Womens Running

Warming UP WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Anonymous Guest

14 this morning. It was humid due to the storm out in the Gulf heading this way, but at least it was cloudy so a little less miserable. A lot of chafing on this run - it doesn't seem to matter how much body glide you use, when your clothes are soaked through with sweat and dripping, something's gonna chafe. Not much else going on today, just ordered pizza for early dinner. The run wore me out. It started raining about 20 minutes after I finished, so pretty good timing.

Gatsby, your long run sounded quite pleasant. You made me laugh with the thought of DH thinking I was out for a long run.

Damaris, the giant SUV can feel a little like driving a tank. Hopefully you will get your car back quickly - sounds like you will at least.

HCK, wow on the built i tape player. That is awesome! Get yourself some mix tapes. Yes, I do wear Wave Riders, they are my go to long run and marathon shoe. I didn't think about the difference in weight, but it probably doesn't take much when you're running several miles.

Elina, hope you're able to squeeze the run in between games great job on the run. Love the ice bath bucket idea. When I was big into sailing, the owner of the boat that we raced from San Francisco to southern CA went to the store and was pulling out buckets and sitting on them - testing them out for the bathroom. Mostly for my benefit as I was the only girl onboard and the guys could just pee over the side. He got some funny looks though. Speaking of World Cup, a friend of mine's husband is from Peru, and went to Russia to watch them play. He ended up in a photo gallery on the WC from some news agency:

Liz, bummer on your brother and fam not coming down for the weekend. Glad little E is okay. That's cool that they're thinking about moving to Richmond though! Sounds like you guys ended up having a fun day anyway. Haven't started on Goliath yet. I've got a bunch of library books I'm trying to get through, so haven't mentioned it to DH yet. With a good show I can't really watch and read at the same time, like I can with some of the crap that's on.

Sandy, I think you guys might be worse than us this weekend weather wise. I noticed IL (where my family is) is supposed to hit 100, with heat indexes even higher. I don't think we're even getting to 90 today or tomorrow with this storm. Hope it cools down up there a bit before my visit.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

13 on the TM done (I noticed I had 12 after I was done, ha).

Karen, nice 14.  Love that guy from Peru.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

HCK, nice 4 and 8.

Elina, glad to have "watched" the game with you. Smile

Liz, hope you enjoyed the rest.

Sandy, nice run!

Damaris