Womens Running

Rescue Dog MONDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Awe, its National Rescuse Dog day!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me! Heading to abs tonight. Hopefully.

Run was good considering it was 72 degrees. WHY. WHY WHY!!! Did a few little sprints here and there, nothing fancy. Felt good. I think I am going to throw in some speed work tomorrow just to change things up a bit. Luckily, its going to cool down tonight. When I am in WV this week, it will be in the 50's.

Had a great low key day yesterday! After cleaning, gym, and lunch..we binged watched Handmaids Tale. Show is addicting. AND CRAZY! Started packing for my trip this week. This SHOULD be my last overnight trip for a while. I am renting a car for this travel...going to pick it up later this afternoon. Nothing much else to report here!

Docket – Nice miles yesterday! I have the SAME problem with pace when I am not actively training. Its hard to tell yourself its OK to not be fast all the time. I get it. VERY interesting on the Vitamin D! You know where I want to go with that, don’t you? I mean…..Wink that’s what she said!! No, seriously, I hope it helps! It would be great if that was the root cause of the issues you have been having lately.

Lori – I hope you are feeling better today! Even though I heard GOT finale sucked.

Karen – Sorry that the race didn’t go as planned this weekend. Your times are still super impressive. I was impressed anyway. Glad that the visit home went so well! You are going back with DH later this year, right? Safe travels home! Game night, huh? I bet you loved that.

Lisa – Aw, glad DD and the new boyfriend seems nice 😊 I have never had Lebanese food!

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles yesterday. 6.9?! No 7?! 😉

Cathy - Put together my training plan yesterday. Thanks for sending that over! I increased the mileage on some weeks. I wanted to have 2 60+ weeks and a few more 50+ weeks Smile It looks very interesting. A lot of speed work towards the end! I am going to take taper VERY lightly since I will be on my honeymoon. I don't see myself running 16 miles on my honeymoon Smile Nice run for you yesterday!

Sandy - Hope you had a great weekend with the fam!

Happy Monday!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 tonight.

Liz, my problem was the opposite.  I was forcing myself to be too slow because the HR was high but I could go 1mm faster and I had the training mentality of not pushing it.  But I'm not training so I shouldn't care. After I decided to run faster to what I felt was fine (and not what the HR told me), the run went better.  Nice run!

Damaris

Enjoyed a relaxing Sunday. Kids took me to brunch for late Mother's Day (they were all out of town last weekend) and that was very nice. Rainy afternoon so no swim, but I treated myself to some sewing in the afternoon.

No gym this morning (no surprise, right?) Skye was participating in the neighborhood bark-a-thon around midnight.

DH is stuck at the dock in Tampa.  The chief engineer wrecked his motorcycle and broke his shoulder, so they are waiting on a replacement before they sail tomorrow or whenever.....Too bad they weren't in port HERE. It is much harder on him than on me--I have plenty to do to keep me occupied.

Drove DH's truck to work to see about new tires.  They are bald. He does not take care of the poor truck. I want to go to Texas next month to visit and pick up my grandmother's wicker patio furniture.  He suggested renting a van, but I might as well use that $$$ to get tires for the truck. It is 12+ years old, but only has about 63K on it.

And yes, Skye is a rescue dog!

Have a fun day!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

My Gus is a rescue dog.

Holiday here today so day off from work. Yay. I did a YouTube video of kettle bell and yoga. I sucked at both. I hope to get bendy soon. Lol. Hubby and I may go get some flowers for the garden later. We shall see.

Liz... I didn't mind the ending of GoT. Most of it made sense to me. There was some wtf moments but I enjoyed it.

Damaris....I meant to tell you that I hope the vitamin D works. Most of us need that as a supplement.

Sue... I'm happy that you had a good  mother's day albeit belated.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to say, all my kitties are rescue, two of them right from the streets.

I think GOT ended the only way it could've.  I liked it.

Susan, glad you had a relaxing Monday.

Lori, enjoy the holiday.

Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

The two dogs that we walk are rescue dogs.  Next week is the 2 year anniversary of the day we started walking them.  DD wants to get them Frosty Paws and celebrate.    Decent weather for running this weekend, managed to avoid most of the rain.  5 miles on Saturday and 10 yesterday, my first double digit run since GC.  The Green Bay Marathon in WI was cancelled this weekend due to flooding on the course.  I knew a few people training for that.  Chaperoned what may be younger DD's last Girl Scout event; at a waterpark, ice cream place, and escape room.  DD wants to continue scouts but most of the girls in her troop are quitting, so it's likely her troop is disbanding. Lots of fun memories over the past 5 years!

Liz, nice run!  Weather is still chilly here, though we're supposed to be close to 80 on Thursday.  I wore mittens on Saturday!  I read the Handmaid's Tale book but I really don't remember it.    I was also looking at a Daniel's training plan, that involves some calculations so it's more work to put together.    Those Pfitz goal pace runs and races scare me.    It probably doesn't make that much of a difference!  Maybe you can have HCF bike alongside you on those long runs during your honeymoon.    With your mileage, you can almost do a Pfitz 18/70 plan.  I should put that together for you.    DD and I ended up going to a little place called Rochester Deli for dinner.  She likes their chicken and dumpling soup and jello.    They have a really good baked fish on Fridays!

Damaris, enjoy the 5.  However you run it.    We had a rescue cat from the streets.  That was one tough kitty!  

Sue, sounds like you had a nice weekend!  Congrats on the AG place.  Hope DH gets un-stuck soon.    Skye ate the door frame?  Wow.  I still get freaked out watching my friend's dog eat sticks.  Not sure what you can do about someone using your phone number.  This is your home phone number or cell phone?

Lori, haha, I hope you get bendy soon also.    We also have a dandelion farm.

Karen, that does not sound like a fun race.    That was a great finishing time, despite the conditions and going out too fast!  I am glad you were able to spend time with your family.

Kat, the Yeti wine glass sounds awesome!  Very nice LW!

Lisa, interesting photo.    Haha, I would like to get step challenge credit for anything I do that requires movement.  

Laura, 3.5 hours is a long way to drive for college.  Especially if a kid gets homesick.  One of our friend's daughters did that, went to school in Iowa (a little over 3.5 hours away) and ended up dropping out because it was too far from home!

Diana!  Nice to hear from you!  Nice that DH will be retiring!  Happy late birthday!  That male runner just left you?  Wow.  Sounds like you have a busy running schedule.  I hope the knee holds up.  

Carol, nice job on the 20!

Diane, glad you are feeling better.

Cathy

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Sunday Buddy and I ran 45 minutes yesterday out the trail. Next week we are starting earlier.

TM run for 35 minutes this morning while watching TV. I'm cutting back mileage a little this week for the sake of the bunion, but I also ordered some great thong/arch support sandals that will also help the poor thing. One thing about the bunion...I got it honest. Mom had them. 

Happy Exercise, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, glad your day yesterday was a good one.  Nice your overnight trips are done for a bit.  You had quite a few.

Damaris, glad the run was better!!!

Sue, 63K on a 12 yr old truck!  Wow.  New tires over a van sound like a good investment.  Sorry DH is stuck.  Sad

Lori, I would suck at those things too!!!  You should get the plants while it is still rainy!!  Get them transplanted into nice wet soil.  I have container plants for the last month or so.  Harvesting a few cherry tomatoes every day!!

Cathy, are Frosty Paws like Pupachinos?  Always a bummer when races are cancelled.  Sucks and the financial aspect is hard.

Super duper tired.  I am supposed to leave work at 10pm and didn't leave until 12:30am.  Then stayed up till 2:30 and woke up at 8:30...  Nap maybe before I go back.  Yesterday was a tough one.  I was swamped, and had a bunch of sick pets.  Was upset/shocked, one of my sick hospitalized pets died on me.  Not sure I have really had that happen before.  Owner gave permission to euthanize, but it died before I could help it out...  My staff was good and reassuring, they have seen it more than I have being they have worked critical care far more than I have.  It just was an overall tough day.

No run today, or even a walk.  Still a bit sore, but not bad.  So much to do before I scoot out of town on Friday.  Still gonna be hot (87), muggy, and at least hopefully cloudy.  Lots of exposed trail apparently.

All my pets I have ever had as an adult have been rescues.  Though I grew up with purebreds my parents showed and bred.

Nap time ladies...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Oh Judy, I had to reread your post.  I saw thongs without seeing the sandal part the first read through.....  Hehehehe.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kat--sorry about your rough day yesterday. Hugs on the one you lost, but thanks for caring for them all.

Ugh. Now my computer won't let me into the training site.  About to call HQ IT support.  I brought my knitting....waiting on DH to call before I get on the line with the IT guys.

Ran by the tire store, sales guy said the tires were starting to dry rot. Lol.  Poor truck is so neglected.

Karen--good that you can spend time with your folks.  I'm visiting mine next month.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

My Ruger roo is a rescue!! My sweet boy.

Susan – Aw, poor DH! He misses you! Sounds like a fun weekend! Dry rot on TIRES?! I didn’t even know that was possible!

Lori – I forgot you had a holiday. Enjoy!

Cathy – Great mileage and runs for you this weekend. Oh man, that sucks about the Green Bay marathon – you know HCF saw that one and wanted me to run it 😊 I wonder why? 😉 That sucks though! Aw, I bet DD had fun. Sad about her troop! If there aren’t enough girls they just don’t have a troop at all?! Oh YES..I saw those goal pace runs and they scared me too. I was like..hm..9-13? I will go with 9. LOL. Eh, I am a little hesitant about getting up to the 70 mile weeks. I guess I could try…I am excited to try a different plan! And actually, it is overall lower mileage than I am used to doing in a training plan. I don't start until July 21! I would, of course, like a nice base going in Smile Yours starts soon, right?

Judy – Sorry about the bunion! My dad has them….I know its only a matter of time for me. I hope it feels better soon!

Kathryn – Awe, Kathryn. I can only imagine how tough that was! ☹ Sorry for the tough day. Think of all the good things you do for them!

I will try and check in tomorrow..but I am leaving early. 4 hour drive to my first site! Darn West Virginia Wink Oh..I was looking up places to eat around my hotel the second night, and the only thing around is "Hill and Holler Pizza". LOL.

Have a good afternoon/evening!

dhuffman63

Trails

Lisa, I emailed the Awesomesauce RD and the Mo'Bell will be held during Columbus Day weekend in 2020 so I'm going to that one...all things working out.  That gives me a holiday day to use instead of just all PTO.

Couldn't get on this weekend and have been busy all day.  Nasty storms on Sat. and again just now.

Sorry about the dog Kat.

All 6 of my dogs are rescues, all of the cats (10 of them) are rescues or strays that showed up, got fixed and stayed.

Anonymous Guest

Made it home around 3 today. Both doggos very excited. Apparently Huckles ate a mechanical pencil yesterday. And Riley wouldn't come in when DH wanted him to. But other than that, all went well without me for a few days. Well, "well" might be an overstatement.....everyone survived for a few days.

Back in the morning with personals. Read everything on my phone, too hard to reply. And now I'm tired.

Oh yeah, no running today for me.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

How in the world, Hucks????

Liz, that picture of you and him sleeping is so cute.

Ran my 5 at a faster clip and did some OTF push ranges of 1-1.5 minutes.  It felt good.  Didn't worry about the HR and it was 140HR AVG.  That's like 70% of Max so maybe I shouldn't try to target anything lower than that.  Anyway, now someone better take me out to dinner soon because I'm starving.

Damaris