Womens Running

Friday goes by so slowly..Supermoms (Read 354 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

jen - ha, the skirt is for me, the shorts are for DH.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Leeleeche

Jen - yes, it is different when it is your own kid although the first time DS had a bug I freaked put! It gets a little easier every time and always mades me feel proud of myself when I help them through it. I can't eat though, sometimes for weeks. If I end up getting the illness it sucks but the anxiety goes away. Spike - I am particular about cleaning it myself. I know it sounds counter intuitive but it is the only way I know it's done right! Your bosses grease habit is scaring me too! That is not good and not all damage is reversible!
      Marathonjen

leelee - Ok...this puke talk is making me nervous...but I get what you are saying.  If you finally do get sick than the anxiety of getting sick goes away because it's over.  I haven't had the stomach flu since I was in 2nd grade (I'll probably get it now that i said it) but I did get sick 2 times in 2004 once after my first massage and once from mild food poisoning.  At least I am not nearly as freaked out about it as I used to be...yep I was WAY worse.  

superspike113

Honorary Old

Lee- I get it. DH does a half ass job when he cleans up after dog accidents so its just better if I do it, especially with R on the floor so much.

zorbs- I never looked at the Lulu men's stuff, my DH is so particular, maybe he would like it?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - the only other lulu item DH owns is a sweatshirt I bought him years ago, and he says it is "too warm". whatevs.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Leeleeche

Jen - I know, the talk makes me crazy nervous! I went about 20 years without getting sick but then got sick while pg 7 years ago and about every other year since. Now the I have lived through it a few times, I know that the anxiety is way worse than actually getting sick but it doesn't stop it from coming. The phobic part of my brain still panics. Do you know why you have the fear? I worked with a therapist for a while and nailed it down to abandonment issues which is why I have to take care of the kids when they're sick. The work that I did helped a lot. I still have the day to day fear but I don't panic nearly as much when I am in a situation.
              Marathonjen

Lee - No idea why...I think because when I was sick my mom would get super angry to the point of making me feel bad for being sick.  She wasn't angry at me...she was angry that I was sick but it came across as anger with me.  I also think it is a control issue. It is something I can't control and I HATE that.  The fear of losing control of my body and what is does scares me.  Other than that...not real sure.  My cousin has the exact same thing that I do and our siblings and other cousins don't get it.  He is a 28 year old so we are both trying to figure out what we have in common that makes us fear this so much.  I also hate blood, guts, the smell of hospitals extra.  Ugh...I get nauseous when I walk into a hospital.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Went to go buy the last little bit of my gift exchange gift and found a cute pair of Brooks shorts on clearance for $20 and snagged them for myself. I haven't even tried them on yet lol.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Afternoon ladies... 

RR - just did a 45 min Nike workout while watching survivor Smile

TR - was a very good girl while I drug them around doing errands this morning.  Took off her pullup last night in the night and peed the bed, DH got up and changed everything.  I think we're going to start taping her pullup on.

BR - having a great nap!  I think I might try spike's suggestion of a faster flow nipple on the bottle - or have DH try that tomorrow.  we'll try a couple things but if it doesn't work then I'll just not bother.  It's only anther month till she should be ok for 4 hrs between daytime feeds, and then 2 mos till she eats solids, and then I'll start the sippy.

FR - getting takeout chinese tonight.  It was supposed to be a dinner out but instead we'll eat with MIL, celebrate her bday, and then DH and I will go to a wine bar, and maybe to a movie if we can stay awake that late.

NRR - almost have everything for my advent calendar for M - I wanted a felt nativity scene but couldn't find one locally and of course didn't plan this with enough time to order anything online, so I got a bulletin board nativity set, it should work ok though, I don't have quite enough characters but I'll just print out a few extra sheep or camels or something.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/