Womens Running

MONDAY MONDAY LET'S MAKE IT A FUN DAY, DIVAS! (Read 17 times)

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Ran 7 that were faster than they felt, which is good. My quads have been feeling like cinder blocks lately. Nothing except for some body weight exercises until Saturday. I hate it when work messes up my routine. OH so the trail race I did way back earlier this year? They set up the website for the next one, and they're doing the route in reverse. Hmm. Now I'm not sure... there's the 10.8 mile, which I did last year, and the 20.3. HMMM

NRR: Heading out on a work trip until Friday. I have a few more hours before my flight leaves to take care of stuff. I also sliced the HECK out of my thumb, trying to slice a stupid bagel that has freezer burn anyway. Now I have the motivation to go buy more band-aids.  OH and keep your fingers crossed for me, please, about this house that I filled out a rental application for. I really want it!!

Sassy - Nice work on the mileage! I got in 36! I hope the car isn't too bad. It's annoying how expensive car repairs can be.

PO - Welcome back to the land of Eminems!!

MA - I, too, went out and stayed out too late this weekend. It always seems like a good idea at the time.

Leela - I hope the motivation keeps up!

Lizo - Nice work on your half! That humidity sounds so gross!

Lucy - I was thinking about you and your upcoming wedding on my run this morning. How will you be able to sit still and focus at work?

Mel - Ugh, I hope you feel better! That migraine sounds horrible.

Jewel - I have no marathon experience, but running the 13 at MP at the half sounds like a good idea to me. You'll be kind of tired, well, not tired but will have used your legs, with the 7 before, so it will be like later in the marathon. Plus the half will break the monotony.

Monk - Congrats on the 6!

NC - Sorry about the fight with DH. My legs have been blah lately, too.

NorCal

Jewel- I think a half as part of your 20 miler is fine, but wouldn't do it the week before your full! But if you're a couple weeks out, I think it should be good. I think doing the extra mileage first is a good idea, and then trying for MP in the half. I also ate/drank badly yesterday and have a tummy ache and feel gross today, so I'm back on track today!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

Meli- Oh dear, I'm so sorry about the terrible migraine! Ugh! Hope you're feeling better now!

OWR- When is this trail race? Hope your work trip goes well!

PRs: 

MA runner girl

Jewel - I think your dad is really gutsy for trying 13 miles @ MP the week before a marathon! Yeesh. I think doing it before your taper is fine though! And a good test of whether it's doable or not.

Outwest - RIght? I ALWAYS regret the late night. Sigh.

Thank goodness for my MIL! I'm getting 4.5 of my 20 work hours for the week done right now!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

I'm feeling really annoyed about work...I knew I couldn't take the week off, because there's an election tomorrow, which I'll write something about on Wednesday. But, I was kind of hoping it would be understandable to do the bare minimum. I got to work today and my boss is like, "Settle in, because I have a bunch of stuff to throw at you." Ugh. I get it, but man, I have soooo much to do before I leave for Vermont Thursday, and I have no idea when I'll be able to do it if I'm working long hours through Wednesday. Sad

SassySparky

Po - nice weekend workouts!

MA - Oh god the foot sounds terrifying! I hope it heals soon.

Leela - I think you can qualify!

Lizo - great time on your half!!!

Lucy - where has the time gone, 5 more days!! we are going to a friend's wedding this Saturday ! Sorry you have so much work to do!

Meli - great job on your training, 100 miles on the bike sounds crazy!

Jewel - yes, this is a MUCH NEEDED cutback week. I'm exhausted! I will defer to other's regarding your racing question! I've done a few runs with miles at race pace in the middle so maybe a nice 3-4 mile warm up and cool down before and after the half?

NC - We definitely have weekends like that, but glad you could turn it around yesterday! I have been donig my long runs after 2 days of running and it's tough.

OWR - the worst part of car repairs is the labor, too. Hmmm you should do the race!!!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

NC/Sassy - This race isn't until January. Blush It's the one where it was -2 at the start, the one I'm "secretly" training for. I think I'd feel comfortable with the 20.3 IF I am able to get some high quality steep and long runs in before then. I'm not even sure how many LRs and of what distance I should do for something like that. The 10.8 would be easy to train for.. but 20.3? Where would I start? Throw in that the rest of September is "run when I can", and AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH    Nothing like freaking out 4 months in advance.

MA - Seriously. I always eat like crap the next day, too. Whatever. Not the end of the world.

outwestrunner

January 18th, to be exact. HMMM  <commence planning and scribbling>

NorCal

OWR- Oh come on, so the 20!!! You know you want to!!! Smile You've got PLENTY of time to train!!

PRs: 

outwestrunner

At least I'd get into awesome shape in the process.

SassySparky

OWR - you could follow a marathon training plan and maybe max out at an 18 mile LR, with lots of hill work!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Sassy - I like the sound of that idea. I have a while to poke around, but I think so long as I have a plan in place by the beginning of October, I should be good.

NorCal

OWR- That would give you plenty of time, 3 months of training and a couple weeks of tapering sounds just about perfect. And yes, modify a marathon training plans and do hills, hills, hills! Smile

PRs: