Womens Running

Tuesday (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

I ran 8. I've been dealing with migraines on and off for about three weeks now. Felt great this morning so thought I'd throw in a little tempo. Running faster than I have in months on one of the first warm days of the year is kinda dumb.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Unexpected rest day for me today as I too am experiencing migraines. I'm putting at least some of the blame on the constant weather changes. It's been like a pendulum. Could also be that I'm not eating properly.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Tuesday, the  “at least it’s not Monday” day.  Usual work stuff today.  Very windy, with a cold weather front moving in and rain later in the week.  Since I haven’t said it yet this week: I hate wind.  Will go out for a few windy miles after work. Excited about a race I just signed up for on March 4th in Monument Valley, organized by the Navajo tribe. Looking forward to seeing some amazing scenery.

Sorry to hear about the migraines, ladies!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I have 6 with 1234321 (all at hard pace, ugh). I have a headache today and not been sleeping well.

Karen, sorry about the migraines.

Lori, sorry about the migraine, ugh.

Margaret, windy here too. Ugh.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, sorry about the migraines, those are tough.  I used to get the frequently, rarely do now.

Lori, sorry for you too, hate them.   My diet is a wreck.

Margaret, jealous about MV.  But I have a semi-local 25K that day.

Damaris, whatever that run is, it sounds hard.  And another sorry you're not feeling well.

I guess I will join in on the not feeling well bandwagon.  Physically fine, other than a queasy stomach at the thought of doing anything today, including my run.  I messaged my coach and he said I can do my run tomorrow.  I think it is finances.  Well, I am totally screwed currently, but had to get some legal stuff done, to the tune of about $2500.  Couldn't put it off any longer.  Just turned my stomach this morning and had a huge depressive episode. Blankie and couch type of day.  Better now, but kinda zapped.

I it GORGEOUS out, says it is 84 now.  Nice breeze.  Sitting outside is helping I must say.  Perhaps PJ's have been put on already.

So, I now have 5 miles on the books for tomorrow.  We are trying to split up time into shorter 4 minute blocks, run 3min:walk 1min, or 2:2.  The 3:1 is a bit much for the entire time, but I can do some.  I think it is a nice way to break down the time, each 4 minutes starts over.

Tomorrow is a new day.  Hope we all have a wonderful wednesday!!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Crazy weather here. Was pretty nice out this morning, especially since it's February. Did 6 miles with 2 x 10 mins marathon effort + 5 min tempo. After work I did 2 miles on the treadmill and strength training. Earlier this afternoon, we had a thunderstorm with some baby hail. It's supposed to be near 80 on Thursday and then a chance of snow on Saturday.

AnonymousGuest & BerhaSlayer, hope you feel better. Migraines are no fun.

GatsbyBird, sounds like an interesting race. Add me to the hates wind crowd. It's been a regular things in our current crazy weather pattern. Each time the temps swing, we get wind.

Docket, that sounds like a fun workout.

KatS, hugs. Glad you are feeling a bit better. I used 3:1 for my marathon and a very hot 10 mile race. Works well, just enough time to run but the walk definitely kept me from overheating (there was a heat warning that day, it was dumb to do a race).