Womens Running

weekendailies (Read 11 times)

Slept till 0600!!! Walked the pups, grocery shopped, did laundry, changed the beds. Still need to bake bread and something for church tomorrow.  IDK why, but I just hurt all over.  I don't feel sick, just tired and achy. Sad Maybe ginger lemon tea with honey will help. Being optimistic here....

HI Judy!!!!

Kat, I hope the pup starts to relax soon. Poor guy.

Still have some Christmas sewing to do--I'm trying to power through it.

Glad I passed on the 10K this morning.  I woulda died.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Anonymous Guest

8 miles this morning! My longest run since early November. I was definitely feeling it towards the end.

Judy, good to see you! I forget you're 81, in my mind you are much younger. Then again, thanks to my mom, I know a lot of 80+ women and they are all pretty amazing.

Kathryn, awwwww, super cute face on that pup. I'm sure once he feels safe he'll do just fine. Awesome you have Javi to help him feel comfortable.

Susan, busy day. I won't tell you that both DH and I felt tired and achy the first couple days we were sick. Hopefully for you it's just all the tyou accomplished and not the beginning of what we had.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sue, 6am?  Is that good or bad?  I slept till closer to 9.  Busy and accomplished morning!!

Karen, great on the miles, glad they felt good for the most part, I feel ya!

Judy, happy 81st!

I made it out for 9 earlier.  I had wanted 13, but my legs said otherwise.  I'll gladly take what I got.  Though I only walked.  It was either a short run/walk or a longer walk.  Pleased.

King Tut is mildly better, he is curious about me, licked my finger last night but still super scared.  No touching yet.  His curiosity is giving me a glimmer of hope.

Relaxing the remainder of the day.  Vaccine clinic tomorrow.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles. Overdressed, it was warm out today.

judyruns, Happy Birthday!

CrazySue, hope the aches are nothing serrious.

AnonymousGuest, nice 8.

KatS, my sleeping in was closer to yours, 8:30.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Evening! I ran 3 and did my PT workouts.

Susan, sorry you're feeling crummy.

Karen, nice 8.

Kat, nice 9. I slept in until 10, lol.

HCK, nice 8.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner - Damaris, I think you won the Sleepy Saturday award!

Kathi, I walked out the door in tights and a sweatshirt  Immediately went back in for a skirt and LS tee.  Much better.

Damaris, glad you got your PT stuff in.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Volunteered at a trail race today instead of running. That counts, right?  Went out last night to eat spaghetti and watch Elf. Tonight we watched The Year Without A Santa Claus.  Too tired for more holiday movies tonight.  We decided not to go up to the mountains tomorrow because the weather looks iffy. So I can run tomorrow.  Need to do some Xmas shopping but will leave that till Monday. 

CrazySue, I hope you aren’t coming down with a bug!

HCK, Karen, Kat - nice miles!

Damaris, that’s some serious sleeping!

Hi Judy!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

I am finally starting to feel like a normal runner again (can you use normal and runner in the same sentence?). Pushed the pace a little and then threw in some strides towards the end, and it felt good. Now.....not sure what to do the rest of the day. We decided to do ao California trip in January so maybe plan that a bit. We have friends just north of San Diego, and he has prostate cancer that is getting worse. DH wants to get out there and ride bikes and hang out with him while he still can. Then there's a vendor out there that does some work that DH doesn't want to do himself on the van, so we got an appointment to get that stuff done. Plus my niece lives out there. I found a decent airbnb for the days the van will be in th shop. I think we're going to hit Big Bend (the state park this time) on the way out, and either Mojave or Anza Borrego on the way back.

I think Huckleberry would sleep as late as some of you given the chance, but Riley lets us know that 6:30 is LATE and we need to get up. He usually starts bugging me by 6, sometimes earlier.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just under 3 miles.

AnonymousGuest, our last dog slept in whenever possible. We'd have to wake her up on weekends, she would sleep til 11am or so. During the week, she was a master at going totally limp when we needed to make her go out for work. Since she was at her peak 55lbs, usually it meant lugging the dog down the steps and outside. It was just easier, she had to go through a full range of stretches oncce she finally got up too.

Ugh. I feel like crap. The joint aches were just the beginning.  Took some cold and flu meds and at least feel like moving around.

Wrapped a few presents, now puttering around in my sewing room. Broke my last machine quilting needle so I have to work on something else as the quilt shop doesn't open till TUESDAY. Ugh. I have other needles for basic sewing, just not machine quilting. And I need a better matching purple thread.  I want to work on the grands' duffel bags, but don't understand a later step, so I can ask the quilt shop ladies when I go--I think two of them have  sewn this pattern before.

Just trying to be productive,

And yes, 0600 is late sleep in for us--usually up at 0430 or 0500. Scamp is quire demanding that we either get up and walk him or feed hime bright and early

Kat, good luck with the pup.  I hope your patience will be rewarded. We transported a foster dog one time and she was so upset she would not look at you or let you touch her. She eventually settled in to her foster home.

Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I slept 10 hours. Still exhausted because I worked for the last 4-5 hours on those emergency filings, aka as WHY THE FUCK DID I GET THESE CASES? Just my luck.

Afternoon! Had to work for 4-5 hours this morning and now finishing 5 on the TM.

Marathon training starts next week I think and I'm getting nervous. My leg issues have gone down substantially but not entirely gone. Oh, well, only one way to find out!

Damaris