Womens Running

(Over 40) sizzle weekend (Read 21 times)

ginnyb

Karen....that really stinks, hope they figure it out and you get what you deserve, how disappointing.

Tessa...did get the haircut, I love the salon, so relaxing, my hairdresser is a man and has a very soothing, relaxing way about him, just calming

Cindy....how neat about the kitten, they are so darn cute.  Hope you get the potty issue resolved, kittens are usually pretty easy to train in that respect.  Good for you for running in the pouring rain, I cannot make myself do that if it is pouring before I leave, its okay if I am already out there.

I will be back later, I need to get out there before it gets too late, planning on a longish one today, we shall see....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Hi all, Quick post this am...am up to head out for run.  Aiming for 10 to 14.  Depends on which marathon training plan I am looking at LOL....Did a 32 mile bike yesterday, so will see how it goes.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No puppy pool because I had a hair appointment and dh was at work

off for my run. Much later than I wanted but Quincy was sick last night and all he wants is his 'mommy' when that happens.  So getting up early wasn't happening since he needed me. So instead of being done with my run, I'm just leaving.  Will see what I get done with miles.  Is overcast so that will help.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Ran 11 miles this morning, really felt good.  Very cool outside, feels like September instead of July, not liking it , but it is good for running.

Morning Marjorie and Carol...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Hi!  Nine mile slog this morning.  It poured most of yesterday evening, and it was really steamy this morning.   Ready for a break in the weather.  Great runs Gatsby(so jealous of your cool weather!!), Ginny and Carol!

Karen--awesome job and yes, I would be TICKED!  I hope they get it resolved.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

21.1.   Glad it was overcast or I'd never have made it. 

Ginny lad you got the run done!  

Marjorie

Happy Sunday everyone!  DH and I ran 12 miles on a nice trail in the redwoods with running group #2.  We have our usual RC, which goes out on Saturdays, and then this is a different group connected to the place where I've been doing my classes.   I like having people to run with on the weekends since it helps pass the time for longer runs.  Did I mention that I was elected to the BOD for the RC?  Our first meeting is this Wednesday.

Karen, I hope they straightened out the award snafu.   I would be very PO'd.

Tessa, if anyone deserves dispensation for stress eating, it's you.  Be gentle on yourself.  Then get back on the wagon.  Wink

Ginny, Marjorie and CrazySue, nice miles!

Carol, hope your 10-14 went well.

Damaris, glad to hear your asthma is behaving.

Hi to everyone else.  Enjoy the rest of the day.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

camille2

HI everyone!

Karen, did they get it straightened out?  Do you remember when I got passed in the chute by the woman whose chip time was 20 seconds behind mine  last fall.?  I emailed and they said they'd look at the tape. I never heard anything else, so figured they didn't f/u.  However, a couple months ago I looked up my time and they had fixed it. Maybe they will yours.  Awesome job!

Have you guys seen these cartoons on running?  http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Done bathing Hammy. I'm crazy. Run 21+ miles then bathe a dog. Sure, what a great idea. Laundry is also done. Need to remake the bed with clean sheets.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I meant afternoon!  18 miles done at 5am.  Bah.  Still hot and humid at that time.

Ginny, nice 11.

Carol, hope the 10-14 went well.

Marjorie, nice long run and be careful of running 100 miles and bathing Hammy, silly.

Gatsby, sounds like an ideal place to run.

Camille, love the Oatmeal!

Have a nice rest of the day.  Can we have Sunday tomorrow too?

Damaris

Bikerchick1

Ended up doing 14...had a great run, ran with 2 RB's, 1 ran 7, the other ran 13 with me.  The weather was cool, cloudy and just glorius (IMO) for a LR.

Ginny - Saw you had an 11 miler that felt good - woohoo!

Damarias - 5am...and still hot and humid...oh boy...good job on getting it done!

Marjorie - I don't think I have ever heard you say you were tired :0  Good job on your LR!!!

Karen - Hope they get the award figured out....

Gatsbybird - Nice runs this week-end.

Crazysue - Hate those slogs in the humid weather...

Carol