Womens Running

Moooooovin' Monday - Supermoms (Read 25 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

NOLA-  I do know it goes both ways. We live in a rural area and don't have a lot of black people here, but we do have a significant hispanic population and I'd like to think that we get along pretty well here. Though now that I think about it, people tend to stick together according to race- I have had a handful of hispanic friends over the years but probably not as much as I should given the 30-80% hispanic population depending on which city you live in in my county.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

House related- we had to go with our second choice of cabinets because there was a pretty big price increase in June and we didn't want to go over budget.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - make sure you make the old ladies do 50 million reps to make up for the tiny pink weights.

cx2 - B has been going to daycare since he was 3 weeks old, so he's never had issues with me leaving him at gym daycare, babysitters, etc.

becky - I remember once an ex bf and I made spinach salad (with bacon) and grilled cheese (with bacon).  We needed a shower after to get the bacon off everything.

mrszm - time to go to the old thread and door slam trick for the loose tooth?

arm - that's certainly a nice bonus to have a house with a TM!

nola - I hope you get answers for your shin! that kind of pain sounds like sfx though Sad  haven't heard about a chicken shortage.

ernie - it was boiling upstairs when i got home last night so I turned the ac on, so I had the impression it was going to be suffocating even at 6 am, so when I left for work I was pleasantly surprised by the coolness.  I'm pretty sure the coolness is gone by now though.

spike - that seems so weird that your sister decided she hated NOLA after 3 days?! is there more going on there?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

nolamama

CQTM

Well...looks like a stress reaction/SFX. They do x-rays in the office and you can see it on my x-ray. He said if I wanted a 100% diagnosis of stress reaction versus SFX then he would send me for an MRI, but either way, the advice/treatment would be the same. 6 weeks no running/impact on the leg. He doesn't think I need a boot or anything since I can walk pretty comfortably. I know he is trying to save me from expensive treatments, which was nice. Blech...but not really surprising.

I need a good upper body ST workout to keep me focused at the gym for the next 4 weeks. (I have already not been running for almost 2).

runnergirl9508

NOLA: sorry to hear about the SFX!! That really stinks. I'd actually push for a boot, to keep your leg more supported from impact. You probably can swim, does your gym have personal trainers? Ask one of them to design an upper body/core workout for you. Hugs, I hope you can heal soon!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

BermyHorse

RR: 6.5m with coach. Did 4m at 7.19-30ish. Was hard but do-able. We ran side by side on tms at gym with 1% incline and she talked me through tempo mentality and all that. It was very very useful. Ran 13.1 with stroller on sat in about 2.10 took it easy and stopped lots to mother along the route. Did hill sprints on friday, ran over 40mpw last week. Sticking here for a bit and then building up to the 50s.

NRR: had my track RP over on sat with her 4 girls (12, 10, 8, 6) and very shy hubby. By the end the girls were playing hide and seek in all our closets and three stories of our house and having a complete blast. RP was worried that her girls were out of control. I thought they were angels. I don't subscribe to that control thing of "on your best behaviour" - I want everyone to be themselves, be real and have a good time. RP and her hubby were relieved that they could just relax.

NRR2: got a package from bermy running coach for my birthday - a crochet book (thought of you Mer) and a gift for DS. She wrote me a little card that said I was the best cook, wife, runner, best friend. It made me cry. She is going to Denver for her running coaching course - runnergirl - I think you are going too right - in early sept?

TR: has a cold but is working through it. Sitter still wanted to come so I got to train. He jumps now and is starting to jump when he runs. We went for a long hike yesterday through percy warner park and he loved it. He loves running too which makes my heart sing.

FR: frozen meal stash - kale, turkey and white bean soup. No effort at all, but delicious meal. I love freezer stash.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - great tempo! I wish we could run together, that's almost my exact pace of my last tempo before seawheeze! I'm just starting to build my freezer meal stash for returning to work next month.

NOLA - sorry about the SFX! That sucks Sad I hope you can get some good upper body workouts in and come back strong.

spike - I'll let you know on the slow cooker meals. Yay for fresh legs! My calves were tight all last week and I think they're finally losening up.

ernie - hope the 10k wasn't too hot, glad that your computer wasn't permanently damaged.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

mrszackmorris

zorbs: dh told dd1 he was using string tonight and she freaked. It is definitely time though.

Erniegirl

zorbs - Aren't your legs tired? I definitely needed a rest day yesterday after our hilly lr on Saturday.

rg - Lol at old lady circuit class. Everyone using 3 lb weights? My DH spilled beer on my keyboard once and it was fine because he vacuumed it up right away. I think once it's dried, you need those special wipes Cx2 mentioned. Although, sometimes keys magically start working again, so maybe the next time you try it, it will be fine.

cx2 - Aw on the daycare crying Sad It will just take a bit of time for her to get used to it. Can DH take her again before she starts up for real? Cute on the kissing babies! A girl came up to S at the farm on Saturday and gave her a big hug, and S grunted and pushed her away!

Becky - Way to go on the accidental 10 milers! Ha, bacon fest was super tasty, but made me very thirsty, so I was required to chase all the bacon with an ice cold beer Smile

Mrszm - Ew, wiggly teeth gross me out, too. Another vote for the string on the door trick! I'm sure the pizza will be much appreciated. After I gave birth, I ate some toast and peanut butter and went to sleep, but the next day my mom came with a pizza and it was THE BEST.

Arm - Good job on the mileage and on taking care of the niggling pain before it turns into anything serious. So glad your mom changed her mind and is coming through for you!

Nola - So sorry about the sfx! At least you know what it is now and hopefully it will heal up fast. A didn't like french fries before? Madness! So weird about the chicken shortage. I don't think we've ever had a chicken shortage here.

CA - Thanks for the recipe - way more weeknight friendly than making actual rolls! I am going to bake it in a lasagna tin on my bbq as to not heat up the house with the oven. Way to go on the slow cooker prep. You are so organized!

Spike - Yay for fresh legs but not so much for the couch pee. That's terrible that your sister got such an un-welcoming in New Orleans. Although, with their complaints about the bus system and stuff, it sounds like they didn't do much research before moving there?

Bermy - Having someone talk you through a tempo would be so useful! The idea of running that far with a stroller is still absolutely incomprehensible to me. What a sweet bday card from bermy coach!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

nola - sorry about your sfx! focus on big upper body movements: presses, rows, pushups, pullups and planks.

bermy - wow, 13.1 in 2:10 is certainly a relaxed pace.  The lady I ran with on Sunday doesn't believe in speedwork, yet is crazy fast on race day..I think her ideas have some merit.

ernie - yes. my legs are totally jello. But the super slow recovery run I did yesterday helped, 6:22/k pace.  My friend took me to this new section of trail on the south end of Fairy Lake, south of Mulock..Fairy Lake to me used to end at Mulock.  There was a huge hill at the turn around but we took it nice and easy.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- I haven't had much of a relationship with my little sister over the past 3 years so I don't know what kind of research she did.

Bermy- good job on your workouts! That was a sweet surprise from BermyCoach, its lovely to have friends like that. When I have friends with kids over, I usually like to have something fun for the kids to do outside.

NOLA- Boo on the stress fracture- at least its just 4 weeks since you've already been taking it easy for a week or two.

mzm- I still remember my mom digging out one of my teeth with her fingernails *shudder*

nolamama

CQTM

mzm- I still remember my mom digging out one of my teeth with her fingernails *shudder*

This is making me shudder as well.

RG - I thought about the boot idea as well. My gym has trainers but I've seen them work and I don't have a lot of confidence in their abilities.

Zorbs - thanks. I'll incorporate your ideas in to my new gym activities.

cx2 - crying at daycare is pretty normal. It took A 2 weeks to get acclimated to her new daycare when we changed at 12 months. She still gets upset and clingy after long weekends or just good quality time with me.

Bermy - sounds like your training is going awesome. A 2:10 half with the stroller and stops sounds pretty good. I'm still wanting to see what time you would run one in now!!

mrszm - I always just wiggled and wiggled until it came out. I never required any parental intervention.

ernie - no, she didn't like French fries. She really doesn't know what she's missing...although she now likes mac n cheese, which is more normal kid behavior.

on to earlier pages...

nolamama

CQTM

Becky - I hope you enjoyed your solo weekend. I'm dreaming of mine. Since it is a dream, it would involve running, wine, baths, movies, popcorn, mani/pedi, massage, sushi, Chinese food, Chipotle burritos, cupcakes, ice cream and more wine. DREAMY.

arm - glad your MIL decided to take DD2. wouldn't she have felt left out if she didn't get to go?

CA - did you have a good weekend with just the girls? Yeah, I don't know what's up with the chicken. We'd probably think about moving if we didn't value our jobs so much (not just because of the chicken, lol).

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Nola - LOL, I am imagining you throwing your arms up in the air - 'if there's no chicken, we're out of here!' Smile  Yep, it was a good weekend, busy but good.  It was nice though to have M go to MIL's yesterday, I've gotten a lot done.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

Just a few

Mrszm – gross on tooth!! Do you have a tooth fairy pillow?!

Nola – awful news about your sfx. Please keep posting about your workouts and what you can do without running. You’re still a supermom and part of our team even without the running for now.

zorbs – yes, I liked my run on Sat – very chill!

Rg – no idea on laptop.  Yay for knowing letters and also birthday party coming up! I always think of our sons as being the same age, but yours is much older. My DS was due on 7th Sept but arrived on the 20th Sept! Crazy carrying 2 weeks over.

CA – nice job on the tempo run prior to SeaWheeze. I am going to sit down and read your blog about it when I get uninterrupted time.

Spike – yikes on family situation. I say follow your heart. It will never guide you wrong. And I was thinking of you today as I am making that cushion for bermy4 and it is so cute. It’s more advanced and has pleats in satin – I will take a pic..

Gotta go…

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31