Womens Running

Wonderful week-end (over 40) (Read 17 times)

Bikerchick1

Tessa - Ugh, on the faceplant....glad you didn't break anything!

Cindy - Have a great time at Disney!

Have a great day everyone!

Up and out soon for spin class.  Muscles aren't too sore from class yesterday.

ginnyb

Well we are under a winter weather watch again........I could cry and I might!  I am really starting to believe it is never going to end.  I hadn't run or did anything else in over a week, but I did run, and I use that term loosely, 4 miles this morning.  It was ugly.  Thought it might be my last chance for a few days again.  Predicting 3-7 inches heavy snow and wind.  I am really in a funk.  I posted earlier and forgot to add over 40...

Lisa....I wish we lived closer, I do believe you would snap me out of this!  I need someone to make me accountable for my non-actions!!!

Sue....Awwwww....on the flowers!  How nice for you.

Tessa...glad nothing serious with your knee.  Now just do what they told you and take it easy for a week, that's the hard part!

My granddaughter just found out that she is ranks in the top 10 of her graduating class.  A grandma just has to brag!  Proud of her.

Cindy....enjoy your vacaation!  Please send us some warm, sunny weather here in the frozen north!

Fresh perch dinner tonight.  A friend of my DH brought him some to his workplace yesterday.  So frying me up some fish tonight!  Lack of exercise and fried fish...just what I need!  Not!

Everyone have a great weekend!

By the way, I really am thankful for everything in my life, just let the weather get me down too much!  Not really a gloomy gus.

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

User Groups > Womens Running > Forum > Woefully wrong weekend!

Feedback|Help

© 2014 RunningAHEAD, LLC. All rights reserved. | Terms of Service | Privacy

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning, ladies!  Did my 8 last night and although my strides were less than stellar, they felt easy and being my first speedwork session since probably January, I think they went OK.  6 recovery miles tonight.

Biker, enjoy the spin class.

Ginny, sorry you're going through Winter still.  Hope it warms up for you soon.  If not, fly down here and I'll entertain you.  Congrats to your GD!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Tessa, glad you're still in one piece!

Cindy, enjoy Disney! I'm headed to Orlando myself this morning, but I'll be stuck in meetings the next three days.

Carol, enjoy spin.

Ginny, I'm sorry your weather sucks. But awesome news on your granddaughter! Has she decided what she wants to do after high school?

Damaris, yay speed work!

I'm just hanging at the airport waiting for my delayed flight. Hoping to get there in time to get my last 20 miler in before dinner at 7.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy Saturday to everyone.  Getting ready to head out for my usual Saturday RC run.  We're supposed to have rain this weekend but no sign of it yet.

Carol, have fun spinning.

GinnyB, sorry you're still feeling some winter blues.  Wish we could trade weather for a few days.

Damaris, great job on getting the speedwork done.  Will you be doing the SF marathon this year?

Karen, good luck getting out of that airport.

Tessa, glad no real damage done yesterday.  Questions for you about Shadow: where do you usually stay?  Does it sell out?  What's the weather like?

Hi to everyone else!  Back later.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. The balls of my feet were sore and it was raining.

Tessa sorry on the fall

Ginny no snow no snow no snow!  Yay for granddaughter

karen sorry on the delayed flight

Marjorie

ginnyb

Thanks all for congrats for GD!  She is going for Pharmacy, University of Cinncinatti.  I think I spelled that wrong, one of those words that always trips me up!

No snow yet, but getting colder.

Karen...enjoy Florida and send us some warm, sunny weather with Cindy!

Ginny

Bikerchick1

Ginny - Sorry on the bad weather...you have really had it rough down there this winter!  Congratulations on your GD's achievement!!!  That is wonderful!

Karen - Thinking you might be in sunny Florida by now.

Damarias - Nice job on the 8 miles!

Gatsbybird - Hope you enjoyed your run with RC.

Marjorie - Enjoy your rest day!

Had a great time at spin class....I really do enjoy it.  Certainly is a great work out.  My abs are a little sore from the weight training class yesterday...ouch.  But that is what I wanted...

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I started painting the two story room. All around the two upper windows is done and most the cut in around the ceiling. Way too many trips up and frown the big ladder. I'd do more but the color is so similar to what is on the wall I need day light to make sure it is on right.

Spent a good hour getting the paint off around the frames of the upper windows before I went and got the paint. So I didn't start until later in the afternoon.  At least now is more rolling. That is easier. Until I get yo the stairs. Then more detail cut ins. Don't know if I will get it all done tomorrow since there is so much. We shall see.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Saturday to everyone.  Getting ready to head out for my usual Saturday RC run.  We're supposed to have rain this weekend but no sign of it yet.

Carol, have fun spinning.

GinnyB, sorry you're still feeling some winter blues.  Wish we could trade weather for a few days.

Damaris, great job on getting the speedwork done.  Will you be doing the SF marathon this year?

Karen, good luck getting out of that airport.

Tessa, glad no real damage done yesterday.  Questions for you about Shadow: where do you usually stay?  Does it sell out?  What's the weather like?

Hi to everyone else!  Back later.

Yes!  My first marathon since surgery.  Are you coming too?  We must meet this time!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ended up running with hubby, total of 10 miles.

Damaris

ginnyb

Well the snow missed us!!!  Yay!  REally cold, but at least no snow

Last night my right foot was bothering me, still hurts this morning  Seems like I keep getting new aches and pains a lot this year, yuck

Hope everyone has a good Sunday

Ginny

Yes!  My first marathon since surgery.  Are you coming too?  We must meet this time!

Damaris, yes! We'll be doing the 1st half HM.  Let's meet up!  Closer to the date, let's coordinate plans.

Marjorie, you should get cross-training credit for going up and down the ladder so many times.  Hope you continue to make good progress today.

Carol, if abs are sore, I would take that as good sign that they were working hard.

GinnyB, glad to hear the snow missed you but sorry about the sore foot.  You deserve a big dose of Spring -- good for whatever ails you.

We had a nice rainstorm yesterday so I got a little wet on my 12 mile run.  I didn't mind, mostly I'm just glad to get some rain!  Clear and sunny today so I'll get in a few miles later.  Need to get some yardwork done but it's still so wet out there.  Maybe this afternoon.  Have a nice Sunday everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.4. Very windy out there today. Need to do more painting. Hope to get most if it done today.

Garsby totally cross training up and down the ladder so many times.

Nice run Damaris.

Waves to everyone.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Landed yesterday right as the Orlando airport shut down for thunderstorms and a tornado warning. We had to sit on the plane for awhile until the worst passed, finally got off the plane about 2 hours late. Everything going out of Orlando was delayed at least 2 hours and all of my coworkers later flights coming in were also delayed multiple times. But we all made it in. I ran 10 on the hotel TM yesterday, then today it was sunny and mid 50s and beautiful this morning. I ran 12 outside - all I had time for before having to meet up and set up for the meeting. Quick lunch and now time to head back down and open registration and start meetings. Will be running around until 10-11 tonight. I will be glad to get on a plane home Tuesday afternoon - these meetings are just exhausting.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel