Womens Running

Thursday means rain (Read 10 times)

Anonymous Guest

Every Thursday night but one for the last eight weeks have been stormy here. I know that because 6:30 on Thursday nights are when my 5k group meets. Currently a 98% chance of rain and "strong storms" at 6 pm. Unless things change, we will probably cancel and I'm kinda bummed about that because this will be my last time with the group. Their graduation race is while we're in Big Bend.

I may go out and shuffle a few miles this morning. I'm stressing about everything for this trip so I think it might help.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I had a headache yesterday after the office (of course), so I didn't run. 5 miles today.

Karen, don't stress; it will be fun once it starts!

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

HEY ALL!

Karen, funny (but not) about the rain on Thursdays.  I know too because it is our Thursday pub night.  Though I don't think we have had as much.  Bummer you'll miss the graduation.  How long are you gone for???  Will there be another Thursday baby runner group?

Damaris, I am guessing you're feeling better??

I had some moderate/significant knee pain yesterday afternoon.  Woke up feeling nearly normal.  Not sure what is going on...I just want it to go back to normal so I can quit stressing about it.  Talked with my coach yesterday via zoom.  Hella nice guy.  We are still hopeful for Badger.  I MIGHT have another pacer.  MAYBE.  They're long legs - 35 for one and 31 for the other...

Today is an easy day, I switched my schedule around, with coach's blessing.  Easy today, LR tomorrow, moderate Saturday, moderate Sunday.

Not much else really, pub tonight.  Was going to bring little cookie monster with me, but rain/storms are forecasted so we will be inside.

Happy Thursday.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Karen, sorry for the Thursday rain washing out your baby runner meet ups.   Next time CA has a drought, I may ask you to schedule some runs here and bring the rain with you.

Damaris, hope the headache is done and your run goes well.

Kat, annoying about the knee.  I'm on board for pacing!

Yesterday was a URD.  This cough is endless.  Felt too worn out to run.  Thinking it's some sort of allergic reaction to the crap blowing around outside.  I've never had allergies before, but if there was ever a year for excess pollen, mold, or whatever, this is the year, after the ridiculously rainy winter.  Consulted with a doctor (my sister) who said allergic bronchitis is a thing.  She said to consider getting an inhaler, since meds like Benadryl and Theraflu are't helping.  Sigh.  Still heading to Philly tomorrow to meet up with Lisa for the Philly Trail Marathon.  Maybe their air will agree with me better?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

3 slogging miles. Quads still a bit sore, and running was more of an effort than usual, but felt good to get out there. Even if it was hot and humid.

Funny thing about the rain, it ONLY happens on Thursday nights. We're still in a drought situation and the lake is still 9 feet below normal. So I'm happy about the rain and would love a lot more, but maybe we could get some some other day of the week.

Heading to Sam's Club in a bit - a week of cooking dinner for 6-8 people requires bulk.

Kathryn, I hope all goes well and you get to the start line at Badger ready to go. We leave Saturday, meet up with group 1 Sunday, take them around through Wednesday, then meet up with group 2 Thursday through Sunday. Drive home Sunday and get the fellas from the kennel Monday. If we're exhausted we might stop part way on the drive home somewhere and not get back until Monday, but need to get here before noon to avoid paying for the kennel another day.

Margaret, it does make sense that something external like allergies would be causing the problems, since it keeps happening again and again. I will sometimes get allergies when I go back to Illinois, but not really anywhere else. So hopefully you'll feel and breathe great in Philly. Have so much fun with Lisa!

Anonymous Guest

You guys! We are just over 3 weeks out from the 5k I'm going back to IL to walk with my mom. She won't let me sign her up yet because she doesn't know if she can do it. So my sister went over there today and they walked 1.6 miles. She said Mom could have gone farther but just didn't want to . Several of Mom's friends drove by when they were walking (she lives in the neighborhood where their country club is, so she knows everybody that drives by) and honked and gave her a thumbs up. My sister said her one good friend stopped and my sister told her not to offer her a ride, and the friend said "of course not! She's in training!" This makes my heart happy.

My aunt (my dad's youngest sister) is thinking about doing it with us as well. I told my sister that if she does, we have to make sure Mom gets over the finish line first. Age group is 70+ so at 80 Mom is gonna have to hustle to place, even if it means outmaneuvering my aunt!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Whoa Boy and Howdy Doody!!  It's gonna storm something fierce.  Sky is black and the rain just started, lightening too.  Hope no hail.  Definitely an unscheduled REST DAY!!!  Yikes.

Work today was chock full of annoyances.  Glad it is over.

Margaret, so excited for you to come to Badger.  Sorry you're struggling again health wise, hopefully Philly is a "breath of fresh air."  HeHe.

Karen, are you getting the nasty weather too?  Bulk indeed!!  Lotta people to feed.  I bet you'll have a blast.

Supposed to be pub night, screw that!  None of my GF's are going, so I am ditching.

TGIF!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024