Womens Running

WARM and Wonderful Weekendailies (Read 13 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Warm?  Definitely here, another 100+ day.

Wonderful?  Stuck home, but NOT working for another week, so it counts.

Weekend?  If someone tells me it is, I could get used to not working...

POST!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have either 8 or 14. Not sure which one I want to do.

Happy Birthday, Karen!

Kat, hope you can leave the house soon!

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Damaris, technically I could leave yesterday with a mask, but I am choosing not too other than picking stuff up curbside.  Tuesday night I am releasing myself!  Pub night.  And I feel great.  Sniffly, but that's it.

It's Karen's Birthday!!!  Woot Woot, hope your race went well.

K

Anonymous Guest

Why yes, it is Karen's birthday! Thanks for the good wishes.

Ran a great 10k this morning. I was not looking forward to it after the miserable 5k I ran a few weeks ago. It was just as hot and miserable out this morning, and this course was hilly (the 5k was relatively flat). But I ended up running the 10k almost as fast as I ran that 5k! A guy that passed me in that 5k was a minute per mile slower than me today - that shows how much better I felt today. This was my first race in my new age group and I won that age group by over 10 minutes - not a lot of old ladies ran the 10k. When they announced my AG win, no one cheered louder than this 50-year-old that comes in second in every local race to me. She came up and wished me a happy birthday and was so, so excited I aged out of her age group. She said she always keeps an eye on me and tries to keep up but just can't. That was a nice ego boost. I didn't tell her that I was born at 8 am, and since the race started at 7, I was technically still 54 the entire race....

Stopped at Starbucks for my free birthday drink on the way home, and have no real plans for the rest of the day.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats!

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Awesome job Karen!!!  Funny on the new AG.  Way to rock out it out for the win.  Woot Woot.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Not warm here. Just more rain. Just under 4 with strides.

KatS, I took last week off, I agree, could definteily get used to that.

Docket, enjoy whichever you chose.

AnonymousGuest, Happy Birthday! Are most fo the races near year 5 year AG? Here most are 10 except for the larger races that I tend not to do. Congrats on the new AG win!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy birthday Karen!

5 yesterday and 10 today. First double digits in a long time.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Happy day-after birthday to Karen!  Great job at the race!

Kat, I could definitely get used to not working, which is something I think every Sunday.

Damaris, nice running this weekend.

HCK, same, most AG here are 10 years except maybe larger races which I rarely do.  Nice rainy run.

MTA:  Hi Lori!  Cross posted.

I had a good, hilly trail run yesterday with Marin Trail Sisters, a little over 12 miles, although I paused my watch and missed tracking some of it.  The runs are no-drop so everyone waits at the intersections for all runners to catch up.  Some of the trails were new to me so I was glad to be with the group.  I was chatting with a person from the San Jose TS (south of me) and some of their runs might be do-able since they vary in location and aren't always down in San Jose.  I just joined that group so we'll see.

Today, I have 8 miles on the schedule, will stay closer to home in the lovely coastal fog.  Then I need to get some chores done.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

6 slow, hot, sweaty miles this morning. Record heat yesterday, same expected today. Time to get out.

HCK, yes, most races are 5 year age groups here. They have a weirdly large number of races, mostly 5ks and a few 10ks. The all do 5 year age groups and give out crappy little medals for AG prizes. No masters, just first o/a and age groups. Except for the 5k I found a few months ago that had very small turnout and gave out cash prizes......you can bet I'll do that one again.

Gatsby, hmm, I should look a little closer at the Austin Trail Sisters group. Maybe they do some north of town, which wouldn't be that far from me. Thanks for the idea!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.8 with 2 sets of (2 x 200 + 2x400+ 2x200). Did one set on the flat parking lot and the second on the "hillier" bus loop.

Woohoo!! Weekends pass way too quickly.  Watched Cameron and Minna yesterday, went well.

Today DS2 and family came over to swim, Huddy is such a cutie.

Ran 3.5 this morning. Still such a slog in the heat.

The local running club uses 5 year AG, which is nice. Some of the awards are small ceramics that work nicely as Christmas ornaments. The July 4th race they were fish. The big winners got ceramic fish plates, all locally made. Much better than crappy plastic trophies.

I was planning to cut the grass today but it rained last night and looks like it may rain again soon. Oh well. Sew time!!

Have a great day !