Womens Running

Bombdiggity FRIDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRIYAY!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.1 for me this morning!

Oh man, AWESOME run. I was due for one. Dewpoint wasn't awful..in the 60's. I will take it. I was still feeling so awful yesterday..just tired and lethargic. I thought maybe I could use some carbs..so HCF and I had pizza for dinner last night. I seriously feel 10x better today. I woke up feeling "rested" and my run was awesome. Hmmm 

Felt good not to get up at 2am!!! Smile Long run tomorrow - dewpoint is supposed to stay in the 60's until Sunday. I am hoping the run tomorrow isn't too awful! Smile

May head to the grocery during lunchtime. Depends on how the day goes! I have to go at some point today.

Docket – Don’t be silly – you look awesome! BUT..those damn photographers do seem to get awful angles. We are our own worst critics! I know I am! Glad you had fun at OTF. Ugh on the storm!

Judy – Hope you had a good run!

OH so the train station meeting went well. This event coordinator there..sucks. She..hm..I get a bad vibe. I think I am a pretty good judge of character based off first impressions..I didn't get a good one from her. So, day of coordinator (outside vendor) is a MUST. I am also going to make sure I get everything in writing. Anyway, if you guys remember Sandy had mentioned the Bachelorette show is doing their next episode in RVA. The train station is one of the stops they make. So, the train station is having a "viewing" party on Monday to celebrate. There will also be a drawing to win a "free wedding"!! It would include the train station venue, dress, tux, flowers and wedding bands. I think we are going to go. I never win anything but might as well try!

Hope this Friday goes fast!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MiniK is a regular on the forum! Cute picture of her.

Docket Rocket, great work on the race! Nice pictures!

Thursday was a fun 60 minutes running with my friend. She and I sometimes end up meeting somewhere on her route. It surely was humid out there. Ospreys were active in the nest and a Great Blue Heron flew just a few feet above my head. It was like being buzzed by a pterodactyl!

Not sure about what I will do today. Hot is starting to increase here.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

TGIF!!!  Hit the pool this morning for an easy swim.

You know it is going to be a challenging day at work when 2 knitting projects and some embroidery are in your work bag!! No really--I need to fix a mistake and use my window as a lightbox to trace a pattern.  The light is SO good in my office. Not many people are in on Fridays, so I may use the "...finish this and you have 5 minutes of stitching " as my "carrot " for the day.

Damaris--I always look like a goon in race pics. You did have some good ones, though.

Lizzie--good luck on the drawing---that would be an awesome prize to win.

Elina--cute pic of Mini K!

Got my hair cut yesterday and then watched grand baby while DD got her hair cut.  It is so rare that I just sit still--was nice to just sit and rock her. Watching her again while they go to a wedding. Smile

We have house chores planned for the weekend.  I would be thrilled if I can finish all the inside painting (one door + baseboards) and the kitchen ceiling. DF is installing a ceiling into the patio roof. Also have the BIG commissary shopping trip for the wedding week.

Have a fun day!!

Anonymous Guest

In addition to hot and humid (80/77) at the start of my race tomorrow, I have learned that there is no shade on the course, and the Saharan dust cloud will have made it here by then making the air quality even worse. Now thinking 8:30 pace to start instead of 8.

I have not run yet. I slept in again. It's already in the 80s, so I better get out there as it's just going to get worse.

Back later.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Karen - omg yuck on tomorrow!  That sounds pretty awful.  But knowing badass you, you will run and kick booty!!  Gotta say I'm not loving your weather you've decided to share.  Only in winter, please!    How is the back feeling today?  Weird sickness - glad it was short-lived.

Sue - haha I love your carrot!!  I suspect next week is going to be similar to today - not much going on.  Good luck getting everything done tomorrow!!

Judy - stay cool!

Lizzie - I'm excited you "slept in" (for Lizzie for a Friday.  NOBODY would ever consider 4am wakeup sleeping in).  I'm also excited for your longer run tomorrow where again you do not have to get up in the middle of the night!  I totally get excited about running new routes!  OMG I am sending you all sorts of lucky duck vibes.  I will be doing cartwheels in the hallway if you guys win!!  I'm also super duper pumped to watch on Monday.  Sometimes I wait and watch it OnDemand on Tuesday but not this week!!  I do believe you may be slightly less humid tomorrow but at that point what does it really matter.  Hope the wedding planner works out.  Weird about the lady at the venue.  Have fun at the BBQ and HOORAY for no plans on Sunday!!  Have you guys finished Goliath?

Cathy - okay, you didn't sweat at ALL on your 28min joggity jog?  Jealous!  I think I would sweat even WALKING for 28min haha.  Glad you get a couple days off next week.  We were talking at the gym and we all agree it's just going to be a washout week.  Nothing will be getting done haha.  Fine by me!  Hoping that means less email to sift through after being out for a few.  Whew that's a hot one for you and DDs race tomorrow!  Good luck and stay safe!

Elina - awwwwwwwwww super cute pic of Mini-K!  I'm with Lizzie, though, is it really that cool there??  It looks darn perfect!!

Damaris - love love LOVED the RR!  Especially since it came just in time for my lunch break   How many states are you at now?  You look great!  Like Lizzie said, we are all our own worst critics.

Somewhat related...  have any of you seen the ESPN Body Issue?  I bring it up because Jessie Diggins is in there.  She was the gold medal winner in X-Country skiing this past winter and she's from MN.  Anyway - because I saw her in there I linked to her blog where she wrote about body image and how we, as women, all need to appreciate our bodies for what they can do.  Nothing new but a good reminder!

TRX/Bells class.  Arms are still shaking!  Man, tomorrows run is going to by steamy.  79*/73* temp/dewpoint.  Will head out planning on 9 or 10 but giving myself permission to cut it short.  Said 'no' to the RBs as I want to run my own slow pace for a change.  I am not good in that kind of weather at ALL.  Hair appt at 11am then to cat sit.  Got all my chores done last night so I can just play or be lazy all weekend!  Later!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 miles tonight.  I went to bed with a light migraine and woke up with it still.  After Sbux, it felt better, so I wonder if it's a caffeine headache (I didn't have any Thursday). I don't drink coffee this often but with the new schedule I have every day.  Hmmm.

Liz, nice run.

Judy, after my experience with the bees during the race, remind me never to go to Jurassic World or I would be picked up by a pterodactyl for sure. Smile

Susan, good luck with the knitting.  Finish them in between projects or as a break or something.

Karen, ugh.  We have those Saharan Sands in PR and they wreck my asthma horribly.  Stay safe.  BTW, looks like Missoula will be hot AF.

Sandy, I have not checked that out but I will.  Sure I can appreciate my body more if it didn't have fat rolls... Wink

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris that's fuel for long runs not fat rolls.

I did laundry and not any miles last night.  My back is hurting again but I think it's the bed.  It's a pillow top and soft as all hell.  I'm so glad I have a massage tonight.

Good luck Lizzie, I hope you win.

Judy, we went to see Jurassic World last weekend...I would not want to be buzzed by a pterodactyl. I'd be nothing but a snack.

Sandy there was an article/picture on FB about one of the softball players who was in the Body Image issue and she was proud of what her body could do.  I was so happy to see that.  I don't think there's any women who haven't had issues with how she looked at one point or another.

Marketing and advertising hasn't helped the body issue problem either. I think as women we spend a lot of time "comparing" at least I know that has been my problem.  I "see" how others are faster, stronger, and what I think of as "better" and then it's depressing.  But if I only look at my results I can't help be proud of the fact that I have improved tremendously, from a start with 5ks in 2015 to improving my 50k time from 12 hours to 9:37 in just 8 months.   So yes, I'll never be an elite but I'm ok with that.  I plan on working very hard at only comparing myself to myself.

Damaris you've gone from knee surgery to running marathons again and look at all the OTF workouts and Pilates.  That's bad ass.

Kat did her first 50k.  Lizzie's marathon times are incredible.  Sandy does some kick ass TRX workouts. Judy workout despite having a broken toe, Elina did her first trail run and recently got an AG award.  Cathy beat her PF, Karen ran Boston is some truly shitty weather.  We ALL are incredible in our own way.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Rest day for me today.  Maybe some strength later.  5K trail race with DD in the morning, then going to visit some friends.  Our neighbors also have their annual Canada Day party on Saturday.    The race is on my "home" course, it's about a mile from my house.  Only bad thing is that a couple portions of it are on paved trail that is not shaded.  Then I have a 1.5 hour long run Sunday morning.  I actually feel like that is a long run.  

Lizzie, nice run!  Glad it was awesome!  Did you see the article on Runner's World about the casting call for "joggers" for the new Wonder Woman movie?  It is currently filming in Virginia.  This may be your big break.    That would be awesome if you could win the free wedding!  Doesn't hurt to try.  Too bad that you don't like the wedding coordinator!

Sue, hope you get your knitting done.  

Karen, good luck tomorrow.  Sounds like awful conditions!

Sandy, there was pretty minimal sweat yesterday morning.  Normally my bra is totally soaked.     Enjoy your steamy run tomorrow!  Good idea to just run your pace.  Have a great lazy weekend!

Damaris, nice job at OTF!  Race photos tend to look pretty awful.  You always look strong in your photos!  Nice race recap, looks like a gorgeous course.

Diane, hope the back feels better!  Yes, you have accomplished so much!  There are some out there stronger and faster than you, but many many more that are not.  I agree that this group has a lot to be proud of!

Elina, adorable pic of mini K!  Is it winter there?  

Cathy

Kilmisters

Sandy, we have stupid temp swings; very cold early in the morning, followed by goddamn Africa around noon (till late eve). Smile MiniK loves the warm temps but once they drop a little, there is ''pls dress me like an Eskimo otherwise I am not signing up for this'' grumpiness Smile

Damaris, great RR, as always! And the outfit! I agree w Cathy, you look strong in your race photos! Not surprising given how many marathons you've ran.

Diane, loved your smiling picture in FB (and here)! Very lovely! Oh wow, that last paragraph was really inspiring! We ARE all incredible in our OWN ways!! No need to compare. I forgot which brand had the slogan ''beat yesterday''. (Garmin?) Like, beat your yesterday self, not someone else. We only see the tip of the iceberg of others' "world", so it is easy to get depressed - thinking everyone around us are superior.

Cathy, good luck in the race Smile "Home" courses are awesome; special feeling! And 1.5hr run is a long run Wink

Lizzie, you chose pizza not beer for carb refill? Bad, BAD choice!!! (joking, of course).

And yes.. WOOOO FRIDDDAAAYYY!!! Phew. So much done, so much still to be done. Crazy. I forgot to change few reports (month end/start sucks), so I'll have to go office early on Monday. 7:30 or so. Ugh. But that will be Monday's issue, on to weekend! It will sound awful, but I am invited to my goddaughter's bday party today and I sooo don't want to go. I just want to sit here, sip beer and embrace the silence and peace. Which is NOT what you get at kids parties. Oh well. It will probably be less tiring than expected.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I ran 6, a little faster than yesterday, then threw some strides in just because. Of course they were probably a bit much in the heat, I had to stop after a couple of them (usually I just run slow to recover) and let my heart rate come down. About 3 miles in, I took off my shirt and went sports bra and shorts. I rarely do that in the neighborhood, but it was necessary today! Oh, I learned yesterday that DH is on vacation all next week. We have no plans (other than the party on Wednesday), but I'm thinking maybe later in the week we should go somewhere overnight to see how Riley does with travel. My guess is he barks at every little noise in a hotel room, but how will we know unless we try? Apologizing in advance to those on either side of us if we do that.

Damaris, great race report. I like those smaller races. And I think you look great in your pictures. It doesn't matter how good of shape you're in, somehow the race photographer always seems to get a shot you think makes you look bad. One of my friends coined the phrase "tsunami of cellulite" for those pictures where your foot hits the ground and the fat is still moving......yeah, those are my favorite. And the ones I never share - I prefer the floaters.

Liz, yay for the awesome run! And how cool would that be if you won the contest? Fingers crossed for you. I don't watch The Bachelorette but I may have to watch it Monday to see the train station.

Judy, nice that you got to run with your friend.

Susan, laughing at your "carrot." Whatever it takes.....

Sandy, back is pretty much back to normal. I took ibuprofen before bed so I could sleep without it aggravating me, and this morning it was just a dull ache. Must have been something I ate the other day. Better not have been the ice cream! Nice job on the class. Yes, take it nice and slow and easy tomorrow. Think of my misery and how nice it is to run easy on a hot day.

Diane, what an awesome post from you. You make some great points and I agree, we are all pretty badass around here. Thanks for that.

Cathy, enjoy the rest day and I hope you and DD have fun at the race tomorrow.

Elina, super cute pic of miniK yesterday. Hooray for your weekend being here!! A friend of mine is on a cruise that left out of Iceland (I think, at least she flew to Iceland), yesterday they were in Russia and today she checked in from Riga, Latvia. Of course I was all "I KNOW SOMEBODY IN LATVIA!!!!"

And now I'm heading to Target. Have a great afternoon all!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I did not make it to the grocery store at lunch. Sigh. And now my BF is changing plans for tomorrow night  We have been trying to get together for a month now! I am probably going to wait to do any grocery shopping until she decides what she wants to do.

Ready to go home!

Judy – Awe, glad you had a great run with your friend!

Susan – Love your idea for the carrot of the day Smile Busy weekend for you!!! Wedding prep!

Karen – Hope your run wasn’t too awful this morning. Your race tomorrow sounds miserable.

Sandy – Woohoo for TRX/Bells class! Love it when you leave all shakey. Oh man, your dewpoint is going to be worse than mine tomorrow! Blah. Have you started taking those salt tablets yet? Or do you always take them? I haven’t started adding those in yet. But those dewpoints will be on there way over here, I am sure. I need to look at that body issue. I say some pretty awful things to myself about myself. HCF gets so mad. Its hard! I read Damaris’ race report on my lunchbreak too Smile Awe, thanks for being excited for my change of schedule! Smile It feels weird. YES we finished Goliath last night. Weird ending. You're right, the first season was better. I remember you had recommended some HBO shows. Those are next on the list. YAY for being lazy all weekend!!! Does that mean you did a grocery trip last night!?

Docket – Oh yes, sounds like a caffeine headache – which are the worst. Good luck on the miles tonight.

Diane – Enjoy that massage today! I am sure you are in full vacation mode! Aw, you are right – we are all pretty badass.Smile

Cathy – Good luck to you and DD on the race tomorrow! Can you run to the race? Smile 1.5 hour long run is long! I did not see that article..I am going to have to look into it Smile Enjoy the party after the race!!

Kilmisters – Don’t worry about work until Sunday night – haha. I totally understand not wanting to go to a kids party. Can you go for a little while and then leave early?

Karen – Nice run this morning! You are brave to run in just a sports bra and shorts. I would never have the cahoonies. DH on vacay?! Nice. Any ideas where you want to go? Hope you didn’t spend too much at Target hehe Wink

Have a great evening everyone!

Kilmisters

Karen,

today she checked in from Riga, Latvia. Of course I was all "I KNOW SOMEBODY IN LATVIA!!!!"

Ha, so she was max 20mi from me at that point Smile

Lizzie, the kid party was actually ok because the little ones fell asleep fast, and I met lots of people I hadn't seen for a while, so lots of beer-supported chatter  We have another gathering tomorrow (90% same people) because one of the ladies is celebrating getting bachelor's degree.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris