Womens Running

Happy Halloween Mondailies! (Read 12 times)

Busy weekend here!  Short run on Saturday, worked on a quilting project that is due tonight, we made 2 batches of persimmon butter (like pumpkin butter or apple butter) and have two more batches to go. Potluck at church, and then the Witches Ride last night--always a good time.

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and outdoors

Tonight we are trick or treating with the grands.

Boo to you!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

That Witch Ride looks fun. I'm not a cyclist at all but I'd have tried that!

Hubby can be a scrooge so we don't usually do anything cool for Halloween other than give out candy. And I'm on afternoon shift again so he won't likely give it out.

Today's a rest day so I will try to get baby weights done. My arm is still a little sore though from the shot so not sure how easy it will be.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

Headed out shortly for a few easy miles. I don't really feel like running, but will not get much chance to run the second half of the week. It's our first van trip thing. Two vans that were planning on it ended up not being able to go, so we only have two vans plus us. Enough to cover our immediate costs, but will need to do more trips/get more people to make it really work.

Sounds like a fun weekend, Susan. We are turning out the lights and hiding in the bedroom for Halloween. It's just too much trouble with two large barking dogs.

Pagosa did a witches paddle board on one of the lakes. I'd have done that or a bike ride!

Lori, just a little bit sore is great compared to what I've seen from others as far as side effects.

HCK, bummer on the fall yesterday. I think I cringed when you mentioned a shower after that.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! RD for me, so I'll lift after work.

Sue, that looks like fun!

Lori, enjoy the weights later.

Karen, enjoy the run and the trip.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Thanks for the thought and congrats everyone!!!

It was a fun weekend.  Overall there were 7 of us.  One woman made a surprise appearance.  Three of us ran, two hundred miles, and me at the 100K.  Three paced, and one was there for fun and to help.  (Not a runner and not used to the grossness.  We popped one of my blisters and it squirted.  TOTALLY grossed her out apparently...  hehe.)  The husband finished with his sub 24, his wife had to drop after some nasty issues.  Felt bad for her.  Here the hubby and I are chatting away after, all excited, and she had to listen to us.  Maybe something else I would have been more low key, but damn, just hard not to celebrate.

We decorated our tent up Friday - #Mooville, complete with an inflatable cow and alien.  (They were, um, "friendly".)  I wore cow from head to toe, including a pink fringed, bedazzled cowboy hat.  I got TONS of compliments.  Was going for best costume, but apparently didn't win.  Sad

The 100mile started at 6am with fire dancers!  I started at 7am, just after sunrise.  We had great weather for the race, well, in comparison to other years, just under average temps at 80 for a high, ~50 low.  Mind you, it got hot as heck out there, but better than my previous year there when we hit 95.  I was able to wear just a fleece and smartwool zip up overnight, not even tights.

The race was three 20 mile loops.  The first had an extra soul sucking, never ending section which we skipped the other loops, THANKFULLY.  It sucked.  Though I was walking with another man who made it much more tolerable.  There were 4 aid stations - Coyote Camp, Jackass Junction (disco central at night), Rattlesnake ranch, and Jeadquarters.  (yes, all H's are replaced with J's.)  Standard race fare for the first 1-2 loops, then pizza, chili, steak bits, chicken chunks, hamburgers, and pancakes for breakfast.  None of which I could eat - I survived on broth/noodles.

After two loops, I was able to pick up a pacer, thankfully, because one of the aid station stretches about did me in the second loop.  Margaret and Lisa talked me through that part.  I had to drop my pacer at the halfway because she could barely walk, she finished, and won by 8 hours, a 150 mile rugged race a week ago.  With 9 miles left, I was more than happy to go on alone, 9 miles, no way I was dropping.  She made my finish possible.  I cut almost 90 minutes off last time.  For walking, I finished in 25 1/2 hours.  Not even last, 6 behind me.  TONS of drops, which is standard for this race, about 50% finish rate.

I have some NASTY as blisters on my feet, heals, and toes/toenails.  Yes, toenails - well, under two of them.  It's not pretty.

After the race, and a good nap, we all went to a concert, Bob Weir from the Grateful Dead.  Mistake, we were all trashed.  I left after an hour, I couldn't keep my eyes open.  What I remember of the show was very good.

So, that is about it.  I will post some photos later once I get them on FB and can copy them here.

5 hours until my flight, but going to get to the airport pretty early to navigate, though I am walking much better, it is still painful and slooooooooow.

TraLaLa for now.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Upper body is sore from the fall, I assume from catching myself wth my hands. DH is out in the garage handing out candy and lpaying with his cars, so I am inside. Plus one of the neighbors is down and I am not a fan of him. IN the ongoing saga of pants, Amazon ones fit except they were far too long (this almost never happens with regular length pants, usually they are too short, these are dragging on the ground with 2 inch heels). So ordered yet another pair from Amazon in a shorter in seam. Gah, this is even worse than going to the mall.

CrazySue, the witches ride looks fun.

BerthaSlayer, we just do candy, no decorations.

Docket, enjoy weights.

KatS, congrats! I saw the picture on IG, I sort of figured thata would be how the alien & cow were situated. Ouch on the the blisters.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

HCK 2.0, I'm so sorry about your fall. It sounds like you hit in many places. Uneven pavement is horrible and the cause of many falls.

:::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns