Womens Running

Maybe Monday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

We do know for sure that it's Monday but I'm not so sure of the roads.  40's yesterday with rain, then snow, then rain, and now I see a dusting of snow on everything.  What it underneath?  Maybe road, maybe ice.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ummmm, I vote for ice.

At least it's not November. I have said this often of late to console myself.

Friday was a good solid 35 minutes of cardio dvd. The two pounds are still hanging around, +1 or -1, but I have changed shape in the midsection, an elongation that I have not seen before. Definitely an improvement. I think all this ab work is paying off.

Saturday was a faster 45 minutes of cardio dvd. The foot is feeling better (PF) and I am trying to be consistent with treating it. I want to run more in the Spring, some of it outside.

Sunday was a 35 minute cardio session. I’ve been adding some running intervals as well.

Today will be a cardio session/run.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Lisa - we have mainly snow here with a little ice underneath, not a lot, but I am ready for it to be gone

Judy - Yes, thank goodness it's not November.  I am glad February is a shorter month lol

Quick 1.5 on the TM and some weights.  Will run another 2 this evening.  Managed 3 on Saturday and 4 yesterday outside.  Need to start upping my weekend mileage - just wish the weather would cooperate!

camille2

Lisa, I enjoyed your pics from the weekend.

Laura, I hope your weather cooperates.

Judy, at least the days are a bit longer now.  Spring will come.

Cindy, good luck with the knee. Be careful.

Demaris, Karen and Marjorie, Pilates doesn't sound too appealing from your descriptions.  : )

Hi to everyone else.

I didn't race yesterday, but I did an easy run and wore the Hoka's, a compromise. I'll go to the gym and use their bike today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  RD tonight, due to me giving a law school class as a guest tonight.

Lisa, hope your roads get better.

Judy, nice workouts!

LC Runs, nice run on the mill and weights.

Camille, Pilates is awesome!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I think Maybe I missed Monday and went straight to Technical Tuesday. So far this morning I have completely revised my program's color retention requirements to comply with the new ASTM standard (which the Technical Director was supposed to do but hasn't had time, so I just did it and sent to him to review), and now am making a list of all the changes we made when revising the installation manual. Things like "revise water-resistive barrier language to address wind load" and "update figure to show a notched J-channel". Yes, lots of fun in my world. It still amazes me sometimes that this is what I do now.

Today is a rest day from running, so after work I'm going to Target to pick up a few needed household items and then doing an easy trainer ride on the bike. Good news - the increase in training has gotten me an additional couple pounds of weight loss. I weighed in this morning down 5.5 out of the 10.5 I want to lose. Increased training is a much more fun way to lose weight than the flu.

Lisa, that does not sound like a fun commute.  Be careful out there.

Judy, nice on the improvement from the ab work. That must feel good.

Laura, I'm amazed you run outside as much as you do in your weather.

camille, Pilates is actually pretty awesome and a really good workout. I'm just good at complaining! I'm learning that as soon as something starts to get easier, there are more and more difficult things to do, so you never fall in a rut. The chair I was talking about Saturday is one of those things for me where every exercise she explains has me looking at her like she is insane and there in no physical way I can do that. But then I do, and I feel pretty badass. I am already looking for places in TX.

Damaris, aaahhhhhh, rest day.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hi!  Took this morning off.  Giving my shoulder another day break from swimming.  Will try it in the morning.

Saturday 2.5 miles on the track = 36 mile ride.  34F.  Two dog chases.  Done!  Thank goodness for my training partner--she tazed the dogs.  My hands were too cold to work the tazer.

Sunday we did a 12 mile tempo run.  Talk about hanging on for dear life!

BF took my closet apart and redid it the right way.  The contractor did a crappy job after Katrina so he installed upgraded hardware, caulked and painted.  Looks great!  Other closet next weekend.

Wow!  Ginny!!  10 miles on the treadmill??  You rock!

Marjorie--I saw the Valentine's Day candy pics on fb.  Looks yummy!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rest day for me today.  Pilates later.  Unsure if I will go to TN this week.  We are looking at an acquisition but if they cancel the meeting I will cancel my trip..

Camille Pilates is tough.  It is worth it as it does work you hard but it is tough

Karen you sound like me a few weeks ago when I did the policy review and you have to find every little thing that could be wrong.

DH took all the homemade candy and brownies to work this am.  He did leave the scrap brownie pieces so I'm guessing he will be eating those.  The recipe makes a HUGE pan of brownies (12X17!! pan).  I used a cookie cutter shaped like a heart to cut out the brownies so there were scrap pieces left in the pagn

Marjorie

ginnyb

We have a lot of ice here today.  I wiped out on the driveway in my way to work, not hurt, but ripped my pants so had to change again before going to work, needless to say, I was late.  Winter is really getting on my nerves!

Did my WT this morning.

DH and I got the bathroom painted yesterday and it looks really nice.

Karen.....I would like to see some weight loss.  I have been running so much more than I was in November, December, but no progress in the weight loss.  I guess if I stopped eating so much that might help.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Roads actually weren't bad! did upper body workout this morning.

Karen-LOL on what we do all day.  Sometimes I feel like an email traffic cop.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Sigh. One of my friends decided she wanted to run the 3-person relay for the marathon that is really close to my house this Sunday. So of course I said I'd run one of the legs if she needed people. And I signed up for her team. Then I looked at the weather. High of 19 degrees, 20 mph winds. I am dumb. Last year the race was canceled because of too much snow. So this year is better than last year, I guess.

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Do we have a choice that it may not be Monday....Thursday would.

Judy - I bet that little weight is muscle that you have added !!!!

LCruns - Ugh, on this weather.  I hate that the week-end is looking like below zero for the mornings.....Of course the Ice Man is Sunday Sad   Nice job on your streak...will be interesting how that fares when you start adding mileage.

Camille - Sorry on not racing....but sounds like you are ok with it.

Damarias - Do you enjoy teaching?

Karen - you crack me up LOL....Glad you are keeping off those pounds - not that you need to lose weight!  Too funny on signing up for a relay!

Crazysue - Dogs scare me to death on my bike.....I was bitten once riding, so I panic.  Your IM is in May ?????   Wow!!!!

Marjorie - I bet your DH's co workers love you!!!

Ginny - Yeah on the bathroom painting.  Booo on the fall!  glad you weren't hurt at least....

So I finally am feeling almost recovered.... I ran on Friday, we snowshoed on Saturday, then I did 6 on Sunday with RB's in the am, and in the afternoon DH and some of our friends went out for hour and half snowshoe.  DH really likes the snowshoeing....I would rather cross country ski, but I will be glad to snowshoe if he will go with me.

Now the dilemma is I am registered for Ice man Half marathon on Sunday...temp is below zero to start....I think I need to pass on it, I can do 5 or 10k.

Carol

Arimathea

Tessa

Reporting in, very late. Race volunteering stint went all right -- it did not start raining until later. It was cold out there, nothing like you lot go through but definitely in the 30s. I think some people packed cinder blocks and anvils in their drop bags, or the complete works of Shakespeare to read at an aid station, or something. That was a lot of stuff to heave into the various vehicles!

Sounds like a lot of us are doing our taxes. Karen, sorry, aren't moving expenses tax deductible? Do you do your own taxes or see a professional? The good news is that Texas doesn't have state income tax as far as I know.

Gatsby, thanks for volunteering.

Lisa, fun runs in the snow!

Camille, kayak? I must have missed something.

Ginny, anyone who complains about the painting in the bathroom gets handed a brush and a can and told to do it themselves next time in my book.

Cindy, hope your knee feels better.

Susan, IMTX is in Houston? I will be in Texas that weekend but in Dallas.

Class tonight. Class tomorrow night. Looks like Wednesday's is a go so class Wednesday night. Class Thursday night. Is it Friday yet?

Anonymous Guest

Carol, glad you're feeling better!!

Tessa, sounds like volunteering was a good arm and core workout. That is a lot of classes, should make for a nice addition to the race fund.

Yes, one advantage to moving to TX is no state income taxes. And yes, moving expenses are deductible, unfortunately we didn't have many moving expenses in 2014 (just the home selection trip). But he got a lump sum payment to help us cover those expenses (most of which we will actually incur this year), which is taxable as income. They took out taxes on the lump sum, but it was enough of an income bump when you add in my salary that we are basically getting screwed. Hard to complain too much that you got a big chunk of cash, I guess, but I'm trying. Waiting to see if things work better if we file separately.

And yes (answering for Susan), IMTX is in The Woodlands. About 20 minutes from my house. A friend from Maryland is also doing it and staying with us. I'm looking forward to spectating.