Womens Running

Milkshake WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

ginnyb

Still have not worked out since the weekend.  Oh well...maybe tomorrow.

Tessa....so sorry about the kittens, very sad.

Liz....another good run for you, what else is new???  Happy the storm is supposed to stay south of you all.  One of my dearest friends, lives in Raleigh NC, her daughter is on the coast of SC with her family and they are refusing to evacuate!  My friend is so upset and worried, she can't understand why.

Sandy...my popcorn was excellent!  Sorry about another crappy run, what the heck???

Karen...you are exhausted like a new mommy!

Sorry at work and that's all I have time for.

I did type my retirement letter, it is hiding in my handbag...it's scary deciding to finally do it, so afraid financially, but I really don't enjoy this job 90% of the time now, I need to go.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Seloc

Uhm, count me in! Thats an awesome deal!

Count me in, too!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Boring day over here. Talked to my mom earlier..we are all super bummed. She is trying to find something for another week later in October, but I don't think we will find much. She wants us to save our vacation days just in case. I really don't want to. LOL. I have been looking forward to being OUT of here next week! I think if I came in I would be very grumpy! HCF we said we can take next week to "enjoy each other". LOL. He is sweet. I thought that was for the honeymoon? Wink

Heading out of here soon. Have to stop by the grocery again. Ugh, I forgot to get sausage for my french toast tonight. PRIORITIES. I am just going to stop by Food Lion for that. I have to do a bigger grocery shop tomorrow. Geez, that will be 3 days this week!! Maybe I need to pull a Sandy and have popcorn for dinner post long run tomorrow Wink

Judy – Enjoy that cool weather! We have so many mushrooms around from all of the rain we have gotten. I saw a story on the news the other day that some family cooked the mushrooms and ate them. DUMB.

Susan – Oh man! You are having some major phone issues. Do you have a Best Buy or something near you? They could probably help. Or your service store should be able to help. That’s awful about the termites or ants.

Sandy – Nice miles this morning! Sorry about the piriformis. You should roll it out tonight before the LR! The bicyclist sounds like she might have been drunk. LOL. Opps! I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning, too! You might be my motivation to get out the door. Ha. I notice that if I do 4 days in a row..its an extra struggle to get out the door. I will just say to myself, “Sandy will be out soon!!! Get your ass out there!” haha. Good luck getting through the meetings. Why are you stressed about the LR?? You got this!!!

Kilmisters – Good to see you back!! Don’t worry, the taper madness will be gone soon! WOHOOO 4 days!!!

Kathryn – You are right – 12 hour day IS a lot. I wouldn’t want to do that either. Maybe just do a few until you find something else?? I hope you get some shifts on the November schedule! I am ready for a nappy poo too!

Cathy – Enjoy your rest day! Is DD running alone on Sunday?? Oh no about the disposal! Good thing DH is a plumber Smile You are right about the good things outside of work. Thank you for reminding me Smile OH speaking of wedding – my planner told me that she has a wedding this weekend!!! I can’t imagine that stress with Florence! I have been worried about reflective gear in this fog lately! I don’t wear any. I usually stay in my neighborhood though. I do have a flashlight! Smile

Karen – Aw, completely understand not running long while leaving the pup alone! I would be the same. Lisa has some great advice that makes a lot of sense! You can use the puppu sleeping time to your advantage JHave a good nap!!

Carol – I am in for GC!! Smile OOO the WV run sounds fun. Do you have an idea of what distance you would like to do yet?

Lisa – Wow, have fun at the charity event. Sounds FANCY. Smile Aw, I am sorry to hear that about your niece. How awful. I will be thinking of your sis and her family! Hope that they stay safe! Keep us posted.

Ginny – OMG on your friends daughter!! They should really evacuate!! Wow. Keep us posted. I hope they are safe! I didn’t know you had the retirement letter already typed. Turn that in! You are ready for it Smile  A new adventure awaits! Wink

Have a good afternoon!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Dammit, Glass City is looking better and better. If I didn't know I have to market [insert name of big client] next year and they are a 5/1 renewal and we have a lot to do next year on [insert name of other big client] which is a 6/1, I would probably pull the trigger on it all. I will talk to my boss.

Cathy, sounds like you and your DH would be great people to be neighbors with! Plumbing, running, reading...I read The Great Alone too and felt it was more than a little unbelievable, with the feel good ending tacked on. (Trying not to have spoilers here.)

Ginny, ooh, retirement! Good luck.

Lisa, I am so sorry about your niece. Which sister is this? How awful for her, waiting for someone to die and hoping it will be quick is a truly horrible situation to be in. Especially with the worry about the hurricane. If you text a name I will put her on the prayer list at church. (Couldn't hurt.) Have fun at the event!

Carol, is the Run around the Gorge the race in honor of the woman who was the first to through hike the AT, Grandma Gatewood? I just read her biography.

Liz, you can order new valves or you can order a new bladder. If it's been a while you might want to order both so you have a backup bladder if yours springs a leak.

Kat, hope you get the hours. And I have no problem rooming with someone who snores. I was married to a champion snorer for 23 years!

No gym AGAIN. Work is crazy and I now have a 1:15 meeting. Bah. 2.5 this morning and that will be all today.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Lisa, that is a great deal!  Very sad about your niece.

I booked a King room at the Hampton Inn Toledo/Westgate (I had Hilton hotel points) for GC.  DH snores so I am SO looking forward to perhaps getting a decent night sleep.    Also, I have a habit of getting up super early for races and emptying myself out.  Probably better that I am alone.     I am planning on arriving Saturday afternoonish and staying through Monday morning, probably leaving early Monday to avoid the Chicago traffic.

Ginny, congrats on the retirement!

Kat, sounds like we would make awful roommates.  I am a super light sleeper!  Though you and DH would make great roomies.  

Carol, I am training for the Madison Half on November 11.  I don't intend to PR or anything, just trying to get through the training cycle and see where I am at!  Wow, Run Around the Gorge looks like a very nice race!

Lizzie, you can never get too much of enjoying each other.     I am running with DD on Sunday.  There is one race left after this one, maybe she can do it on her own?  Wow, wedding this weekend in the hurricane!  That would be super stressful.  I just have a reflective belt type thing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W5N3X2M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  Maybe you should wear one if you run down the middle of the street.    Haha, are you in for GC?  Do you have a master list of everyone that will be there?  

Tessa, wow, if you could make GC then it will be a real party.    Seriously though, it would be great to meet you!

Cathy

Bikerchick1

Lisa - I am chuckling about (two queens to a room) ....I don’t consider myself a queen....more of the “princess type” just ask my DH...LOL.  As Kat asked, how many rooms can you reserve with the discount?  That is a great deal!  Thanks for checking on that.  On a serious note, your niece’s situation is so sad...thoughts and prayers for her and family.

Lizzie - probably opting for 18/8.

Ginny - I can understand your hesitation on the retirement papers.  I was worried financially, too.  I am not going to lie, I am glad to be done with the position I had, but there has been some “retirement struggling” going on...no $, but emotionally...didn’t expect that, but am working thru it, do not regret the decision at all, tho.  All in all when you know you are done, you will be able to put those papers in!!!

Carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Tessa – THANK YOU for reminding me on the bite valve. I just ordered on Amazon. I need to look at that other hydration pack I got for Christmas though. It has to be some user error. Sorry about the gym! Hang in there! I feel like you have been super busy for weeks now! I second Cathy, it would be great to meet you!

Cathy – I am laughing out loud. LOL..emptying yourself out haha. Does your DH snore?! Yay for running with DD this weekend! I thought I remembered you mentioning that she wanted to do some alone, wasn’t sure if you were running this one with her or not. Take advantage of it while you can – haha. Okay, I would probably not wear that vest. There is something about being out there at 3am in the morning..I really don’t want people to see me. If I am on the main street of the neighborhood, I will have my flashlight on..but if I am in one of the cul-de-sacs, I will turn it off. I don’t want to be seen. I feel like no “normal” person would be out at that time unless they work night shift Smile HCF was asking me about everyone who is coming to GC..he was impressed! So am I!!! I feel so loved. This is going to be EPIC!

Carol – Aw, Carol. Sorry to hear about your retirement struggling. I actually remember my dad going through something shortly after he retired. Glad you are working through it. Wow, 18/8!! Go girl!

GC..I will probably get in Friday night..and leave Monday morning. All depending on flights..but that is my plan as of now.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Been in court all day and on top of that, I got a migraine halfway through it.  Fortunately, hubby brought my my migraine meds and it is now an annoying buzz.  Good because I have 8 miles to run.  Didn't run last night and took a sleeping pill.  Serves me right, I guess?

I'll be back later with some more cheer after my run. Sigh.

Damaris

I have 3 rooms reserved. That could be 4 people in each room. I'm an extrovert and will sleep with anyone. (hope someone is still reading this stuff). I can only reserve up to 3 rooms and they can be cancelled up to just a few days before. I guess if we need more, I can look at other places... or anyone call really. Pull up Marriott and use the code mpp then look at the explorer rate. ID is needed upon checkin so it won't work for just anyone but you can look up the rates. There was one right in city center but it was $150/night I think. Discounts vary by the property. I love my daughter.

Lisa

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I could be talked into glass city again. Is everybody doing the hm or full?

3 miles on my candy ass trails last night that were brutal hard. Ugh. I need practice if I'm going to do woodstock next year .

5 mile walk this morning. Was beautiful along the river.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I know I am not overly keen on 4 to a room, especially with my snoring...  Tessa seemed OK with me, but I am not sure others would be.  And a queen bed is far too chummy for me - I toss and turn.  Problem is, when I checked Expedia, there are only a few double queen rooms left and they are non-refundable...  I might go for the refundable King room.  Just a thought...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 sluggish miles with 4 x 3 minutes at 10k pace. Felt way more challenging than it should have. Looks like my race is a go for Saturday.

MyMomRuns, I hope you family stays safe. That is such a horrible situation with your niece.

Turtles, definitely lucky to be married to a plumber! I lucked out years ago and had a roommate who worked as a receptionist at a plumbing company. Came in very handy when our hot water heater burst on a weekend and "it wasn't a good time" for our landlord

CrazySue, ugh on the bugs. We had termites, now we get to pay for service to make sure they stay away.

Arimthea, poor Nimrod. Hopefully the other kitties pull through.

Lisa - I am chuckling about (two queens to a room) ....

Haha, that made me smile too.  I wasn't planning on bringing my crown, though...   I'm in for Glass City!  I'd like to share a room if there's a spot open.  For anyone who hasn't signed up yet, the code is WeddingFun, good for 15% off on any event (but if it doesn't work, that means we've used up the 10 discount spots).

Hi Lori!  I think there are people doing both full and half marathon distances.  Probably more full marathoners.

Tessa, It would be great to see you at GC but totally understandable if you can't swing it because of work.  Sounds like you'll be rather busy.

Lizzie/Turtles/Ginny/Seloc/Carol, looking forward to meeting all of you IRL at GC!  

Lisa/Karen/Kat, it'll be good to see you again, it happens so rarely.  

(Am I missing any GC attendees? Hope not, apologies if I am!).

Lizzie, oh no, stupid storm, messing with your vacation plans!  Although, there are worse things you could do than hang out with HCF and enjoy each other for a week.   

Kilmisters, sending you good vibes for the HM and tomorrow's meeting!

HCK, also sending you good running mojo for Saturday's race!

Damaris, gah on the migraine.  Good that the meds helped.

Judy, say hi to the chipmunks and mushrooms for me!  

CrazySue, bummer on the floor, that does not sound like an easy fix.

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your niece, hope she gets some peace soon.  If you postpone your hundie until 2020, I may possibly join you.  Depends on how my planned 50 and 100k races go next year.  What's the elevation profile like for Kettle Morraine?  Their website is a little sparse.

Sort of random personals there, sorry about that.  As for me, I did 9.5 today, 5 yesterday, and planning on intervals tomorrow morning before work.  Just ate a bowl of peanut M&Ms, leftover from the Tahoe 200 aid station.  Two of my three friends finished the T200 race, the third had bad foot problems and dropped.  Our aid station went okay.  It was at mile 140 so a lot of people were in really rough shape.  I was not the captain of this aid station and would have done things differently (including having more volunteers! and coffee!), but I think the runners got what they needed.  I got maybe 20 minutes of sleep on Sunday and Monday since we were so short-handed.  And then I drove the dropped runners and pacers to Heavenly and Homewood ski resorts, and then drove 4.5 hours home.  I was pooped, to say the least.  

Made it through Wednesday, woohoo.  Enjoy the rest of the week!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Haha, that made me smile too.  I wasn't planning on bringing my crown, though...   I'm in for Glass City!  I'd like to share a room if there's a spot open.  For anyone who hasn't signed up yet, the code is WeddingFun, good for 15% off on any event (but if it doesn't work, that means we've used up the 10 discount spots).

Hi Lori!  I think there are people doing both full and half marathon distances.  Probably more full marathoners.

Tessa, It would be great to see you at GC but totally understandable if you can't swing it because of work.  Sounds like you'll be rather busy.

Lizzie/Turtles/Ginny/Seloc/Carol, looking forward to meeting all of you IRL at GC!  

Lisa/Karen/Kat, it'll be good to see you again, it happens so rarely.  

(Am I missing any GC attendees? Hope not, apologies if I am!).

Lizzie, oh no, stupid storm, messing with your vacation plans!  Although, there are worse things you could do than hang out with HCF and enjoy each other for a week.   

Kilmisters, sending you good vibes for the HM and tomorrow's meeting!

HCK, also sending you good running mojo for Saturday's race!

Damaris, gah on the migraine.  Good that the meds helped.

Judy, say hi to the chipmunks and mushrooms for me!  

CrazySue, bummer on the floor, that does not sound like an easy fix.

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your niece, hope she gets some peace soon.  If you postpone your hundie until 2020, I may possibly join you.  Depends on how my planned 50 and 100k races go next year.  What's the elevation profile like for Kettle Morraine?  Their website is a little sparse.

Sort of random personals there, sorry about that.  As for me, I did 9.5 today, 5 yesterday, and planning on intervals tomorrow morning before work.  Just ate a bowl of peanut M&Ms, leftover from the Tahoe 200 aid station.  Two of my three friends finished the T200 race, the third had bad foot problems and dropped.  Our aid station went okay.  It was at mile 140 so a lot of people were in really rough shape.  I was not the captain of this aid station and would have done things differently (including having more volunteers! and coffee!), but I think the runners got what they needed.  I got maybe 20 minutes of sleep on Sunday and Monday since we were so short-handed.  And then I drove the dropped runners and pacers to Heavenly and Homewood ski resorts, and then drove 4.5 hours home.  I was pooped, to say the least.  

Made it through Wednesday, woohoo.  Enjoy the rest of the week!

I'd be in for kettle moraine if the course isn't evil  keep me updated please

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Tessa- sorry to hear about the kitty.

Damaris- go Richard. Go Richard. Bring on the dancing men!!

Margaret-sure. You can follow me. You okay with that 5:46 road Marathon time? And I’m sorry but when I read “glutes mis-firing” all I could think of was farting. Yes I am 14. Nice miles!

Kat-I hear ya a bit on the post event blues. What I do is think of them as “the wall” or a rough patch on a run. You know it’s just part of the journey and that by thinking ahead to other good stuff it won’t last as long as if you spend time thinking about feeling crappy. Why do I have a feeling that we may have the bar in our room? Rubaeus for all!!

HCK2- just think how much better the time will be at your next event!! Effort is effort. I’m sure that you gave it the best you had to give on this day at this race and at this time. Nothing to feel bad about if that’s what you did. And if you didn’t, well then now you know how it feels to not give a solid effort and you probably won’t have it happen again. Good thing you’re not one and done.

Planning on a run tomorrow. Right now we are driving to Mississippi to look at a mini-cooper. 

Lisa