Womens Running

Survival mode Thursday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Yay yay yay!  So happy for you Lizzie!  Love that he asked your parents first and impressed that no one let the cat out of the bag that whole time!  So, he was pretty much just carrying the ring around waiting for the right moment?  Too funny about him wearing it going thru security.  I’m in for a bachelorette marathon weekend!

Kilmisters, sorry that you are having a challenging week.  Can you take time off after the bee store opens?  Hope the race in Sat is fun.

Judy, meant to say the other day that I enjoyed reading about your trip. Especially the turtles.

Karen, 3 am?!  Riley must be on Lizzie time.  Hill repeats are a great workout. I feel like I’ve gotten a lot stronger from doing more hills.

Ginnny, love that you got a new basset!  And glad to hear you’re back in action.

CrazySue, haha on the dog-fur-love-bomb.

Back in a minute for everyone else, we’re driving down to Bishop (central CA).  I’m navigator. Need to pay attention.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

dhuffman63

Trails

That's ok Kat...I'm using up all of my PTO to go visit and need to start saving again for Oct, Nov and YAY BB in Dec.

Got 3 in at the gym...did some inclines and even ran a bit.

Ok I’m back for part II. Just made a pit stop at Starbucks.

Seloc, mmm, foggy steamy sweaty miles.   Sounds like a fun time with your family.  I’m already excited about LIzzie’s bachelorette marathon weekend!

Kat, yes you deserve some extra rest. That sort of stress takes a toll! And heck, you just did your first Ultra. Bask is that accomplishment a little longer.  Extra $$ from work shifts will come in handy.

Tessa, this drive to Bishop is bringing back memories of driving down for Shadow.  We’re on Hwy 108 now, going above/around Yosemite and down into Bridgeport. Have a hotel there for tonight then continuing to Bishop tomorrow after visiting Bodie and Mono Lake.

Karen, we just drove past House of Beef.  Restaurant, catering, custom processing, running. Ok I just made up that last thing.

Damaris, DHuff, hope your workouts went well.

Kilmisters, you deserve that beer and then some. Hang in there.

I ran 9 yesterday, nothing but sitting on my arse in the car today.  We’ll see about tomorrow, maybe a few, maybe not. 50k in Bishop on Sat.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Not an island, but Vegas...  ET Full Moon run in the end of August.  Night race.  I think Tessa might have done it.  But Vegas baby...

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

I am losing power. Not sure if taking a nap will make me more or less likely to drive the 30 minutes to the big hill later for a hill workout. I guess there's only one way to find out.

Gatsby, another 50K? Wow, you are really running strong right now. Laughing at the House of Beef, and the fact that it makes you think of me.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

LIZZIE! That picture is so cute!  How sweet of HBF to go and see your parents. My heartiest congrats!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Kilmisters, your skill levels are remarkably high. Try to be very kind to yourself right now. You are wearing a lot of hats at once. It's hard to do that and still have a difficult week. :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles with some short intervals. Humid again, but at least it was cloudy so not as terrible as it could be.

Lizzie, congratulations to you and HCF!

AnonymousGuest, our last dog woke up like clockwork at 3:33 almost daily. No clue why.

Arimathea, yea, DH & I have to do a lot of shopping around Christmas.

Elina-Yeah for the weekend with friends and the 10k run! Don't lose faith in your skills... there is always more to learn and other ways to do things.. and it's okay to ask for suggestions from others to gain those. But it's hard and sometimes things suck. Hugs.

Judy-I'm sure that the wildlife being quiet was partly because of all the cute kids. LOL

Karen-I like the new sig line!

Lizzie-that is the most romantic proposal!! HCBF becomes HCH! I'm in for Bacherlorette Weekend! DC did just fine with all of us. LOL Withstanding the axe incident.

Sue-I have a white cat.. and wear a lot of black. Same thing. Have fun quilting!

Sandy-I agree! Turkey, the cat, is nice looking.. thank you!  Enjoy the rest of the short week.

Kat-post major event it is common to get some sort of cold like thing... especially if one was breathing heavily for ten hours while the farmer is making hay. the typical blues are best solved by next race planning too. consider this a PSA.

Damaris-hope you get through the day!

Tessa-glad you got out for another run!

Diane-you're going to make that person's day with all the piled up questions. lol Glad the babysitting was fun!

Karen-you are the perfect bachelorette marathon planner!

Margaret-Safe travels! I think it's okay to say you're taking a one week taper between races. LOL

HCK2-nice miles and that is a half evil dog you had. LOL

Gym this morning to do weight machines. We are also having the hot summer weather with it in the 90's. DD is now in Rome and loving it. Since the 17th, she's been in Frankfort, Amsterdam, Berlin, Krakow, Prague, Venice, Florence and now Rome. Still has Milan, Barcelona, London, Paris and then back to Frankfort with a 7 hour stop over in Iceland on the way back on the 21st. One backpack, one pair of shoes, one pair of leggings, 3 dresses, 1 shorts, 1 romper, a jean jacket, swimsuit, flip flops and a rain coat. Having a great time! She hasn't yet found a beer or wine that she likes but apparently she is persevering onward in her attempt to find one.

Lisa