Womens Running

Wild Weekend (Read 21 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was aboslutely pouring here this morning & it was really dark, so ran on the treadmill for an hour. After lunch time, the sun came out.

Bikerchick, I did about a 1 mile warm up and then 2 miles after the race.

Congrats Kat and DHUffman!

BerthaSlayer, Vegas has changed a lot in the last 15-20 years. When DH and I started going there, there was definitely some expensive food, but you could also get reasonably priced meals. Over the years, they started trying to appeal to the non-gambling crowd (celebrity chef restaurants, clubs, shows, etc). Seems like all the food prices skyrocketed on the strip and even off the strip. When we went out there in May for DH's conference, I think the only meal I paid less than $20 for was the morning I got coffee and a bagel from Starbucks. It was still over $10! We spent so muchh money on food.

LC Runs

Carol - the race was at a golf course about 5 miles out of town.  Fundraiser for the Catholic school.

Anonymous Guest

The place in CO is even better than it looks in the pictures. We love it! Got here about 2 pm, unpacked the car and checked the place out, then walked down the street to a brew pub for early dinner. They have a huge patio for when it's warmer and we have dogs with us. Stopped at the grocery store for a few things on our walk home. Cool coffee shop on the corner we haven't hit yet but will. When we're here in the summer we will probably rarely use the van, just walk or ride our ebikes.

Supposed to get an inch of snow overnight. That's it as far as snow this week, that's enough for me.

Probably just a short run tomorrow as we're meeting with the property manager guy.

DH (who had only driven through on our vacation, never explored the area) is as enamored with the town as I am. It's fun to see his reaction.

Got a couple short videos from the dog trainer. Either our dogs are quick learners or she is amazing. Maybe both.

Huge congratulations to Kathryn!!!! And another 50K for Diane, congrats to you and awesome you could help someone to her first finish.

Sandy, that's really awesome you had so many showings. Reminds me of selling our CA townhouse - we got multiple offers when that happened. Hope you do as well and it sells quickly!

Stay safe California girls!!

Hi to all.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Aloha! Laura is on it, we are in Maui now. A bit busier than Kauai- I have a feeling we will like Kauai the best 😃. Right now I’m in a beach chair watching the sunset 😉. We will spend 3 nights here and then we will head to Oahu for 3 nights before heading home. We figured we may never get the chance to come back out here, gotta try to get it all in (that’s what she said). We have been doing some pretty awesome stuff that I can’t even begin to describe. Beautiful out here! SO expensive though. We were lucky that the hotel stays were gifted to us. Not sure we could afford it otherwise! 

updating on my phone (trying not to turn on work computer)  so a few quick shoutouts..

margaret - thanks for checking in! Been thinking about you.

Tessa - been thinking about you as well. Hope you are OK.

Karen - I hear that happiness through your posts, girl! So glad you are loving the new condo!! Even better that you are going to have some well behaved pups when you get home! We miss Ruger SO much. I’ve requested daily pictures from the daycare. Luckily, Mary, one of HCDHs friends (she stood on his side at the wedding), has been picking him up and staying the night with him at our house for the night every couple of nights, to give him a little break.

Sandy - That’s inconvenient that you have to be out of the house but how awesome that you have so many showings! Really great news! I hope it sells quickly. Are you still on track for move in before Thanksgiving? Good luck with the training!

Diane - HUGE congrats to you!!! 

Kathryn - HUGE congrats to you, too!!!!! 😃😃😃

Lori - the pictures on FB from your trip are great!! Glad you had fun!

Cathy - HCDH and I were going to book Airbnb for Lakefront today but can’t yet 😃. He’s excited.

Laura - nice job on the 5K! Read your post about working with men - MUCH less drama!!! 😃

have a great evening everyone! We are planning sushi tonight!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2