Womens Running

We CRAZY for the WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Anonymous Guest

Sandy, I just finished I See You - great book! Thanks for the rec.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Busy but productive weekend for me.  Hilly, hot 19 mile run yesterday.  Flat, cool 7.6 miles today. Did some yard work at my Dad's house and cleaned out his fridge while he's away.  Visited Russian River Brewery and got a case of my favorite IPA. Did a couple loads of laundry at home and more yard work here. Cleaned up.  Only thing I didn't get done was grocery shopping, but that can wait.  I haven't run out of ice cream yet.

Lizzie, enjoy your vacation from Mammel this week!  Maybe the wind yesterday made the run sort of meh.  Wind always bugs me while running, feels like I'm working twice as hard.  I'm not sure if I can find any pics from my first marathon.  Since it was 2004, nothing is digital, and we've got loads of photos in boxes that are not very well organized. 

Ginny, enjoyed your story about when you started running!  Maybe it was Turtles (Cathy) whose kids were following her on bikes while running?  (since I don't have any   Wink

Karen, sounds like the party was a success!  Although saying that temps in the 90s are not oppressive does not compute...  Which reminds me, something else that does not compute to me is dewpoint.  I'm assuming it's related to humidity (too lazy to Google it) and not something people worry about where I live, or else I'd know what it was.  

Tessa, good of you to volunteer (and show up) for the fruit pick.  I heard that SoCal was having a brutal heat wave.  Hopefully it doesn't last too long.

HCK, nice 5k!  That time looks pretty speedy to me.

Kat, sounds like a frustrating visit with your mom.  You think she'd do better traveling somewhere with cooler temps?

CrazySue, nice wet run!  Way to stick it out.

Damaris, ugh on the breathing woes.  No word on Seattle yet?

Kilmisters, good luck with the new project.  Funny how creating a "simple map" is so not simple.

Have a great week!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR