Womens Running

Freaking Friday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Beats Freak Out Friday. LOL

Anything freaking you out today? I'm pretty chill and it has nothing to do with the temps. Have a couple of low key runs planned for the weekend, a visit to the eye doctor (ever since Woodstock my vision has been wonky and one eye extra puffy underneath), and that's about it. Yoga tonight. Candlelight Yin so very relaxing and stretchy. A is in Boston visiting his sons for the weekend. PiYo was a great class. The gym added a different class to their lineup that I may try on Monday. Totally a gimmick and you can only do this so many times sort of thing but could be fun for a month or so. Pound workout is what it's called. I like that they mix things up at the place. They are trying out a VeraFlow class in a few weekends and may do that at some point. That's low impact dance with lots of stretching. So not sweat focused but mobility focused. I'll be out of town through for the PiYo & Prosecco Sunday. LOL

HCK-you are consistent with your miles. 

Judy-that sounds like grip but you probably mean more than just getting tops off of containers. I know what you mean though. I've always had weak hand/gripping and it hasn't improved over time.

Lizzie-a sewage emergency does not sound like a good day for anyone, especially when closely followed by you saying "no cavities"... that was a bit of a freakout moment. There is another local race the weekend after Thanksgiving here called the Leftover Run. Participants get to pick from shirts and medals that are left over from the organizers previous runs and there is a food drive as part of it. Kind of cute idea but I'll pass.

Karen-LOL on the Olive Garden song. Your weather is finally betting nice for you! I think the names have to get creative when in an urban area since there are multiple available. But most here are just called "Turkey Trot" with whatever town it's in.

Cathy-We aren't to measurable snow here yet but it is coming for sure.

Sandy-so exciting for you with the new place! Holidays for me are hot/cold since the kids have multiple places to go so I'll have definite just me time too which will include time spent enjoying my new old condo. LOL

Damaris-I'll be down there on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to drive back with Kaite but I think we are going to go to lunch with her boyfriend so will be in and out of Indy without a chance to say hi! Nice that you are getting in with a local run club already.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Shakeout run tonight.  Still no idea what I'll wear for my marathon tomorrow.  I feel like I should wear tights.  Windchills are between 17-24F but it keeps changing.  We shall see.

Lisa, keep me posted just in case you can!  I live in Fishers so even if it's a coffee nearby on your way out. If not, next time. And forgot to say again, Congrats, grandma!

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10+ for me this morning!

Cold out there today - in the 30's but very windy. Great run! My wrists must have been cold because Garmin said my heart rate was 160-177 - haha that was not accurate. I have to say that I am SORE as HECK from Body Pump class yesterday! I can hardly sit down. I guess thats good Wink. Will probably skip class next week so I am not sore for race day. Last double digit until race day! Haven't been doing many of those in a couple of weeks any way Smile.

Busy day with lots of calls. Have to run a few errands at lunchtime. Weekend plans...Friendsgiving tomorrow (SO EXCITED) and lunch with a friend on Monday - other than that..just household chores!

Judy – Its hard to get back into the routine of weights! Do you have classes you can do for weight training?

Run4kupcakes – How is FIL?

Lisa – Happy Friday! Not freaking out yet…but give it until noon. Wow, Pound workout looks awesome! Something different. Let us know how you like it! I like the sounds of Prosecco Sunday. 😊 Good luck at the eye doctor! Laughing at the leftover run! I would pass as well, but like you said, it is a cute idea! I would prefer Thanksgiving leftovers.

Docket – Wow, totally missed that you are running Indy this weekend! That’s exciting!!!!! Good luck!! Is DH running?

Happy Friday!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nope, he is "injured" and will probably continue to claim that all through Winter, lol.

It was 18F this morning!!!

Damaris

Seloc

SOOOOOOOO glad it's Friday!  TRX/Bells class this morning.  Well, it certainly is not perfect and would have been MUCH easier with a second set of hands, but I got that bedroom door hung.  Just need to put the knob back on.  Had enough cursing for the day yesterday so saving that for the weekend.  Screen won't be done until next week.  Garage door guy fixed it right up.  Pretty sure he thought I was a complete weirdo watching him work and chatting.  Probably tis true.  I used that foaming Good Stuff in the foundation crack.  Worked well except I have a LOT to clean up!  Just becoming a regular ol' handychic - or not   Not much planned for the weekend.  Maybe HH today.  Meeting friends for coffee tomorrow.  Probably watch some of the MN/Penn St football game.  2 unbeatens in the Big10.  MN coach was lobbying HARD to get ESPN College GameDay to town but can't really compete with the big southern rivalry - LSU and Alabama.  That's about it!

Cathy - TRUE!  I should have clarified - fall time change is awesome.  Spring, not so much.  How was Olive Garden?  Did a Karen-like waitress sing??  LOL  I bet your parent's restaurant was DELICIOUS.  Have a great weekend!

Karen - OMG I was cracking up at your Olive Garden song!  Or, maybe it's picturing YOU as a waitress and singing it!  Sorry, the visual just cracks me up.  How is DH liking this COLD weather?  Only 12* this morning.  I looked again yesterday for horseradish chips (yes, I was at Menards AGAIN) but no luck.  Bought some popcorn instead which may or may not have been my lunch AND dinner.  

Liz - last double digits!  In your 2018 Richmond shirt, no less.  Congrats on the no cavities and "pink" mouth haha.  Nope, no projects needed at the new house.  Will barely even need to clean it's so nice.  Yeah, moving Leo is probably the thing I'm most worried about.  But, I'm hoping my latest idea works out - going to borrow my sister's dog crate and get it this weekend.  Will put it in the dining room with his bed in it and hopefully he will explore and not be afraid.  When it is time to transport him, at least that crate *should* be easier to get him into.  I also think I will bring him over Friday evening while things are quiet and then can keep him in a room in the basement at the new place.  I don't really have a place in my current house to keep him separate while people are moving things.  Good call on skipping BP next week.  Oh, I meant to say - you would NOT want to hang with me on Thanksgiving.  There is no food!  Only wine!    Have a nice long weekend.

Lisa - no freaking out over here.  A little nervous about moving the kit kat but that's about it!  That's so cool you are trying all sorts of different classes at the gym.  Weird about the eye.  Smart to get it checked out!!  Have a great, relaxing weekend!

Damaris - another marathon!!  Oooh, brrrr.  I'd wear tights for SURE.  Are you seriously STILL not cold in those temps??  You ARE quite the little heater!!  Good luck tomorrow!!

Kat - hey, quick kit kat question - do those "calming wipes" work at all?  Would you recommend anything other to chill the kit kat out while transporting?  Pretty sure he will freak a bit and just want to lessen his anxiety if I can.  Thanks, Dr!!

Man, I am READY for the weekend!

Anonymous Guest

4 faster than easy miles with some strides towards the end. 50 degrees and windy. Tomorrow morning's run may be our first one where it's under 40 degrees when we start. It will be a small group though with 10 or so running the half on Sunday, so panic should be limited.

Lisa, fun on all the different classes. I tried PiYo once at my old gym. I didn't really like it, was too much Yo and not enough Pi for me. But I know you are a fan of the Yo, so it makes sense that you would like it.

Damaris, I vote tights.

Liz, yay for the last double digit run! On the job search, still ongoing but not wholeheartedly. Lots going on with finally getting the condo then going out there and then getting it set to rent out. If this property manager is as good as he says he is, the rentals may cover the house payment and most of the expenses, in which case I wouldn't feel as obligated to work. I will still look though, since I have a lot of time on my hands why not?

Sandy, nice job on all the repairs, handychic! Believe it or not I was actually a really good waitress. I just didn't like it. But I averaged over 20% tips back in 1993. Or 1992, but I think 1993. At the Olive Garden. The worst part was when you had a birthday and had to find people to sing - suddenly everyone was super busy with their own shit. So, even though I'm a horrible singer, I would always go sing because I knew how much it sucked going into the kitchen yelling "singers! I need singers!" and getting a group together. Anyway, needless to say, the p/t job search will not include restaurants.

DH's plane lands in about 20 minutes so I expect him home in an hour or so. I think he's going to pick up his Corvette this afternoon, which is finally ready after what, six months since the car fire. He stopped by there Monday and test drove it and said it was scary - way too much power for an old car.

Weekend plans - group run Saturday morning, then a dinner with about 10 baby runners Saturday night. Half marathon Sunday, which I won't race all out, but will run faster than easy. It's a goal race for some of my runners, plus we made the schedule for the marathoners so they have 13 miles for a long run this weekend, so several of them are running it for their long run. This will be the first year that I won't be the first to finish among our group. I fully expect to be 5th. All 4 of my speedy runners are racing.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Awful day. Ready for it to be over. SOON!

Sandy – Woohoo on TRX/Bells class. NICE on the bedroom door! I have some things around the house I need fixed up, maybe I can just hire you 😊. Your weekend sounds PERFECT! I like your plan for Leo! Has he ever been to a new place? I think I recall you saying he hadn’t. I can send some Xanax? I know someone who has Xanax for their cat. Completely understand your nervousness about it! Aww. Ruger has recently started pooping in the house. He did it once in the middle of the night a few weeks back but we attributed that to sickness. Now I think he is doing it out of spite – or anxiety. He did it yesterday and I think it was when HCDH and I left the house at the same time. Maybe he is scared we are going to leave him for a long period of time again? Animals are weird. So don’t be surprised if Leo poops all over your new house. LOL. Though, from what I remember he poops in the house when he is constipated and tries to hide it. LOL 😊.

Karen – Nice miles this morning! It is going to be cold in TX! NICE! Hmm…why do I think you might be first in the group even though you aren’t planning to be? Weather will be quite tempting to race in…. I completely forgot about the income you will get from renting out the condo – who needs work? 😊

Docket – I vote tights as well!!! BBRRR!

Have a good afternoon/evening! I have to make a sweet potato casserole tonight. Going to try a new recipe tomorrow - banana bread pudding!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Still feeling down (ok it's depressing me a lot) about not running and hubby JUST DOESN'T GET IT. He doesn't understand that I'm going  through major withdrawal. He thinks I'm overreacting. Well maybe i am but I don't care. It's how i feel. Add to the fact that he's happier than a pig in shit about me not running and not able to run long distances IF I can run again. Long distances made me feel alive and at least like a real runner. When I run long I stop thinking and THAT is always a good thing. You know... like a zone? Short runs I think too much. Hopefully when and if I can run again the long distances can be revisited.

He likes it when I walk with him now but he's not allowed brisk walks yet due to the concussion syndrome and the slow walking paces are driving me crazy. I need a challenge while doing it. I'm sorry but i find walking boring unless it's used towards a goal. At same time,  I worry that if I go out solo I will stupidly try to run so I'm sticking with walking with him. So we did 2.3 miles last night and a 5k walk today.

Tomorrow I'm going to a friend's house where a couple of us will attempt a kettle bell workout. Yawn. It doesn't excite me but I am gaining weight so I have to learn to like it.

Good luck at indy Damaris!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**