Womens Running

What the HECK WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Karen, DD had the gallon stuff and since the facility was in Tulsa I elected to get a hotel nearby rather than chance a 2 hour drive with very limited pull over opportunities.

Kat, I hope the kitty gets better and Petunia too.  Since BB will be my first 50 miler (darn now I'm getting nervous) I think I'll skip Dogwood Canyon in Nov.

Tessa, right now I have Sept penciled in for the Sizzling Sasquatch, labor day weekend in Coalgate, OK.  Coalgate is easy for me to drive to, and only 3 or so hours away.  There is a 50k Sat and Sun (along with HM, FM, 5k and 10ks) and on Mon they have the FM (and the others) but no 50k.  One bad thing is it's a 3.5 mile or so looped trail.  I'm thinking maybe back to back 50k's and good prep for a 24 hour event in the future.  Oct will be the PH 50k rematch in Tahlequah, and then I'm going big (well for me, lol) and doing the Brazos Bend in TX in Dec.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  I am in court all day (just turned on my laptop for the afternoon session).  I have 4 miles and weights tonight and then I can pick Bugsy up at the vet after 8pm if he has not thrown up any food (he hasn't so far).  My dad is coming today and he is cooking us dinner too.

Lizzie, nice run.  Thanks!

Laura, it's hard when you work with someone that's not pulling their weight, but hoping this is the catalyst for her to start doing more.

Judy, awww, poor cat. I didn't know they made those either!

Diane, those temps sound great to me (without the wind).  And for December, I suspect they are mild?

Sandy, nice 3!  Well, their buttermilk chicken tenders are not too bad so that's my go to whenever I am forced to eat there.

Karen, good luck with the prep and keep us posted on the weight.  Yeah, one thing is hearing people say it and another thing is believing I can achieve it.  I am finally starting to believe it.  The fact that I wasn't too sore post race makes me giddy even.  I could have run Tuesday, even Monday (although my ass hurt still then).

Cathy, awwww.  Don't tell her yet (although you are risking someone telling her for you at this point, at school).  I know my mom ruined it for me early enough (even though I was already suspecting something weird).

Kathryn, nice 6.  Good luck on the race!

Tessa, yeap.  Not worth a PR or whatever if you're going to finish loaded. LOL.

As to all these accusations, it's not surprising but at the same time, everybody and their mother are coming out of the woodwork with things that do not even sound like abuse (while others are super bad), so I wonder if those will eventually start hurting the most terrible ones (minimizing their effect).  It's systemic, that is clear.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Garrison Keillor now too.....

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy day at work which is good! Thanks for listening to me vent ladies! My mind is just going crazy and I am worried about losing my HCBF. I just need to have a talk with him and get it over with!

Laura – That is not stupid! I would have been angry over that also. Your response was PERFECT. You are right – things have to come to a head in order to get better. A lot of things haha. Good for you for applying to another job. A lateral move is OK in my book if you are going to be happier in the end!

Judy – Short scrubby and feisty..LOL! Amber alert for a house cat?! SERIOUSLY? Uhm..I would be mad. Have a good run and a great time at dinner!

Diane – Whew, that is cold! Just remember that you will most likely feel about 15 degrees warmer than that. A lot can change between now and then too!! I completely agree with you on this sexual misconduct stuff. I feel like it’s a bit out of control at this point! I am sure what he did exactly will come out at somepoint. Babysitting is a good idea haha. I always hear that its different with your own though. A rowing machine!!! That is an awesome idea. Those things are hard.

Sandy – OOOO updating the shower next year? That is exciting!! I agree with your take on Matt! Why is this all suddenly coming out? Its just weird. There has got to be something pretty justifiable though. Who the heck knows. Nice job on the miles this morning! Sorry you were coughing but I bet you felt good to get out there. Your MX trip is going to be so much fun! WOOHOO! My gloves..I have had them for years so I think they are just falling apart. I use mittens rather than gloves..I had a hard time keeping my fingers warm in regular gloves. I just need to buy a new pair. Just an FYI – we all feel fluffy around this time of year. Hahaha. How often do we get to eat this good?!

Karen – I didn’t even think of the fact that you can’t eat anything after your run. BLAH. I get less hungry after a run too. What is with that? NO, don’t apologize..I am glad that I am not the only one that has been in this situation. I don’t think I really need advice..I think I just needed to vent. The one person I usually vent to – HCBF – I can’t right now. Plus I cry everytime I even try to talk to him because he is my everything and I don’t want him to leave! Sigh. Nice tips for Diane! I completely forgot about running GEAR. Duh Liz. HANG IN THERE!!

Cathy – I guess Santa likes Italian! LOL. Hmm..I wonder if she does still believe. Its cute either way Smile Hmm good idea about the cheap gloves. But they are gloves not mittens right? I have better luck with the mittens for some reason. I hope we can work things out too. Its almost more me being brave enough to admit it to him. That is going to be the hardest part. Good point about the elliptical.  OH meant to tell you - thanks for the suggestions on the shoe  insert! I bought one and the first couple days I was wearing it it made it worse - but now..I don't even notice it and I haven't had any additional PF pain. Wooho! Thanks!

Kathryn – WOOHOO nice job on the run!! Sorry to hear about Katie and Petunia Sad UGH on work being slow. I am sure that makes the day drag. I saw that about Garrison Keillor!! What the heck is going on!

Tessa – LOL at your explanation to Cathy. That is probably so true. Doesn’t want to jeopardize gifts! Nice miles this morning and good news about the kitties. Twin Cities marathon registration opens in Feb. Does that mean you are coming?!

Docket – Hope you can get Bugsy tonight! Have fun with your dad! 100% agree with your take on the accusations.

OH we got onsite security dogs! I just met them..SO. CUTE. I was like, how am I going to get any work done? I am just going to want to go play with them!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, Jello sets a lot faster if you make it with ice cubes rather than the cold water. Do you have another box? If so, do the hot water part to dissolve the Jello then use ice cubes to set it. Or I bet the grocery store has Jello in little cups in the refrigerated section.

Diane, good thinking on booking a hotel. You do not want to be driving when you have drunk that prep stuff!

Damaris, some things aren't worth it. I know Grete Waitz won NYCM one year after having had the worst happen to her in the middle of the race, but I think it might be a bit different if you are winning the event.

Diane, 3.5 loop? Um. I have done one multi loop course (12 2.4 mile loops) and I didn't like it that much.

Liz, hope the talk goes well. Remember you don't have to make any decisions at this point.

I might do TCM again, still deciding.

Onsite security dogs? What brought this on? (Maybe one of them will mistake mammel for a fire hydrant...we can hope.)

No gym today. Meeting got called at the last minute just before noon, that went for some time, then I had to call someone in the Eastern time zone before she left and I spent a long time walking her through a new-for-her procedure. So went and got my library books instead!

dhuffman63

Trails

Tessa, there's the Do Wacka Do on Sept 9th, it's in Erick, OK.  I have that one on my maybe list.  Or you can do Pumpkin Holler with me.  It's in Oct, Tahleqhah, OK.  It's a big loop for the 50k with one short out and back at the Nature Center.  I'm out for revenge this year at the 50k.

http://www.dowackadotrailrun.com/runinformation.htm

Oh and I got my birthday gift for me ordered today...Hoka Speedgoats.  Free 2 day shipping.

Has anyone ever run with KT tape on their lower back or one of those patches?  I'm so afraid of a repeat of the back issues I had from the deer encounter.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights and core. At least my legs are feeling better. There must be a weird camber to the NCR trail, any race I've done on it, while both quads are sore, the left one is worse.

Lizzie, tough call on the HCBF & kids. Are the on-site guard dogs friendly? If so, how much guarding are they going to do?/

LCRuns, ugh on the work drama. Hopefully getting things out in the open help.

JudyRuns, never heard of an Amberr Alert for a pet. I get them for just odd locations. I was driving to my parents in western MD and got one for PA. Which, yes, PA is close. But it was on the opposite side of the state, almost to Ohio.

Hi All!