Womens Running

HOORAH FOR FRIDAY DIVAS! (Read 15 times)

SassySparky

Well I just sent a message out to the Moms Group of which I'm a member about finding a running partner. Maybe that will pan out!

Lizo - my current capris are from Target, C9 brand. They are ok but too tight in the waist.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

TXAginMS

gsd- I hope the procedure on your scar helps

Sassy- I've always worn Nike capris. They are the only ones that I've found are comfortable with a bubble butt. I tend to find them at the Nike Clearance store for like 20 bucks

owr- good luck with the date!!

MA- Hope you can catch up on your sleep this weekend. Sounds like your running is going well.

monk- Hope you catch up on sleep too. Lots of sleep deprived DIVAS around here.

lizo- I'm jealous of your day of no plans!!!

TXAginMS

RR: I ran with the girl I've never ran with before last night. Some people in my running group last year had said terrible things about her and talked about how "crazy" she was. I'm sorry that I ever listened to them. She was so nice and we hit it off really great. She also appears to be just as dedicated and crazy about this running thing as I am. I really enjoyed her company. Lesson learned about listening to others when it comes to new people. These people who said bad things about her are the same people who were discouraging about the beer runs and whom I later found out had been saying things about me behind my back (not cool). We did 4 miles. Today is a rest day and tomorrow I'm running a local 10k. i'm hoping for a PR but I'm not going to push myself and go all out as my new running coach doesnt want me to.

NRR: Its storming here today but this is supposed to be brining us much cooler weather. We're supposed to go to the lake tomorrow afternoon but I don't know how enjoyable that will be if its only 80*  outside. I'll probably go anyways. I jsut found out that my best friend is coming to visit next weekend. I'm soooo excited!! I havent seen her in over a year.

melrunner

Sassy I buy the roadrunner brand. They have an outer pocket that's small enough for my key and a gel. I wear compression shorts though so the capris would be the same just longer. for my marathons (even in 40 degree weather) I would wear the same thing or a skirt with built in compression shorts.

OWR I've tried vagisil, desitin, and now the water compresses. It actually popped this morning so it better heal by tomorrow. I'm another health conscious junkie.

Texas, glad you enjoyed your running partner!

Monk yeah they are asses. Hope you can catch up on sleep!

MA yay for cookie business! So do you eat cookies while you're baking them???

Lizo enjoy your day!!!!

NorCal

Hi ladies! happy Friday!

RR. Rest day! Well I was supposed to do 3 easy miles, but am moving that run to tomorrow. Went for a nice 90 minute hike with DH and L and I might do some yoga later. My legs are shot from this week of fast running/weights.

NRR. Had such a nice morning with DH and L, we went on a beautiful hike and are also relaxing, drinking coffee, etc. DH is off today, so it's nice to have time together. I have a client later and I'm meeting again with the owner of the office I've decided on. I will start renting it in October! So excited. It's all empty now, so I will be decorating it and making it my own. It's in this lovely wellness center with two acupuncturists and two massage therapists.

Sassy- I love my Nike capris, I have several pair. I need to get some more though because I'd had mine for years and they are all stretched out a bit.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

I heard back from a potential running partner through my mom's group! I'm hoping to set up a standing run date every week, so I think we're going to get together next Tuesday!

NC - I like my Nike tights, so I will check those out! Do you like compression or just regular capris? I can't decide if I need the compression.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

Sassy, thats fantastic you have a running date! My carpris aren't compression.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34