Womens Running

Tropical Track Thursday - Supermoms (Read 19 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 4x1000, 9K total.  My legs are tired from walking around so much yesterday, but I ate several thousand calories and I HAVE to burn some off.  Still ridiculously hot and humid here.

TR - was such a good boy at the CNE.  I'm sure his early wakeup meant dopey and dopey = well behaved.  The only time he tantrumed was at the end of the day when DH completely messed up on picking us up at the train station (apparently picking us up at the same place where he dropped us off is a foreign concept) and he was tired of waiting.  Put himself in the bath around 6:30 and in bed by 7, asleep by 7:30.  Pool & splash pad one more time this morning, as daycare lady is on vacation Wed-Fri and I need to make sure he naps this afternoon.

FR - satay chicken, peanut noodles.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

zorbs- i bet the CNE was awesome! We have a huge state fair in Syracuse, about 2 hrs away from us. I'd love to go sometime. hope the 1000's go well today! it's still ridiculously humid here too- i want the fall-like weather back! re: your question about class, most of the people who are definitely coming are newer runners/ run-walkers, so it will be easy to keep them all on the same page. it's .4 mile to the closest park, which i plan to use for the majority of our runs, perfect for a brisk warm-up walk, and easy cool-down jog. if i get some faster people, i'll have them do some speedwork loops in the park while i work with the slower runners.

RR: planning on my usual 5+ on my break today, also teaching the noon core class. ran 6.5 yesterday and did a fullbody ST workout/class. felt great!

TR: really doing well with identifying most of his letters correctly, colors and numbers. he's been pretty mellow this week, but happy. called yesterday to schedule his 2yr well-child check, and couldn't get in with the dr until the end of Sept. oops.

NRR: need to exchange a few bday gifts at Target this afternoon.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

Morning.  Back to work means a little more time around the computer.  I have been lurking though!

RR:  Hung up the running shoes on Monday.  Hoping it is nice enough to take J for a walk this afternoon.

TR:  He has grown SO much this summer.  I am really happy/blessed to have been able to spend the summer with him.  I hate leaving in the morning without seeing him.  (On the other hand, am glad that he is figuring out this sleep thing!)

NRR:  Like I said, back to work.  We start with kids on Tuesday.  Tues - Thurs of this week have been Professional Growth/Prep time.  Well, today is really our only full day in our room.  I have a list a mile long to get done.  I am definitely not feeling ready to have kids in my room in less than a week.  Contemplating working tomorrow.  Depends on how much I get done today, but also want to spend the time with my boys.

FR:  I am to the point where I feel ill after eating.  Sad

PGR:  35 weeks already.  Was checked yesterday and am 1cm and 50%.  Not that it means anything.  She did comment about how I am "all baby" which was funny.  Had a rough day yesterday with a couple times of really not feeling well and the cankles are here in full force.  I was SO tired when I got home, I napped for about an hour.  Wondering how I am going to make it through even longer days....but I know I will.

zorbs - It looks like you had a great time with Ernie and S yesterday.  What cute pictures! Smile  It is hot and humid here too which sucks.

rg - Yay for a two year old in the house!  R is SO cute!  That is awesome about his letters and colors.  To J, everything is blue.  Cute, but we need to move on.  Have a great run and day at work.  DH might be gone tonight so I was contemplating a trip to Target.  Seems like the go-to place when you need something to fill time!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

RR: SRD, need to spend some time getting my mojo up for the next few months of training. I'm at that place i the training were the weekly miles have gone from casual/doable to more focus/purposeful and I have remind myself that this is possible.

NRR: DS is 6 today so we went out to breakfast. DH has pnuemonia and I just find it totally annoying.  I have no sympathy whatsoever.  DD's unknown rash is still around, no idea what caused it

mrszackmorris

rr: 3-4m tonight.

kr/tr: open house went well. dd1 knows quite a few people in her class from 4k and swimming lessons.

kr/tr2: taking the girls school clothes shopping today.

br: spending a few hours alone with grandma.

nrr: hosting a neighborhood movie night at our house tonight outside with a projector on our garage. should be fun!

fr: need to make a bunch of snacks for tonight and figure out the cocktail situation. Hoping rp makes piña coladas bc they are just about the best thing ever.

---------

zorbs: love how my autocorrect now corrects things to zorbs. Glad you have fun at the cne and b was a good boy. That always helps!

rg: I just had to reschedule c's 2 year check since I originally made it during a time I wouldn't be able to be home to get dd2 off the bus. Oops.

runninmer: cannot believe it is back to school already. Last night being at open house I realized that I honestly don't miss it at all. Yay for J figuring out sleep! Does he get that a baby is coming?

Dexy: happy birthday to DS!!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning! Sorry for all the selfish posting, I probably won't be back today either.

RR - rest day! Yay!

TR - was such a good girl yesterday and had a blast. Went to the gym with me, then we went and took the train downtown to go up the Calgary tower then had lunch and didn't get home till after 3. She watched An episode of Sesame Street while I cleanEd. Today we are going to heritage park and she's super excited bc there are rides Smile

BR - hardly slept yesterday but still had lots of fun. Put her down when we got home and it took her a half hour to settle and then she napped until after 5;30.

Nrr - at heritage park this morning then M has daycamp (the last one) then my parents come for the weekend. Busy but fun. I need to find time to do some laundry -!at the very least the bedding in the spare room.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

RR - 6k, I think I'll end at the splash pad so I can run through it.

TR - Was a very good girl at the CNE, other than pulling my shirt down and exposing my boob to a guy sitting across from us on the train ride there. She didn't want to sit much in the wagon Zorbs and I rented, but I expected as much. Also, despite missing her nap and walking around in the heat all day, she still played outside for two hours after dinner and did not go to bed until 9:30 pm. Madness.

FR - Dijon and balsamic glazed pork, egg noodles, swiss chard and carrots

NRR - No plans today, it'll be a fairly low key day of playing outside, and hitting up the playground and splash pad.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CTimesTwo

Hi just checking in real quick..

ER/RR - nope

TR - since i took the day off i got up with her this AM... the nanny came over at the same time I went to get her and when we opened her door she was already standing in her crib waiting.. so cute... not so cute was her face though when I handed her off to the nanny.. her lip curled up and her entire face crumpled and she started bawling...

NRR - heading cross border shopping soon.. DH and I are both still lounging in bed.. ha... since we won't have C with us we get to take our time and go to stores that we normally don't get to stop in at..

zorbs - glad B was behaved and sounds like he got some good sleep!

mer - Hi!  Wow 35 weeks already?  Time flies!  DH starts teaching again on Tuesday and he said he's already having nightmares... not sure why, he's teaching phys ed/rotary again, which is what he's taught the past 2 years..

rg - when we went for C's 15 month appointment she was basically 16 months...our doc gets booked up fast too!

dexy - happy birthday to DS!!

mrsz - having a neighbourhood movie night sounds pretty cool!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: SRD

TR: I'm having a really hard time with him lately. He's just being so mean- I'm missing a piece of my nose that he clawed off while I was helping him potty at 5 am the other day. I told daycare lady about him doing something mean and then saying "I'm funny!" hopefully she can help me nip that one in the bud. Last night he was so horribly bratty after I picked him up from his godmother's. I'm pretty sure she just feeds him sugar all day and lets him prolong taking a nap until 3 pm. I was absolutely wiped by the time he went to bed, and then he screamed like he was being tortured for at least a half an hour until I was able to work some toddler psychology magic on him- I shut his door (which he HATES) for a good 10 minutes or so and let him scream, then came to his door and told him I would open it if he laid down and was quiet, but if he stood up or cried again I was going to shut it again. It worked, thank goodness. But he woke up in the middle of the night screaming again and ended up in our bed- I don't know if its nightmares or what, but that shit is getting old.

FR: Corn chowder last night, maybe teriyaki or yakitori tonight?

NRR: So ready for the weekend already. DH and I need to pick out interior/exterior colors for our house and start thinking about tile. I'll probably buy our appliances too.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- so is CNE kinda like a big state fair kind of thing? I'm so happy that daycare is open again today, R is such a brat when I come home after he's been with DH or Trudy all day. She will be closed for a week again in Sept though.

runnergirl- Happy belated birthday to R! His cake turned out so cute! R is starting to be able to name colors too.

Mer- how long will your mat leave be this time?  I can't believe you are 35 weeks already, we've had a Supermom baby bonanza this summer!

Dexy- Ugh, i hope my Dh doesn't get ill like that ever- he is so hard to convince to go to the doctor. His doctor moved away 2 years ago and he hasn't found a new one and hasn't been to the Dr in all that time other than the allergist.

mzm- What movie will you be watching?

CA- funny that you have a place called Heritage Park that has rides- there is something just like that about 5 mins from MIL's house. We went on the Alpine Slide once- it was crazy.

Ernie- that's cool that you guys were able to rent a wagon, I wondered if you guys had schlepped that on the train from home!

cx2- what kind of stuff do you shop for in the US? Dairy probably? I just know there are restrictions on fresh produce and border crossings.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I would definitely come to your class.

mer - boo on having to hang up the running shoes.  OTOH, it won't be for too long!

dexy - the length of the runs and total mileage freaks me out a bit on paper, but when I'm actually "in" that week/day, I don't think about it.  One step at a time.  You'll make the time to do the runs.  And then I try to remember that I put myself through this because I want to do well at the marathon and for race day to suck as little as possible!

mrszm - that sort of makes me giggle that you have movie night in your garage.  This is the screen at DH's office and where he would have movie night.  120" screen.

CA - B and S were more interested in playing with rocks on the ground than going on rides.

ernie - I don't know how you carried her around all day.  I carried B off the train and most of the way through the tunnel maze at the train station and my arms were about to fall off.

cx2 - I would love to go cross border shopping but I don't think DH would ever be up for that.

spike - yakitori sounds good! I kind of think of CNE as local, but as its name states, Canadian NATIONAL Exhibition, I guess it is national.  There's home & garden shows, lots of crappy knicknacks to buy, farm animals, food vendors trying to outdo each other with junk.  There is one in Vancouver called the PNE.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

zorbs - Considering the humidity, junk food binge and tired legs, I'd say you ran some seriously good paces this morning. Being able to carry S around with ease assures me I am doing a good job with my ST Smile. Carrying B around would be a different story, though...he is twice S's age and I'm sure he is way heavier!

rg - Your running class sounds like it will be great! Ha, I am notoriously bad about remembering to book well-child checks until after S reaches the age in question. She turned 18 months on Aug 22 and I didn't book her appointment until the next day, so it's not until the second week in September. I'm sure it doesn't matter.

Mer - Wow, 35 weeks! It seems like just yesterday you announced you were pregnant! I hope the last month or so of work goes fast for you and you get to take naps everyday after work!

Dexy - Happy birthday to DS! Hope all the family ailments clear up fast.

Mrszm - Great that dd knows kids in her class already! Movie night sounds fun! Our neighbours set up a projector screen with couches and a bar in their garage earlier this month. It's pretty cool.

CA - I am looking forward to the day S can sit still for a whole episode of Sesame Street while I clean. How old was M before she was able to do that?

Cx2 - Enjoy your day off! Did you take tomorrow off too so that you could have an extra long weekend?

Spike - Sorry R is being so difficult for you. I hope it's a short-lived phase. Ha, schlepping that wagon on the train would have been terrible. We decided to just rent a wagon once we were there rather than schlepping our strollers on the train, because I knew S would refuse to sit in her stroller so there was no point in me pushing an empty stroller around all day.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Ernie - M wasn't good w/ TV at S's age either, she has really gotten into it in the last year or so, which is nice since I've been busy w/ O - I was worried when I was pgr and M had no attention span for TV, not that she watches a lot but it's nice to have for a half  hour or hour!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/