Womens Running

What day is this? Wednesday? (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

It is good to be home. Rolled in a little before 9 last night after leaving the airbnb in AK a little after 4 am. So about 14 hours door to door plus the three hour time change. Dogs were happy to see me and I slept like a rock - it is much easier to fall and stay asleep when it actually gets dark at night.

Trip was so much fun. We packed as much as we could into the time we had and still only saw a tiny corner of Alaska. And what we saw - pictures just don't do it justice. Stepping into the 100+ degree high humidity weather at DFW was a shock to the system though! And 100s as far as the forecast goes, up to 107 some days. I may take a week off from running just because I don't want to go out there. Definitely no running today.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Karen, I'm glad you got back safe and sound. That was an awfully long trip.   It's great you had a good time though. 

35 minutes run on TM, then shoulder exercises. Yesterday was golf. I'm bad at it but wasn't as bad as usual. Semi-awful? 

I'm not getting as much sleep as I need but am working on it. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

I’m taking a couple extra rest days. Left knee is still sore. Hope it’s just bruised. 

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

4 after work.

Drafting a pleading today, I blinked and it was already lunch time. Sheesh.

Damaris

3.5 this morning with Scamp. Then we went to help an elderly man from our church clean up tornado damage. A tornado went through Moss Point, MS Monday afternoon. His home was right in the path. Luckily, just lots of tree damage, shingles missing and the carshed collapsed on his car that won't start. About a dozen from church went over to help. I carried limbs and trash to the street all morning.  My Garmin says I walked over 6 miles in debris removal. DH and two others were up on the roof all morning. Stopped at lunch. It was just too hot. One of the church ladies brought sandwiches.

Nice morning, even though boss was bitchy bc I didn't know how long I would be gone. As long as it takes, that is how long I'll be gone. She hates me.

Karen & Lisa--sounds like y'all had a great trip! Did Kat go too? I saw Tessa in the pics also.

Margaret--did you fall?

Headed out Friday for family beach vacay. Can't wait.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Sue, how wonderful that your community gathered to help each other.

Rest day today.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 slow miles. It's finally raining. We're in a drought, the grass has been very crunchy recently.

AnonymousGuest, the pictures from your trip were amazing. Thata is such a long travel day.

judyruns, shoulders are so tricky.

GatbsyBird, hope the knee is nothing serious.

Docket, it's sort of nice when the day goes by fast. Although it sucks if you still have lots to do.

CrazySue, ugh, your boss. Nice that you were all able to help.

BerthaSlayer, enjoy your rest day.