Womens Running

Sunshine WEEKENDS!! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

Very hot. And smoky. And windy. I added up the week and I have a grand total of 16.6 miles. I have a full next weekend. Stinky is me.

Karen, congratulations on the expected new arrival!

Margaret, thanks for volunteering, glad your friend's race went well.

I may not be able to make Glass City, but when is it?

Susan, my sister defines glitter as the herpes of the crafts world. Acquisition process might be fun but then it is a nuisance and you are stuck with the fallout.

What's wrong with the correct names? Although Kat you could have told him that if you couldn't call it his penis then you were coing to call it his weenie -- with the accent on the "wee".

Elina, I was reading you have fires too, everything OK?

Busy weekend, of course, since I was out for two weeks. Did a lot of necessary stuff like cleaning bathrooms and replacing the headlight on my car. Also supervised a pick of 400 pounds of oranges, went to a dinner at my mother's house, and served at church this morning. I am enjoying a little downtime catching up with the newspapers before going back to chores and homework.

Stay cool, everyone...

Gatsby Bird, the bulk of the halfs and fulls around here are spring or fall, so it is a pick your poison type deal. Fall races, it's gonna be hot & humid. Spring you run that chance of anything and everything. I like these 2 pictures from a winter full. It is President's Day weekend. Many years, snow or cold. The one year it was near 80 and humid.

Wow, hard to imagine that those pics were from the same event!

Karen, if I BQ in November, it would be for 2020 Boston too.  See you there!  

Kilmisters, nice pic.  Sounds like a route that I'd enjoy!

Ginny, although we've never met in person, I feel like I've known you for a long time.  Looking forward to seeing you at Glass City!

Lizzie, I don't think Glass City prices go up until they sell a certain number of spots at the lower prices (or December 31, whichever is first).  https://runsignup.com/GlassCityMarathon They said that they could give us a 15% discount code after Labor Day (and hopefully he actually does it!).  One more sleep until the new Harley!!

Tessa, the Glass CIty marathon is on April 28, 2019.

Hey, I don't think I've shared my TRT pic here (I have posted it on pretty much every forum )  This pic makes me happy.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

HCK, that race course passed by less than a mile from my house. I ran the marathon in 2011, it was cold and I think there was snow on the ground but the roads were clear. I think it was canceled the next year for snow. I was supposed to run the relay in 2015 and they canceled the race as our first runner was still out on the course. Me and the other runner on our team were at the exchange waiting when they canceled so waited for our runner and then headed back in my car. The drive back to the start and then home was probably one of the scariest I've done. I was really glad I was moving to TX a month later and wouldn't have to do that again!

Gatsby, I love that picture.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My 15 went well and all, and then I stepped on a cat bowl and the bowl hit the bone on my ankle.  WTF that hurts.  It's a bit swollen and green and it hurts as bad as when you hit that part of the elbow that makes you wish you had died?  LOL.

Damaris

My 15 went well and all, and then I stepped on a cat bowl and the bowl hit the bone on my ankle.  WTF that hurts.  It's a bit swollen and green and it hurts as bad as when you hit that part of the elbow that makes you wish you had died?  LOL.

Two words for you: bubble wrap.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR