Womens Running

Finally Fridailies!!! (Read 11 times)

Yay!!  And I actually went for a run this morning.  Easy 3.5 miles. Scamp was thrilled to be out.

DH is still sick. Now Dr. Google says bronchitis.  I told him (again) to see the doc. Maybe he'll go.  I'm in the office today.

Skye won't stop licking her swollen toe, so we wrapped it up again. She's becoming a pro at chewing off her sock/bandage.

Picking up the grands after work. Looking forward to hanging out with them.

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! 3 after work, and maybe weights.

Susan, keep harping at him. After one of my former coworkers in Miami died this week from pneumonia, it's more imperative that people check at the doctor to make sure it's not something that can turn into death.

Damaris

TGIF!  Long day of peopling yesterday at a town hall meeting with the new SSA commissioner.  Since I haven't seen work colleagues in person for a while, I didn't mind the long drive over or interacting with people IRL.  I think it's good to practice those skills every once in a while.    The new commissioner seems to have good political skills and knows the right things to say.  Whether he'll be able to make any real difference at my behemoth dinosaur government agency is a different matter.

SRD yesterday, easy shake-out run this morning, then 50k tomorrow.

CrazySue, I agree your DH should talk to a doctor.  Bronchitis can linger for weeks.  Ask me how I know.  

Damaris, enjoy the 3.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Definitely getting better. The aches and pains are gone, and I have a bit more energy. Mostly just sinuses and coughing now. DH tested for covid yesterday after talking to a friend in CO that had it. Negative. I googled flu symptoms 2024 by day and our symptoms have tracked exactly with that, so pretty sure that's what we have. I guess it really doesn't matter what we officially have as the treatment seems to be the same for all of them - rest, fluids, OTC medicine, go to urgent care if it gets worse. He's starting to feel a little better too - he's out of bed! Anyway, nothing planned today, just being lazy and continuing recovery. If I stay on track, I may be able to start back with some sort of exercise next week.

Susan, my DH has been coughing on and off since we both got sick in November. I told him several times to go tot he doctor, but he wouldn't. He'd say things like I just don't understand why this won't go away. He has his annual physical next week, so if he's still coughing then (and I'm sure he will be), maybe he can finally get some answers. Hope your DH is less stubborn.

Damaris, is the weather good enough you can run the 3 outside?

Margaret, your new commissioner was governor when I was in Maryland. I don't remember much about him (other than his name), so he must not have been awful. Enjoy the race this weekend!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Men are stubborn regarding doctors. Unless it's Doctor Google. My hubby has an unhealthy relationship with that one!

Was up most of the night listening to the torrential downpour and hoping we don't flood. We didn't. But then I had to get up early and take car in for routine maintenance which wasn't cheap. I should have been a mechanic. Later we need to go to a friend's sons funeral. So sad for her. He was only 39, my eldest daughters age. I think it might have been addiction related. Anyway, rest day today . I'm even skipping work for the weekend. I despise afternoons shift. 3 years and 2 weeks left

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, it will be dark by the time I get home and since Covid I've been meh about running in the dark so I'll run on the TM. Glad you are feeling better and that is not Covid.

Lori, Sorry about your friend's son.

Damaris