Womens Running

Recovery Monday (dailies) (Read 17 times)

Seloc

Hmmmm now if only a cook came with it!!  

DH bought one of these a few months ago and I agree, it's pretty awesome. He's done burgers, chicken, veggies, eggs, pancakes. My favorite is probably eggs on there, scrambled and we put whatever we have in the pantry or fridge in with them - mushrooms, tomatoes, leftovers from the day before, even a can of tuna once. The veggies were really good too. The best part is he does the cooking and cleans it up after.

LC Runs

Kat - I think we cross posted!  Ugh so sorry about the work woes and that is bull that you are scheduled to work every holiday, WTH??  I imagine holidays are busy since nothing else is open.  You probably mentioned it, but what kind of lights did you get?  I bet it looks great!

Sandy - nice 7!  I like Randall too and Jack wowza!!  I'm actually a couple of seasons behind though I can watch it on Hulu.  I suppose I can watch and just hope bad things happen to Kevin LOL!

Margaret - nice 11.2!  I started listening to music about 2 years ago (or podcasts), never bothered with it before that but now I am hooked ha ha.

Karen - yes, they are pretty cool, the one we got wasn't even that expensive, I think around $140 - I know they make several different models, he wanted one that was easy to take camping.  The eggs were great, he said the fat from the bacon was perfect to cook the eggs in (not the healthiest but...). And yes, he cleaned it all up so works for me!

Baking some brownies and going to hit the store to get DD some fall decor, thought I would give her something for a housewarming gift.  Grilling hamburgers for dinner and that's the extent of my day!

ccoakley

Kilmister, wow does that race sound horrible!  Congrats on finishing, I can't even imagine how long I would cry or how many obscenities would be be yelled if I encountered a wall of rocks.  How did your friend fare?

Liz, nice run in the chilly am.  The kids are playing with other kids and have so much more fun when there are other kids.  School starts this week so we'll see if the playgrounds empty out a bit.

Sandy, great run this morning.  Is the trail along the river as pretty as the strava map looks? that sounds like a very active fun weekend.  I grill so much cause I think it's easier than regular cooking.  And my dad always said you can't grill without a beer in your hand so...

CrazySue, glad everything's going so well with the new dog.  So jealous of your pool.

Karen and Damaris, enjoy your RDs!

Kats, that's horrible that they try to stick you with all the holidays!!! How do they not have a more fair setup even drawing names out of a hat would be better.

LCRuns, good run, burgers and brownies YUM!

Gatsby, living that close to the fires sounds so scary.  Hope your AQ improves soon.

Did 6 mi this am.  I'm horrible at keeping a steady pace so I tried to stay at 9:45 after warming up and man do I need more practice.  I think part of it is my garmin but my pace varies by as much as a min/mi every 2-3 blocks.  Hamstring still feels mostly good so I think if I play off any speed work for a couple weeks I'll be OK.

Set up the slip n slide in the front yard for the kids, we have a nice hill so it makes it more fun.  Went to a local nursery I've been meaning to check out and bought 7 blueberry bushes to plant in the backyard.  I'm not 100% sure we get enough sun but we're calling it an experiment and we'll see.  Probably going to do naan pizzas on the grill again for dinner.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)