Womens Running

Monday Miles (Read 10 times)

Anonymous Guest

About to head out for a few easy miles.

Vet appointment for Riley this morning, clean bill of health and he barks so much less than Huckleberry when there.

Nothing else here, maybe some laundry and maybe some groceries. Maybe even some cleaning now that I'm feeling better.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Karen, glad Riley did OK.  Did you get a few miles in?

No miles here later.  I was hoping for a few after work, but I woke up at 1am and couldn't fall back to sleep till at least 4:30.  Alarm at 7am.  Tired and yawning.  No miles tomorrow, though I am supposed to get in 5.5 miles for 55 years...  Drinks/dinner right after work.  YAY!

Zooming with my coach Wednesday and we are going to get a game plan for the year, rock this puppy out.  I have my January race, hoping to get in a 50K.  Less would be disappointing, more would be a bonus.  I'm giving myself up to 2 months to get more consistent with my run/walks.  I am promising myself to get to a run/walk, even slight, every outing but perhaps a recovery day.

There is an ultra FB page Margaret and I are in, they posted a thread about accountability, sadly, I was the only person who chimed in wanting to participate.  Sad

Anyways, back to work.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Rest day here. Not too busy at work, hoping December is nice and quiet. Hopefully I didn’t just jinx things. 

Yes, I signed up for the 56 mile race on my 56th birthday next year. How could I not do it, it would be rude to the fates who arranged it for me. 

Speaking of birthdays… happy birthday eve to Kat!  I hope you have a happy birthday day tomorrow and a nice dinner out. 

Re accountability… sometimes you just gotta do it yourself.  Counting on others can be hit or miss.  

Karen, hope your miles and chores were pleasant and uneventful.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Evening! Busy at work prepping for a deposition. Managed 5 after work. Leg didn't flare in the office for the first time in weeks. Hopefully it's the sign of a non-flare period for a while.

Karen, glad you are feeling better and that Riley got a clean bill of health.

Kat, ugh on the lack of sleep. Question: when we get to London, we have 4 cats that need meds daily, one of whom needs thyroid and pred and I don't think those can be skipped. The others are not life saving (might create a flare on Sammy if we don't give her steroids but I can have the vet give her a long lasting injection; the other two are on prozac so if they don't take it they might get scared but not life threatening I hope!). I wouldn't want to leave Hershey anywhere; he is 17 and he might die if we leave him at the vet or in a hospital. I guess I can find a friend or someone who can come and give him his meds (and everybody else's if they can)? Willing to pay of course. Any other ideas?

Margaret, enjoy the rest.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Margaret, woot on the race!

Damaris, I wouldn't skip the prozac, it's not good for them. In people, they can get super weirded out from it.  My GF was off her rocker when she tried to cold turkey the anti-depressants.  As far as the steroid injection (Depo), I am really really against it.  It is a whomping dose up front and can last an extremely long time.  Any steroid can cause diabetes, I always worry with the Depo way more.  I reserve it for nasty asthmatic cats.  Definitely find someone to come to medicate them.  Call your vet to see if any of the techs house sit or are willing to do drop-ins to medicate.  I'm sure if you pay enough, someone will be willing!!!  When is London?  April/May?

OK day at work I suppose.  Relaxing at home now, pooped.  Wine in hand.  Well, empty glass in hand, must get up and refill.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Runnign rest day, did an ipper boddy strength workout.

AnonymousGuest, glad you're feeling better.

KatS, Happy Birthday!

GatbsyBird, that does seem like you had no choice but to sign up for that race.

Docket, hope the leg stays ok.