Womens Running

Welcome to Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I was able to get everything done. The side effects were less from the flu shot, just mostly tired. The track run was a little harder since I was already tired, but I toughed it out.

Today will be a track run, then out to eat. I’m hungry for some chicken tortilla soup.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Another busy day at the office that ended up with me having abdominal pain.  Hoping it's nothing because there is nothing there to be hurting at this point, ugh.  Had my Pilates last night and called it a rest day.  7 miles tonight.

Judy, enjoy the track work and the dinner out.  I love tortilla soup!

Lisa, do you know what happened to LAG?

Damaris

camille2

Karen, that's better news about Jake. I Just wanted to wish him good luck.

cindy,  I didn't say congrats on your longest ever run. Even though it was tough, remember that it was a big accomplishment.

I doubt I'll get a run in since I'm leaving today.  I'm

I'm packed but have to drop car, etc.  It's kind of cold but clear here and we've had no rain for about 10 days! There's a dusting of snow on the mountains though. "Termination dust."  Summer is officially over, darn it!

have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Shoot, I forgot my computer bag at home - guess I'll be carrying my laptop home in my purse, luckily I have my giant one, so it should almost fit. I'm going to be working from home tomorrow morning so I can take Jake in for his surgery at 10. I had a short (20 minute) massage scheduled for lunch tomorrow (was going to have him just work on my foot), so I rescheduled that for Friday.

A few easy miles and Pilates after work tonight. I'm trying to find a balance of runs so I'll be able to do the marathons in a week and a half, and rest to help the PF get better. It's not easy - it's tempting to just take time completely off, especially if that would help it get better faster, but then I think about fitness lost and potentially running 52 miles in 2 days....

camille, I can't believe you're leaving AK already. This summer just flew by.

Judy, glad the only side effect was being tired so you were able to still get stuff done. Mmmm, somewhere I have a crockpot recipe for chicken tortilla soup, that sounds good.

Damaris, weird on the abdominal pain. Hope it was nothing.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good Morning!  My training calendar said today was a rest day.  So I rested.  Weird.

Damaris--hope the ab pain is gone.  ???

Karen--good luck with Jake tomorrow!  Hope surgery goes well.

Bored at work......

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, what's a "rest day"?

Judy, hope the flu shot effects have dissipated.

Thanks for the reminder about the crock pot -- I put DS's dinner in there this morning and forgot to tell him! Also need to remind him to take out the trash.

Damaris, hope the abdominal pain subsides.

Karen, fingers crossed that Jake does well. Poor old guy.

Camille, safe travels! You're not going through Chicago or NY, are you?

Marjorie, it is amazing how closely so many of us are connected. Although the rejoinder to the comment "it's a small world" is "sure is but I still wouldn't want to paint it."

Is Lisa still trying to get to NY?

4 this morning, ran to the post office and picked up the week's mail. Something I tend to put off doing. 66 and clear today, lovely, but it will heat up to 100 this weekend. Bah.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I ran 8 very humid miles this morning. Not too warm, but foggy and very muggy, and my legs are still recovering from Saturday, so they felt pretty heavy and tired. Shins were achey but still manageable. Fingers crossed that they continue to cooperate. This week is a cutback week, so we only have 13 on Friday.

Damaris - hope the abdominal pain is nothing.

Karen - glad to hear the Jake's issue can be fixed. I understand the balancing act - I'm having to do the same thing with my shins.

Camille - safe travels!

Crazysue - rest days are good. I think I'll go with yoga tomorrow.

Off to shower before the kids get home - today's an early release day for the schools, so DS1 will be home at 12:20. Have a good day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 10.1 this am. Lots of work today. Tomorrow my pups turn 7. I will put pics on FB. They look a lot different now as they've greyed a lot etc.

judy I need to get my flu shot soon

Karen hope the surgery goes well for the pup

Camille oh no not snow.

Tessa so true. Not wanting to paint the world for sure. And, I like painting. Lisa is in NY looking at her fb

Cindy hope the shins continue to improve

Marjorie

8 miles this morning in NY/Central Park. will refrain from annoying pics since it was either too dark or a route I had already run so no new pics.

Went out to dinner with a couple other HR folks.  They joked that their goal was me not being able to run in the morning.  We'll see.  Walked back from Sardi's to Grand Central for cheesecake at Junior's (last time they will listen to me when I say "sure we can walk there" but really it was ONLY a few blocks) then to office pick up bags and back to hotels.  I sure won't profess to knowing NYC but the grid like streets of mid-town are pretty easy to navigate and I don't even get lost in GCT anymore! as long as I don't actually have to use it for transportation that is.  LOL

Karen-hugs and a "brightly wrapped present for Jake" wishes for you.

Tessa-I made it okay.  Last week it was BOTH O'Hare AND Midway shut down.  they are still on reduced traffic.

Damaris-it was wind that shut it down; weird though.

Sue-our "rest days" are other people's active days.  LOL

Cindy-humid is yucky.  but at least you got it done and feel okay, right?

Marjorie-were you posting on here when you first got the dogs?  I don't seem to remember them being puppies but it seems like we've all known each other that long.

Lisa