Merry Monday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Merry Monday because I had such a great fun time running yesterday morning. I did 70 minutes out on the trail and had a great productive weekend arranging some new things in my apartment. I got a beautiful metal chair with a leaf design on the back to decorate a part of my living room where my plants live. I am creating a small *garden* in a section of my living room. So far I have 2 voluminous spider plants, a large African violet and a tiny pine tree. There are several decorated plant stands and several plant lights.

Today will be a track run, hopefully with Fast Buddy, then a cardio session.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Sounds like a wonderful week-end!

Lisa - What does the PT say about your knee???

Marjorie - Oh my, why am I not surprised that your Dad's wife didn't keep you informed Sad   Hope he is doing fine tho.

Karen - Wowza....speedy, speedy, speedy!  Congrats!  It does sound like your job search is a part time job!

Cindy - I must say your FB comments are so humorous re: your sons....important to keep a sense of humor when raising kids....heck, even when they are raised LOL....

LCruns - I guess the original owner died at LA, so someone else (maybe a family member) is running it.  The event co-ordinater is just wonderful to work with.  It really a hidden gem.....we visited again yesterday, even in the rain, it is pretty.  Hope you enjoyed the Tigers!

So, the wedding is on for 11/16.....DD&Fiance had sit-down with his DM yesterday....I can't even begin to tell you all the crazy things she said...Roll eyes   I loved this one "well the ettiquete (sp) in 2000 said that the groom's family pay for the liquor, BUT, in 2013, it said that they didn't pay for it" .  LOL.....keeping sense of humor here....

Heading out for a run, hoping it is better than Saturdays....4 mile walk, with a little running mixed in. Finally feeling almost back to normal.

Carol

Howdy!  Struggled through group power class this morning.  Still tired from the weekend, I guess.

Marjorie--hope your dad is better this morning.

Carol--good luck on the wedding planning.

Judy--I wish I could have more plants in my house, but they do not do well -- poor light and Jake pees on them sometimes.....

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me

thanks everyone. I don't think she gets how much she didn't inform us. And now the way stuff is I couldn't get info from the hospital. He stayed the night in cardiac unit since they were monitoring the heart since he took too many BP meds. They gave him charcoal to Valera it out of his stomach but still.  Would have been nice to have had more info. He will be fine though.

Carol. Sounds like the wedding will have some interesting things......

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, your garden corner sounds pretty.

Carol, sorry you were sick, and hope you feel better.

Lisa, glad you got a workout. Hang in there!

Susan, congratulations on the car's upcoming 200,000 miles. Hmm. Fluffy Weims? Somehow that's hard to picture.

Marjorie, why isn't dad's wife passing on information about his health? Is there any way you can have him sign something so you can get basics? I know with HIPPA they are very conscious about disclosing information, though I've been mostly OK getting info as DH's NOK.

And maybe Hammy should get a toy football at some point!

Cindy, way to work a run in with soccer games.

18.3 on Saturday with MM. She did well. We went up a very long hill but it was fairly early in the day so it was still cool. 18.3 in 4 1/2 hours, not bad. 4 yesterday before WW,and 4 this morning with RN. She has a pain in her hip and I have one in my butt (actually I have two but one of the pains is the one I'm married to) so we gimped along.

DH will be discharged to home once they deliver the hospital bed, he can't sleep in the recliner, and the wheelchair so I can get him to doctor's appts and so forth. He wants very much to know when that will be. That's all he can think about. And he does not understand why he can't come home until we're set up for him. I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. Spent some time yesterday cleaning the bathroom that was "his" -- looks better but I need to go buy silicon caulk and strip off the old stuff, scrub the mold that's under the caulking, and recaulk. I vastly prefer bathtubs with shower curtains to sliding glass doors on showers. It's much easier to keep the tub/curtain combination clean.

Waving to those I missed. Happy runs!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa I have medical power of attorney.  But he didn't tell them that nor did he give them any copies of stuff and I don't have them as he never gave them to me.  Was part of all the trusts he did when Mom died.  It is just weird overall.  Will see how he is doing today.  I'll broach that subject carefully.

Hammy would love to have the toy football.  However, Quincy would destroy it before Hammy got to even play much with it.  To Quincy all toys are his and he is the chewer so he would rip it apart very fast.  Since he is alpha, Hammy just gives in and gives him the toys.  We do have some luck sometimes if we can take Quincy outside so Hammy can play.  But that doesn't always work because then Hammy wants to know what Quincy is doing and won't play.  OR we have the option of torturing Quincy by holding him so he cannot take the toy away from Hammy but then, that is kinda mean to Quincy as he hates to be restrained.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Quick check-in from me. I have just been so dang tired lately. Ran 6 this morning, walked the dog, then did the editing/proofing thing for the potential job, then finally got my shopping done. Found a nice plain black suit that actually fits well at Ann Taylor. Groceries, laundry, some cleaning, then ran 4 more, then dinner and I am beat. When am I supposed to fit a full-time job in there?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Judy-love your plant corner!

Carol-oh boy on the wedding etiquette. I think it's pretty much the couples paying for most of it now isn't it?

Sue-the plants outside survive with Jake pee, right? so I guess it just must be you. LOL

Marjorie-okay, maybe I've read too many bad novels...or am just dumb... but is this something that wife could have assisted in? taking too many BP pills? Or is that not an unusual thing. I'm sorry.

Tessa-I think you should come and use my Detroit marathon bib.... and not go back. (I AM in a mood!)

Karen- you are much to busy for a full time job.

PT today. Told me that it seems like scar tissue that is giving me the trouble. No surprise that think it isn't from doing too much to soon but not getting to PT soon enough. Supposedly making progress. Onward.

Lisa