Womens Running

Yeah baby, ITS FRIYAY! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

ginnyb

Wow Lizzie, awesome on your 21 miles this morning!  Shame on HCBF for scaring you, he should know better.  Enjoy your cake.

Diane....Liking the larger races because I am so slow, I don't like running alone during races , the bigger races have more of us turtles so I don't feel so lonely out there.  Funny how we are all so different in what we prefer.

Damaris...hope the headache is better.

Sue...sorry about that darn hip.

Sandy...wintering in Phoenix sounds like a dream come true.  I like the change of seasons too, but I am with you on despising winter.  If winter was only December and January that would be great, but since I know it will drag itself into April it gets very depressing.

Kat...have a good race and have fun with Lisa and Karen!  I know that you will.  I kinda wish I had registered for this one too, would have been fun.

Karen...have a great weekend with Lisa and Kat!

I was supposed to work with trainer this morning, but he texted that he wouldn't make it, since I was all ready dressed for exercise I decided to venture outside this morning since there was no trace of ice or snow or rain or anything!  Good 3 miles, I felt great, much better than the TM.  Still apprehensive with the darkness, but I got over it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Seloc

Sue - sorry about the hip - hoping the heat helps.  And REALLY hoping DS doesn't have the flu!!  Enjoy date night!!

Diane - that REALLY sounds like a fun class!

Damaris - oh no on the headache!  Hope it's short-lived so you can get your 7 and pilates in!

Kat - woot woot - you should be hitting the road!  SUPER excited for you guys.  Safe drive out there and have an awesome time!!  Hey, what did you end up doing about the glasses anyway?

Karen - woohoo on Portland!  I've never been and it''s totally on my bucket list.  One of my friends that was in MX (she lives in Seattle) brought her current boyfriend that lives in Portland so now I REALLY want to go!!  Have a GREAT time this weekend!!  So glad the cold was short-lived.

Tessa - I like to think I can work remote for a few months.  Others do.  I'm planning to bring it up to the boss at my review in the next month or so.  The RnR is in Jan (puke on that for so many reason) but I would be targeting the Phnx marathon at the end of Feb which is mostly in Mesa.  It benefits a running foundation so even better in my mind.  Nice chilly miles this morning!  Um, yeah, 20* is quite a difference between phone temp and real temp.  Glad you were prepared!

Cathy - OMG I had no idea I had such a strength difference in legs (left was stronger - same as you) until I started doing TRX.  That has helped SO much since we often do one-legged stuff - squats, skaters, lunges.  I feel like it's helped my running, too.  Yessssss it would be super duper fun to run a five oh race together.  Am I remembering you are March?  I think we are days apart?  Hey, not horrible weather for your race either.  Well, for Jan in the Midwest.  Good luck and have fun!!  MTA: just checked FB and yep!  I'm 5 days older  (no leap year in 69 haha)

Thanks for the well wishes on the half tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it!  I have a few stories saved up to distract RB with my chatting.  Including meeting creepy neighbor guy today who rang my doorbell to ask if my water was brown.  What?!  He's lived across from me a little over a year and we've never chatted.  I've tried to make eye contact/wave and he has NEVER looked up.  He came to my door and didn't even introduce himself so I barely know who it is.  Then he's all shifty and it seemed like he wanted to come in when I was perfectly comfortable chatting in the doorway since it's 46* and sunny!  He bugs me because his big ass redneck truck is too big for his garage so he ALWAYS uses MY driveway to back into his.  Why do men always have to back in to parking spots??  One of the greater mysteries in life.  This bugs me when he is tromping down on snow and dragging more on my driveway!  Haha #analfirstworldproblems  But, now I know he's weird and creepy.  Anywayyyyyyyyyy - I should have heat within the hour.  The kit kat has been hiding under the bed allllll day.  Happy almost weekend!  Just another couple hours for meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Seloc

Ginny!  Crossed with you!  So happy you've been popping in lately.  WOOHOO on the outdoor miles.  OMG I am seriously so happy for you because it makes such a HUGE difference.  Do you have a headlamp or thought of using one?  I always poo pooed them until one of my RBs gave me one for Christmas.  OMG, it's awesome!  You cannot even tell you are wearing it and it lights up huge.  Super inexpensive, too.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hey! I haven’t gotten to 60 yet..I have one more run. I don’t want to celebrate yet! Wink I am big on jinxing things. LOL.

Cake was SO.GOOD. I did a good job packing it in the freezer - it was still MOIST. Yeah, I said it. Smile

Work has been crazy. People calling me over dumb stuff like trash. ARGH. Ready to unplug but can't yet. Then its off to HCBF's nephews birthday party which is the last thing I want to do today. SO. TIRED.

Sandy - OH I am the same - I think of everyone, too Smile I randomly remembered about the half and meant to ask you about it. So, if you live in Phoenix for a few months - Could you still work from there? That would be so awesome. I would consider the Phoenix race for sure! I have always wanted to go there and I guess the temperature would be nice in February Smile I am pondering Louisiana in January 19’ too.  I moved once on my own to a new place. It is very scary…I ended up coming back to Richmond because RVA is so laid back. I missed it Smile But the experience of moving away on my own to an unknown area kind of forced me to be an extrovert. Which helped me learn a few things about myself Smile WOOHOO for TRX this morning Smile And WOHOO for awesome weather for the half! Really, that is perfect. Smile Smart to get hand warmers. I have to pick up some more myself. I know you aren’t racing this one - but it will be fun. I am sure you will motivate your friend, too Smile I am with you on the kickboxing and coordination. LOL my gym has it but I can’t keep up. Same goes for Zumba. My Dominican best friend can do that class no problem..not me!

Run4kupcakes - Thats actually where I bought my current pair of Wave rider 21’s Smile It was $105. I meant sale sale..like..under $100. LOL.

Susan - Well, I worked from home today Smile Sorry that your hip is still bothering you. Try a massage!! Oh NO on DS2!!! I hope it isn’t the flu!! The actual test to see if you have the flu is awful. I have yelled at them when they tried it on me..psshhh how dare they stick a Q tip up my nose until they reach my eyeball! AHHH.

Diane - I agree on the dairy..eggs especially. What are you up to this weekend?!

Docket - Sorry for the headache Sad But YAY no work. Hopefully the headache is gone by the time you have to run!

Kathryn - Ugh, hopefully it won’t be a constant rain - or at least not heavy. You are going to have fun regardless. You deserve a break! Good luck this weekend!!!

Karen - I hope you have an awesome time this weekend!!! How are you feeling? Better? That is exciting about the conference in Portland! I loved Portland. Good luck this weekend!!

Tessa - I hope you can make it to Twin Cities! That would be fun! I was having the same weather problem with my phone this morning..I don’t trust it either anymore. Blah. 56 and a 36 is a big difference! Maybe it was an iPhone thing this morning, I hope you are busy this weekend in a fun way??

Cathy -  I can’t wait until to are able to race again Smile 4:07 would be no problem for you! Smile

Ginny - I am so happy for you about your run outside!!! Smile Smile Maybe it was a good thing the trainer cancelled Smile

Sandy 2 - I am the same as you and Cathy with the leg strength - left. I wonder why that is. I would think right is stronger if you are right handed. No science behind that I am just saying LOL. Laughing at your creepy neighbor and OMG on men backing into spaces! That is so true!!! HCBF does it all the time. I don’t understand?? haha. So, I am guessing he isn’t cute? Hahaha. At least you were standing there talking to him. I probably wouldn’t have answered the door. Smile GOOD LUCK TOMORROW AND HAVE FUN!!!!

Have a great evening everyone!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

ginnyb

Sandy....I have thought of a headlamp, I am going to have to get one. Thanks for the input!  which one do you have Sandy?

Yep, my left leg is stronger also and I am right-handed too.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie, 6 on Sat and 12 on Sun.  Given all the stuff I typically have to do on Sat I figure Sun is my best LR day.

Damaris I hope the headache got better..

Ginny that's why I like the trail ultras....50k typically with a 50/100 miler gives me longer cut offs...lol.  Plus most people are slower on trails anyway.  I've been doing 1 legged squats to try and even out my leg strength.  All the lunges we do in that class are helping too.

Here at work we do a "birthday month" dessert thing and today we had chocolate cake  and I of course thought of you Lizzie.

Sandy:  I would cheer you on if you run the phoenix marathon Feb 2019. It's a road race so prefer to be a spectator. LOL!  But I hope to run the following week, see Diane's post.  It sells out so register early!  I haven't run that but I did run the RnR (P.F. Chang's) in Phoenix years ago.  Never again.  It's mega traffic and runners.  The Lost Dutchman is another fave but it's a trail course, awesome!!

Diane:  You will love the Lost Dutchman race, it has a HM too.  I am planning on running the trail marathon in Feb 2019. Registration opens later this year.  I ran the HM years ago.  The race is on the east side and its gorgeous scenery especially at sunup.

http://lostdutchmanmarathon.org/

https://thephoenixmarathon.com/plan-your-race/marathon/

Tessa:  the wedding is on the 3rd, Saturday in the afternoon. Can't remember the time, think it was 2 or 3 pm.  The 'run' is just a run or a race? Run distance you had in mind?

Seloc

Ginny - the headlamp I have is similar to this one https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Bright-CREE-LED-Headlamp/dp/B019MK6DX6/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=hardware&ie=UTF8&qid=1516999848&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=running+headlamp+aaa+batteries&psc=1

Lizzie - I plan to talk to my boss at review time (coming up in Feb/Mar) about working remotely for 3 mo.  Others do but who knows.  He likes people in the office.  But, he also likes me and I get a shit ton of work done so time will tell.  Oh, I've moved away before, sorta.  Did Peace Corps back in the day.  Not so worried about starting fresh it's just the logistics of it all that is daunting - sell home/buy home/get a new job/move shit haha.  Gramma 'tis LAZY.  OMG, that neighbor is SO not cute.  I think I have already forgotten his name now - oops.  Funny because I always wondered, too, and NOW I KNOW.  Creepster, party of one.  Yes!  Same goes for Zumba.  I did Zumba ONCE and spent more time laughing than actually moving haha.  Have fun tonight!  Maybe you can nap in the corner?

We have HEAT!

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy I tried Zumba once....nope.  I trip on carpet and am so uncoordinated, I have the scar on my hand from the PH fall where I scraped up my hands good on the gravel road.

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny! Good for you to get out there. I agree on the headlamp.

Sandy, backing into spots is something a lot of people are trained to do if they drive company vehicles -- it is safer backing in and then pulling out because you can see where you're going. It's unlikely there will be a pedestrian in the parking spot but there is a good chance there will be one walking behind the vehicle as you try to back out.

OK, Phoenix marathon sounds better than Arizona RnR.

Diana, did Lost Dutchman go all trail? The year I did it (2008 I think?) it was trail for the first 5 miles and I liked that, but then the next 21 miles were highway, subdivision, and industrial. Boring BORING.

I had in mind a run, not a race -- if you are looking for a race in LA area the big one that weekend is the Super Bowl Sunday 10K in Redondo Beach. However I am guessing you'll want to head out for home on sunday morning. Pasadena has some good running routes -- would you want trail or road? Distance would be up to you.

Cathy, yes I hate Las Vegas itself, but I could see driving over to run with you!

6.44 on the TM at lunch. Just got off a conference call and need to call a couple of people back.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7.25 TM miles done.  My calves are still sore from the Altra Ones I used for my MP run Wednesday, ugh. I got to admit that since the surgery, the Altras are just not as good to my legs are before.

Damaris

This has been a busy place lately!  I miss a few days and have SO MUCH to catch up on!  Ran 6.4 miles this morning, went for a walk last night.  Planning on around 10 tomorrow, sort of tapering for the 50k on Feb. 3rd.

Thinking of Karen, Kat and Lisa having a meet-up in TX this weekend!  Have fun, happy racing, and have a sloshing good time tomorrow!

Seloc, you too, for your HM tomorrow!  Hope your friend has a good day.

Lizzie, looking forward to hearing tomorrow that you completed a 60 mile week!  GREAT run today!  Ok, NOT FUNNY for HCBF to scare you like that in the car at 3:30 am!  I'd have called the cops!

Seloc, I'll be in AZ for the first weekend of November for the Revel Mt. Lemmon road marathon, in Tucson.  https://www.runrevel.com/rml  My DH really wants to do it because of the downhill course.  So if you're looking for a PR....    But it sounds like you are planning your AZ escape for a little later than that?  Vegan cheese?? Um, not sounding good.  you need to use air quotes with that one.  

CrazySue, hope that DS feels better soon and it's not the flu!  I bet it's hard being far away.  

Karen, I like Portland.  What weekend will you be there?  Unfortunately Ultra signup isn't showing any trail races within 25 miles of Portland in March.  

Tessa, I have my doubts about the temps that my phone reports too.  Either that, or 50 is way damn chillier than it should be.

Ginny, good for you for heading out for a run when the trainer cancelled!  Another fan of headlamps here.  I also carry a small flashlight.  And wear reflective gear.  I'm basically lit up light a Xmas tree.

DHuff, yes, ultra aid stations are amazing!  A buffet of good things.  And yes, very useful to keep from bonking out there.

az2mn, a meet-up with Tessa would be fun.  I was surprised at how hilly it was around Pasadena when I was there for work in December.  Of course, hills were on fire then...

Damaris, sounds like you have bagged the HM you were considering this weekend?  Or are you going to keep your hubby company?

Turtles, you are being so consistent with the strength training while resting the foot.  When are you going to Vegas?  Sorry if I missed that earlier.

Hi to Kupcakes, Kilmisters (where is she?), and anyone else that might stop by.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

So tired. I hate starting off the work week not sleeping well, because I just get more and more tired. Ugh. Got in a nice 8 miles tonight, did 3 x 10 minutes at HM or something effort. They wound up being faster than I was expecting, so I guess that's a good thing. Now getting ready to go to bed. In-laws decided we need to go to lunch with them and other family tomorrow. Have no clue what time they are going to show up at our house, could be 9am for all we know.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, no. He is not doing it either.  I have a 13 mile LR but I don't have to wake up at 4am and drive 45 minutes to get wet and run bridges when I can just run on the TM and sleep in, IMO.  Plus the medals arrived broken (poor RD).

Damaris