Womens Running

Trying to Wake Up Tuesday Supermoms (Read 15 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - I'd probably do a chili, roast, or spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker.  Have you tried that potroast recipe of mine?

not yet, but it sounds amazing. I'm not sure I would feed that to a big group though in case someone hates horseradish. For example, last night I was the only one eating wasabi with the sushi. Though they all got the crazy rolls with all sorts of sauces and stuff on them, so mine was probably the only one where it would taste good on there.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

not yet, but it sounds amazing. I'm not sure I would feed that to a big group though in case someone hates horseradish. For example, last night I was the only one eating wasabi with the sushi. Though they all got the crazy rolls with all sorts of sauces and stuff on them, so mine was probably the only one where it would taste good on there.

Funny - I don't really like horseradish, but it's so mild in that recipe that I love it...  I do like wasabi on sushi though, but it took me a few tries to get used to it.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

zorbs - I DO like cinnamon hearts.  But, I bought them as a gift, so I can't open the bag, eat some, and send them off! Smile

spike - We did do rice with J.  We are doing it with H in a bottle right now to try to fill his tummy...not really working though.  I figure we will try it spoon fed because he has to learn at some point.  We never did oats...H hasn't had a problem pooping!  I would second CAR's suggestions or maybe do sloppy joes (bbq's) or something like that.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Kantkatchme

thanks for the well wishes ladies!

Ill try try to catch up on personals tomorrow.  A finally fell asleep and then the dog barked at someone dropping off flyers at out dooR, so she is up.

I hope oped everyone has a good day!

moxieluvah

spike - i have never had sushi and wouldn't even know what to order. 4k here is 2 full days a week and then kindergarten the next year is 5 full days, I am excited to not pay for daycare! sloppy joes, or what about a taco bar with the meat in the slow cooker and all the fixins?

mer - we only have good fri and monday off this year. would you be interested in finding a chi half this summer and hitting up ikea then, or just a shopping thing with no race?

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - i have never had sushi and wouldn't even know what to order. 4k here is 2 full days a week and then kindergarten the next year is 5 full days, I am excited to not pay for daycare! sloppy joes, or what about a taco bar with the meat in the slow cooker and all the fixins?

I had to give everyone a tutorial in the differences in the different items. Everyone ordered Maki (rolls) and no sushi (fish on top of a rice ball) or sashimi (just thin fish slices).

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR2: ended up with 7.5 miles this morning. Felt great today!

zorbs- most of my routes are over rolling hills- I love it! I actually race better on hilly courses than totally flat ones. lol on the dessert- I'm sure R would have eaten B's share! did you make the slaw really spicy last week?

Mer- have a great run today! it was 14* this morning when I ran, and my hands were HOT with 2 pairs of gloves on. Weird how we get accustomed to the super-cold temps, and then 20's feels like a heat wave. Wow, 4 months already?! We also skipped rice cereal, and just did oatmeal when we introduced grains. I actually started with veggies first, and added in grains later. R's first "meal" was 2 yrs ago on SuperBowl Sunday- he had acorn squash while watching the game. Hope you can make headway on those projects.

Ernie- hope the recovery run goes well. ewwww on the soggy enchilada- that's so nasty. I would have been right there with you, barfing. Wow- that sounds like an awesome CSA. I checked into a couple here, and the boxes are HUGE. We'd need to split one with another family.

CA- hope the hill repeats go well tonight. aww, so fun that M gets to spend so much time with gma. O is really growing fast! did you use Kelly's breakfast burrito recipe? hooray on selling the DR set.

Kant- I've never done a NTC workout, but I'm interested. Oh no on your poor DH! Glad they found what was bothering him and he didn't have to have surgery. Wow, those are LATE visiting hrs.

moxie- have a good run today! good luck with the house searching. that would be really convenient to have the KR at the same school you teach at- less time for drop-offs/pick-ups.

spike- are you taking R grocery shopping? ugh on the bad restaurant behavior. we rarely eat out now that we have R. the last time we did, he was being good, but the service was SO SLOW- and it was a family-style restaurant. ugh. Yay for DH having a long break off. I'd do a chili bar- vegetarian chili, and all sorts of toppings on the side- meat, cheese, avocado, sr cream, corn, etc. Yeah, I have to limit myself to only going to Target like once a month- I'd be spending ALL my $$$ there.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - I sorta use Kelly's but modify it, I added peppers and onions to the grilled mixture, plus put siracha in the burritos before rolling them.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- I'm hoping won't do his normal trick of going to the gym right when I get home from work even though he's been off all day so that R can stay home with him while I shop. I might up the ante and have DH pick him up from daycare too.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - went to costco this morning and they only had the jacket left in L and XL. Sigh.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

rg - Oh boy, sounds you guys are getting the brunt of the storm there. Glad you were able to enjoy the clear roads today! We are supposed to get some snow tonight/ tomorrow as well, but I think only about four inches.

zorbs - Yum, I love cinnamon hearts, too. I will stock up on Feb 15th, ha ha. There are lots of wagons and sleds to be found at garage sales. We have the exact one they had at the CNE and we got it from a garage sale for $20. My parents have always bought Miracle Whip and margarine and I guess I was used to them as a child but now I think both are SO NASTY. Real mayo and butter only for me!

mer - 20* will probably feel so warm. It was about 10F  and sunny when I ran this morning and I definitely did not need the scarf and second pair of gloves I set out in. So cute about "I'm so excited!" YUCK on the milk, bread and sugar!!! When I was a kid, my mother once fed me this horrible lunch of mushroom soup and peas poured over a piece of toast. To this day, I cannot stand soggy bread, mushroom soup or peas.

CA - 8x hills + ST will be a serious workout! Brr on the -22C. I keep thinking that maybe we are done with the super cold weather like that, but then I remember that it's only the beginning of February.

Kant - The enchiladas I made yesterday turned out pretty good. They were not soggy, so that was the important thing. But I am still searching for a way to make restaurant quality enchiladas at home. I agree with what you said yesterday that they are always a bit disappointing. Anyway, this is the recipe I used if you want to give it a try: http://www.canadianliving.com/food/make_ahead_beef_enchiladas.php

Oh no, your poor DH! That sounds terribly painful. I hope he gets better soon!

moxie - Yay, glad you enjoyed breaking bad more than dexter! What are you watching now? I am watching nip/tuck. Ha, I am terrible for forgetting to turn on the crock pot. Sometimes I forget even when I am home all day, which is just embarrassing.

spike - I hear you on feeling annoyed when your kid is the only one of several that age that is not sitting still. We get that a lot. Glad you enjoyed your sushi, though. For dinner for 10: chili, slow cooker rice and beans, tacos, pulled pork or fajitas? Rapini and italian sausage go really well together, so I often do a pasta bake with penne, italian sausage, tomato sauce, cheese and rapini. You could pretty much use it in anything you would use kale or spinach in, it just has a stronger taste. The main thing is to blanch it first to pull some of the bitterness out.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - went to costco this morning and they only had the jacket left in L and XL. Sigh.

Bleh! Jennifer found them on www.costco.com too.