Womens Running

National Cookie Day TUESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Hi ladies! Still around.

Cathy (turtles) reported my road marathon, so glad to get that race out of my system.  So the timing system at the race somehow recorded a 30-39 AG runner as 2nd in my 50-59 AG on the results board at the race.  I don't know why she didn't report it. But online results showed that I was 2nd in my AG.  OV: 89th/214.  Female:  29th/85.  So on my drive back home to AZ, I stopped at the place to exchange the pottery award.

Ran easy 3 miles the next day on SUNDAY.  Rest on MONDAY.  4 easy miles on TUESDAY.   REST on WED. Returned home to northern AZ on THURS and took another rest day.  Since Wed, we've had fierce gusty winds, lots of stuff in the air, including from the fires down south so took another rest day on FRI.  Wind was unbelievable, I swear the house moved, LOL!!.

SAT:  5 good miles on trails.  DH returned home from a week in northern MN, checking on house, cleaning yard.  Went by too quickly he says.

SUN (Mother's Day):  did absolutely nothing.  Was wonderful.  Kids called.  Everyone else texted.  DH and I took a drive in his '57 Buick to have lunch downtown.  Then I watched Forensic Files, Copy Cat Killers, I Survived, I Shouldn't be Alive, Murder Made Me Famous, see a trend here, LOL!!  MON:  5 trail miles.  70 degrees!!

DH and I will be leaving for Honolulu, Hawaii (Island of O'ahu) on Fri till end of month.  We are attending a 3 day conference and the rest is just having a vacation.  I'm not a beach person so this wouldn't have been my choice for a vacation but "since we're there."  DH wants to go hiking and I hope to get in some runs. The big island (Hawai'i') is where the volcano is erupting.  Hopefully the wind keeps the 'toxic' smoke/fumes from blowing north towards our island.

After we return on Thurs, late at night, only have time to unpack, hook up trailer and pick up bag (I'm packing it before I leave for HI) and drive to Moab on Friday.  I have the Thelma and Louise HM on Saturday, June 2.  We are hauling our tear drop trailer and spending the weekend there.

The following week, June 9th, is my Extreme Pine 27K.

Liz:  you're still the energizer bunny with all those miles!  HCBF should get that 'bite' looked at.  Doesn't take much for infection to spread.

Sandy:  glad the weather is getting 'nicer.'  Fargo is always hit or miss on rain and full sun, hope it's an ideal race day!

Cathy (turtles):  thanks for relaying my messages and pics.  Congrats to DH on the recent trail race, I'm not surprised!!  glad it wasn't too muddy.  Does she want to run longer races?

Diane:  sounds like you are working on balancing longer training miles and recovery days, that takes time and patience, and always keeping injury at bay.  Sorry to read you didn't get the full race miles but you got a lot of miles before you decided to stop.  That deserves a high-five!

Gatsby:  your recent trail race sounds glorious!!  Don't think I will run the Golden Gate trail race in July.  Thanks for all the info, will keep it in mind.  I still want to run one in CA.

Karen:  CONGRATS! WOOHOO! on Boston!  I don't know if I replied to your RR. I loved reading it!!  Way to persevere!!  I watched the race on TV, recorded it and have been watching it at least 3x/week.  I still tear up seeing Des Linden finish.  Been following her races since her track days at AZ State Univ.

Docket:  still going strong!

Lisa:  You sound blissful, you deserve it!  I met DC at Antelope Canyon and he is definitely so nice; we talked motorcycles, cars and running.  There's plenty of trail races in NM.  I'm looking at Santa Fe/Taos, northern NM areas, and southern CO.

Tessa:  work sounds busy but you're getting some miles in there too.  Any more trips to AZ?

Elina:  a run can be so therapeutic.  Sorry to hear about Latvia's loss.  I'm not following NBA finals since Spurs lost in first round.  Not a good year for them.

Sue:  did you find a corner and knitted till you dropped?  Hope your day turned out much calmer and brighter.

Judy:  you're so inspiring!  WTG on your work out days!

Kats:  bras!!  Can't live without them, LOL!!  I buy them online, the material has changed in the last few years and I'm not happy with them  but luckily I bought a few of the 'older' ones I like to last me awhile.  I need max support and find the Brooks Juno ones the most supportive and least bouncy, but it takes some flexible moves to get them on and off without dislocating your shoulder.  Hope you find ones that you're happy with.  Gosh, sorry to hear about your work place.  Are you looking out of state?  Best of luck to you on the job search and the race coming up.

Hi LC and Ginny!!

Seloc

COOKIES!  I love cookies.  The one desert I never pass up.  But they have to be bakery cookies or homemade.  None of the processed kind.  And they had cookies on afternoon break today - yes I had more than one  Carbo-loading  ya know.  Rest day today.  Already dreading the 3mi joggity jog in the morning cuz it is sweltering here.  Okay, I may be a tad dramatic.  But it feels sweltering coming from a blizzard a month ago haha.

Conference is pretty good.  I'm an attendee so just sit and listen.  Food is amazing.  Lots of veggies!!  Some goofy event tonight I really wish I could skip but going to suck it up and go.

Lizzie - almost Thursday - squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  And weather still looks good!  Eeps!  Makes me sooooo excited!!  Yes, HCBF should get that checked.  One more run for you, too!!

Karen - good for your spinning instead of running.  Hay is in the barn!!  Fun on the Kindle!  I just read on my phone but I'm cheap haha.

Cathy - so happy the foot is behaving!!  OMG on the tic crawling out of your coworkers ear?!!  OMG that makes my skin crawl!!  I'm already trying to think positive for Saturday.  Prepping myself to not get negative.  It worked at Bis last year so hoping it will for Fargo.

Kat - dang, I feel bad for the others that don't yet know about the store closing!  Hang in there, lady!

Eeeks - gotta wave to everyone else.  Need to brush the fangs and head to this event.  Blerg.  I know I'm going to be dragging my boss out of there before it ends at 10pm haha.

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Diana

Hi Sandy...enjoy the conference.

I did my 2 miles as "speed work" even ran 3 min...lol. Boy Howdy I AM SLOW....2 miles in a blazing 39 min on the TM.  No wonder 50ks take me so long.