Womens Running

Fridaily Fundaily (Read 11 times)

Welcome to Friday!  I'm feeling chipper since I'm off of work today.  Heading to Target to pick up new glasses when the optical department opens at 10 am.  Packing up the van for the Western States aid station.  Should be a good weekend at WS.  Unseasonably cool temps at Cool, CA, with a high of 81 this weekend.  Which is probably the weekend low temp for the Texas ladies. 

Any weekend plans?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Was just about to start the daily, refreshed, and boom! Margaret started it. Another easy 3 for me this morning. I was going to rest today, but the sun isn't out. I mean, sure, it was 78 degrees and humid, but there was no sun. So out I went. Feeling a little better today than yesterday.

Susan, enjoy vacay. Where you headed, what you doing?

Margaret, have fun at WS. Should be less stressful not being in charge. Hope the time off has helped your knee!

Not much going on here. I am wrangling cousins for our reunion next month since no one else stepped up. We should have a good turnout, 10 cousins plus most spouses are coming and half have paid me the first day I posted in our fb group (double checking who all is coming and then giving them their costs for the VRBO). One is sending a check, sigh. Now people are asking what we're doing for food, etc. I got the place, I'm not planning the whole damn thing.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hey there and howdy hoo.

I've been MIA this past week, no reason.

Margaret, have a great time at WS!!!  One year I'll make it just because.  You're close, our overnight lows here in SA are 77/78.  Brrr.  

Hi to all.  I've read all, too much to respond to.

Just finished my miles from yesterday - 9.  I melted at 4 yesterday so I switched,  Yesterday I had to take the dog to the vet for dental work, nails, picked him up at 5pm, and drinks with my running group.  That left running in the heat of the day.  Not a well planned day.  Poor pup, lost 10 teeth, including his front canine,  Apparently it was wiggly it was so bad,  Wasn't surprised.

Drinks tonight with the ladies.  Work tomorrow, then a loooong run on Sunday.

Happy Friday and weekend to all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Cross posted with Karen, this weather, even in the dark, is overwhelming.  Good on the 3.  Good luck with the planning.  I hope someone else steps up for the food.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Pilates after work. I have a race on Sunday, the low is 67F, high is almost 90F and now it predicts rain/thunder. Still debating whether it will be worth going at all! And I have to wake up at 5am!

Margaret, enjoy the day off.

Karen, nice run.

Kat, enjoy the drinks tonight.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Some good news. DH had the last of his heart tests yesterday (ECH Transthoracic Complete is what is written on the calendar, no idea what that is), and got results today that everything is normal. All of them came back normal, so yay!

Kathryn, I am impressed you are out there training in this heat.

Damaris, enjoy pilates tonight. I would be all over a race with an overnight low of 67, but a couple months ago that would have sounded pretty warm.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day, in Atlantic City until tomorrow.  Rained yesterday and some more today.