Womens Running

Thirsty Thursdays (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Wait, what?  National IPA day?  Now you’re talking!  Works well with today’s Thirsty Thursday theme too!

CC, I’m with you, IPAs are my favorite beer.  You clearly have good taste.   From the other day: no, I don’t run with a stroller but I see them on the local bike path. I always give them a smile (behind my mask) and a wave.

I took the rest of the day off from work today to get some chores done with DH. We’re driving up to Sacramento area now to pick up a car that we loaned to my BIL.  Planning on doing a short trail run at Folsom Lake and grabbing lunch to eat outside while we’re up there.  Going to be hot, 80s. It was 58 at home when we left. And that’s why we live there.  

On in my phone in the car so I’m not going to catch up with everyone. Will BBL.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Seloc

CC - ooooh, we can be great friends!  I LOVE IPAs!  Will have to make sure I have one later.  I agree - I feel awful for the students during this time.  And, the teachers and parents, too!  I'm on a work call and the one guy is having to teach his first grader while also trying to work.  He was laughing because he had just gotten a nasty email from his son's teacher wondering why he didn't complete the quiz on their break.  Hard to teach and work at the same time!!

Karen - woohoo Ms Local Legend!!  Hooray for another week in cooler temps!

Damaris - yeah, 8 hour call today and most likely tomorrow and into next week.  Yes, the testing takes time but these 10 year old boys also go off on tangents...

Half Crazy K 2.0

Arimathea, glad DD is ok.

KatS, yikes on the traffic & the truck blowing a tire.

Docket & Seloc, sorry for the loss of your co-workers.

AnonymousGuest, there have been several times where DH's company goes througha re-org and he does the math in his head of what the severance package would be and tells me how much he wants to be laid off. Hasn't happened.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura – Nice run this morning! You will have a great time camping. Hope the DMV wasn’t too bad. OMG today was definitely a fire day.

Run4kupckaes-  Oh, this spider was the size of hand – spread out. Enjoy your rest day! I saw we had flood watches today and was wondering how that could be. Not a cloud in the sky!

Kathryn – OMG! How scary! Glad you are OK. And that the truck driver is OK. I would think they would train for that kind of circumstance. Scary!! Glad you had such a great getaway.

Cathy – What? A rest day?! 😊 Oh yeah, I forgot about the Friday bike ride! 😊 Glad you had a great walk. I agree – just sitting in the salon with different surroundings talking to her about random stuff (not related to COVID) was like a breath of fresh freaking air!!! Enjoy your 3 day weekend! Are you seeing TF? CC does have a good point about the race – not like your saving yourself for another race. 😉

Lori – Have a great run later!

Susan – Nice run this morning! Wow! I am surprised your county has in person school!

Docket – Enjoy your rest day! Mid to high 50’s?! UGH I HATE YOU. Aw, im so sorry to hear about the Houston boss.

Sandy – Ugghh, good luck on that call today. You earned that IPA! 😊 Oh my gosh, sorry to hear about your work mates passing away. That is awful. Going away to the cabin sounds great! Are you going to try to get Lily to swim? You better post lots of pictures!! That ticks me off about the teacher giving that guy a hard time!! I mean come on. People can’t do two things at once!!! Glad I don’t have a kid in school right now. I would just be irritated and angry.

Karen – YAY for staying another week! I am just laughing out loud at DH being upset over not being fired. LOL. You don’t hear that every day. Nice run this morning!

CC – Nice run for you this morning! I also daydream about being cold again… 😊. I feel safe going to my salon. She owns a small shop in Fredericksburg and I have been going to her since I was 14! She only has one person in at a time and they must be masked. She also disinfects anywhere I sit 😊.

Margaret – Even though your day is full of chores, it sounds kinda fun 😊. Enjoy!

Today was crazy (of course). No IPA for me but I will have some wine Smile

Have a great afternoon everyone! Oh, hair looks fab Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

3 walking miles after work, I am getting in a groove here LOL

Sandy - I have not mentioned the forum or that I refer to her as tall friend; funny thing is she is not that tall even though my brain sees her as such ha ha.  Maybe I will just put walking friend WF LOL!  Dogs are crazy fluffy.  LIke I don't know if they can see due to hair in their face.  My older/bigger dog seriously looks like a hippie dude!

Karen - glad you are staying another week, enjoy!  Yes, I want some of these places to remain scheduling as they are.  I will also say the ladies at the DMV/SOS were very cordial, it's probably easier on them to not have a huge waiting room full of people!

CC - I am not a huge IPA girl (Boyfriend loves them) BUT I love beer and breweries!  I prefer amber ales and wheat beers!  Yes, I am a fan of the takeout booze and food!!

Damaris - that is so sad.  On a happier note, I'm glad you get to have a fall/winter!

Margaret - sounds like a super fun day with DH!!

Lizzie - whoo hoo on the hair!!  I am dealing with crisis after crisis with clients (at least in their mind).  UGHGHGHGHGH!!

AMR plan had 3 easy with 20 high knees every 5 minutes; Coach had me for 4 easy so I did that with the intervals of high knees every 5 minutes. Let me tell you.. I watched the little video of how to do high knees. Okay easy peasy. Bwahahaha. Might as well ask me to do the splits. Maybe if there was a couple of snakes that slithered out I would do a few as fast as is recommended but instead I skipped all the bouncing stuff and just lifted knees high. 45 minutes of PiYo tonight was a good topper offer.

Rest day tomorrow but will do Yin yoga class which is really just stretching stuff. Michele and I are planning on 3 hours Saturday on some hilly trails and 4 on Sunday doing the Woodstock loop. Going to be back in upper 80's again so will be sure to have salt tabs and hydration mix!

Tessa-how scary!!! Glad she is okay and drive safely yourself! it is kind of funny that yes I met the sons way back when and they were pretty much fine. I think it's the realization that I'm not just "a friend" he travels with. That I'm a big part of his life and they like having had him to themselves. Not like I change any plans they may have had; I just do them with alongside. Whatever.

Kat-yeah for being home and that you had a great time! You deserved some fun! Scary with the tire blowout in front of us. That happened on our way to Miami with DD's brand f-ing new car. Cracked the grill and there isn't anything you can do the tire remnants sort of go where they want to go.

Liz-yuck on the spider!

Damaris-I'm so sorry to hear about your friend back in Miami!

Laura-mo mojo for you Missy! LOL

HCK-that is too funny about the person not seeing their number on the screen.

Cathy-big bike ride!! Let us know how it goes!

Lori-go get that mile!

Sue-school is back in session?

Sandy-one call took over 8 hours? wow.

Karen-good call to stay the additional week. enjoy the place! The 50 mile bike ride thing got moved again to May 2021 so i won't be doing that but I did get a new comfier seat in case it was going to still happen.

CC-not an IPA gal unless it's a DIPA then it's not as hoppy. I'm more of a stout/porter or sour person.. I guess that makes me a sour and stout. Hmmm. Hope your legs are feeling better!

Margaret-I was wondering how you would react to the news of IPA day.

Lisa

Here's Folsom Lake, where I ran today.  Not shown: 85 degrees at noon with no shade (but it's a dry heat?).  I don't know how you gals do it.  I slowed way down and was dripping sweat and out of breath and glad that I only planned a short run.  No one else was out on the trails, wonder why?     i enjoyed today's outing, even with the heat.  Got a lot done today too.

Tessa, safe travels to WA.  Glad your DD is okay.

Kat, scary about the tire blowing out in front of you!  Hope work is tolerable.

Lisa, lol, despite my glee at today being IPA day, we had gin & tonics when we got home.  Something to do with half a lemon that needed to be used...

Karen, what is the "local legend" thing on Strava anyway?  Why am I not "local legend" on my street?    Nice that you have another week in CO.

Damaris, I'm sorry to hear that someone you know passed away.  50s is young!  Good that your hubby's friend is doing better.

Lizzie, yikes on the spider!  But glad that the hair appt went well!

LC, nice that your DD got the job she applied for!  And that your DMV appt went smoothly.

HCK, sleeping instead of running in the thunderstorm sounded like a good call to me.

Turtles, nice that you were able to have a good chat with a friend during your walk.

Lori, hope your run went well tonight, whatever you decided to do.

Sandy, glad that you're enjoying cousin Bobby's book!  Geez on the 8 hr calls...

Almost FriYAY!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR