was supposed to have 2 different cheesecake ones, but those were sold out. Still replenished my supply, so not a wasted trip.

If I came home & stripped down in the kitchen when DH was home, the wet clothing experiment would never stand a chance of happening.

Lizzie, I agree with what others have said. Talk to your parents and see if you all can come to an agreement. I think parents do start to have a say in it when they pay--inviting of their friends and stuff like that. I'm partial to Vegas weddings, although that can come with some stress too.

Kilmisters, ugh on the race in heat. Nice that they were prepared with the water & sprinklers.

dhuffman63

Trails

Lol HCK...I could do a strip tease and all I'd hear is "I'm tired"