Womens Running

Wishful weekendailies (Read 12 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

This is the weekend I usually have difficulty with due to major FOMO. It's the weekend of our local ultra group's 100 miles run around the county. I really want to do this again. I have only ever completed it in chunks over a set timeframe but I know I could do it in one chunk if I could keep my head in the game. Because I know I could do 100 with a generous cutoff which is why I'd LOVE to do Badger with Kat (fawr has 40 hours for one chunk of 8 days for chunks). But I swore to hubby I would never attempt 100 again.

Anyway 6 for the day

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

7 here. Speedwork is stupid.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's also a super hot weekend so I bet you're glad you're not running it for that alone. lol.

I have 10 with the last 4 faster than the first 6.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lori, sorry you're not able to join in the group run this weekend.  Even if you can't do a 100, there are plenty of shorter distances at Badger and we'd love you to come.  My pacers are set, but come along.  There is as short as a half up to 100K, since you need to pass on the 100.  Plenty of spots.  Registration up till July 15th.  PM me if you wanna chat outside of the daily thread.

Last night was fun.  After decorating our friends house, which they were tickled with, the neighbor invited us for a pizza party they were having for them.

Waiting for my GF to get back to me, which I doubt she will at this point.  I was going to drag her out for some miles.  She is probably exhausted.  Last night she thought she might join.  Now it's getting warm out and I need to get moving.

Other than miles, another day of nothing, ahhhhh.  Well, I guess I have to clean up my front yard some, nasty-gram from my HOA.

Good weekend to you all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

12....HOT......miles.....

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

12....HOT......miles.....

Acclimatization miles. And with luck Wisconsin will be cooler.

😃

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 with strides.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

10 miles and weights.

Damaris

Lori, sorry about the FOMO.  If you can swing it, you should come to Badger!

Kat, sounds like a fun day yesterday!  HOAs are stupid.

Karen, Damaris, HCK, Kat -- nice miles!

URD yesterday for me.  I volunteered to do check-in at a trail race and was going to run later, but the RD had an AS captain bail at the last minute so he asked me to fill in.  And that took up the rest of the day.  It seems like trail races around here are having a harder time finding reliable volunteers than in the past.  You get race credit and swag for doing it, so it seems like a win-win to me, but I guess people have other priorities.  The way I see it, if runners don't support local events, then one day we won't have any more local events.

Taking DH to the airport this morning and then I'll do the 10-12 miles that I was supposed to do yesterday. Plus laundry and other weekend chores.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles with 5 x 200.

GatbsyBird, a lot of the races around here raise money for various groups, so often the vounteers come from the group. With the big races, in order to have a charity team, non profits have to committ to providing 25 (I think that was the number) volunteerrs at a race put on by that management group.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Margaret, nice of you to pitch in and help.  I'm sure they greatly appreciated it.  Nile on the 12.  Hope DH isn't gone for too long.

Kathi/Damaris, nice miles.

I got a L.O.U.S.Y. 13.1 in this afternoon, luckily early as we had some wicked storms not safe to be out in.

So tickled, my coach is quite the speed demon.  He won a small race in Phoenix put on by Aravaipa (the Javalina Jundred group.)  He did the overnight 12 hour and got 68 miles in!  So happy for him.

Not much else.  Went to dinner with my running GFs, was fun.

RD tomorrow.

7 weeks to Badger.  Terrified.

K

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Kats, your miles in crappy weather is great training. It's great mind training too.  Race day may bring all kinds of weather and you're going to be PREPARED.  .You're going to do great. Believe!!!!!

Lori