Womens Running

Floorball weekend (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

So, we won the second game as well, but from now on it won't all be that nice and easy. We have last regular season game next weekend, and then bloodbath aka playoffs begin. The swelling above eyebrow got quite bad, so our team doc just decided to cut that thing slightly and let the blood out. Women sports, yay. Oh, and I really need to get back to normal mileage, because my endurance sucks now. But I can fix it till playoffs.

Off to make some dinner for DH and minis. Have a nice Sunday, ladies!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Windy enough outside to blow someone to Kansas and since I don't have ruby shoes and Gus ain't Toto I dropped my run from 20 to 15 and did it on the tm. A hell of a lot of walking. Run segments at 4.5 and walking segments at either 4.0 or 4.3.

DD2 is coming over to catch up with us on This Is Us so I will pop back in later for personals. If my eyes aren't leaking too much.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

Just 3 on the TM for me...snow, then rain, then snow then wind UGH.  Most of the wet stuff is gone, it's just really windy. BF and I are driving my DS back to college in a bit, at least we are travelling south and they didn't get any snow/ice.  Makes for a long day, it's about a 2.5 hour drive, especially with DST and losing an hour.  Oh well, it is what it is.

Margaret - what a sweet DH!!  Nice 9 yesterday!

Half K - nice 11!

Damaris - great job on the 7, ugh on the allergies.  Have a good TM run!

Lizzie - enjoy the rest day.  Exciting about the property...are you in a house or apartment now?

Elina - awesome about the win and Wow on the blood LOL

Lori - I wait until DD1 is home on breaks to catch up on This is Us, too.  We haven't seen any of the shows since it started back up after X mas.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!!

Anonymous Guest

I am pooped. I did not get up early this morning to run since the dogs let me sleep until 7:30 due to daylight savings time. And due to DH not getting up for work. They sort of wanted to go out at 5, and I should have gotten up then, but instead I ignored them until they went back to sleep. Turns out it wasn't much cooler then anyway, but if I'd have gotten out I'd have gotten done a lot sooner, before it got up to 78 degrees. Oh well. 18 done. Hot. I just ran in my neighborhood and stopped home twice for water and gu and to check on the dogs since DH was riding his bike. Went surprisingly well for how miserable the weather was for it.

Looking now at next week's schedule - no rest days. At least tomorrow is a recovery run, on the other hand it's a 10 mile recovery run. Yikes. And I need to switch some things around to do my long run probably Friday. Organizer conference for my running group's national organization is next weekend so I will not have a lot of time to get 20 in then. As much as I enjoyed going to Portland for the conference last year, I'm kind of glad it's just in The Woodlands this year and I don't have to travel.

Nothing planned for the rest of the day. We may take the dogs to the dog park. I did vacuum all the pollen off the outdoor furniture yesterday so I may just lie around outside all afternoon - if it's gonna be 80 degrees, I'm going to do what I can to embrace it.

Elina, ouch on the stick to the face!

Lori, nice mileage again for you this weekend. I don't blame you for cutting it a bit short on the TM.

Laura, hopefully your dose of warmth and sunshine last week will hold you over for this last bit of winter.

Gatsby, awww, DH is a good one! November 100 (IF I do it) would be Tunnel Hill in southern IL. I am not one to wander around the forest for 100 miles, plus I could combine it with a trip to see the family. It's the same weekend as the goal half marathon for my group, so would actually be a good weekend for me to miss - no group run, and my co-coach can handle race day since technically she's the half coach and I'm the full coach. Yes, planning a trip to CO in June, current plan includes stops around Santa Fe/Taos in NM and Palo Duro Canyon in TX. There will definitely be some running for me and most likely some cycling for the boy. And probably a lot of hiking for us both.

HCK, wow, that sounds like a tough workout. Nice job.

Liz, glad Ruger is feeling better today. 2+ acre lot would be awesome. Wow - Monday or Tuesday on the job, I guess they really are fast tracking it. I'm excited for you.

Damaris, squats on the boss sounds hard. How did the 18 go today?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Damaris, ignore the rest of this post.

Everybody else, I just realized that since Damaris was sick and couldn't run Houston, Glass City will be her 50th marathon. I'm not saying everyone should wear a glittery, light-up cape for their 50th marathon.......or am I? Anyway, in addition to celebrating Liz and HCF, we get to be there for D's 50th!!!

Kilmisters

Everybody else, I just realized that since Damaris was sick and couldn't run Houston, Glass City will be her 50th marathon. I'm not saying everyone should wear a glittery, light-up cape for their 50th marathon.......or am I? Anyway, in addition to celebrating Liz and HCF, we get to be there for D's 50th!!!

That is a ''yes'' from me Smile 

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

LOL, I'm all in favor of shenanigans, the more glittery the better.

Karen, Tunnel Hill looks interesting.  An an out and back x2 on rail trails?  I like the tunnels.  Will be looking forward to pics and updates from your travels in June since those are placed I've never been.

Kilmisters, yay on the win but ugh on the swelling.  Funny that you describe the upcoming playoffs as a "bloodbath" (figuratively) given that blood has already been shed (literally).

Lori, WTG on 15 on the TM!

LC, I hate running in wind, can't imagine doing it with rain and snow too!  Good call on the TM.

HCK, nice run yesterday!

Damaris, I know you will knock out those 18 TM miles like a champ.  Hope the Zyrtec helps.

Lizzie, I'm still not sleeping well but I think I'm less stressed and have less anxiety when I spend less time on the internet.  So I'm going to continue.  I'll try catch up with everyone on the weekends.  The response after your 2nd interview sounded promising!  Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Today I ran into town for kettlebell class and back, for about 10 miles.  Total of 40 for the week.  Will do around the same this upcoming week, and then increase miles again.  Have a great day!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ooh. Where can I find such a cape?  Asking for a friend. I would like a blue one because I have to match of course.

Damaris

Howdy!

Wow Elina--two games in two days?  Congrats!

Damairs--good job on the tm run

Gatsby--yay for DH!!

Karen--yes, I would have taken him to the vet too. Especially if he is keeping ME up at night.

We went to New Orleans for the weekend.  Met friends for dinner at a Vietnamese place (I love VM food) and then to the Zac Brown Band concert which was awesome!!  This morning I dropped a hairbrush on my bare foot.  Ugh. We came home and walked over to get the dogs, walked home, and now my foot is killing me, I can barely walk on it, it is swelling and it feels like it is inflating by the moment!!!!

Tomorrow I'm flying to Philly for a seminar and we will have to walk several blocks to the other hotel.  Great. I'm hoping it will be better in the morning.  I'm taking KT tape just in case.  No run this afternoon. ;(

Great.

Later, ladies!!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Karen I've many friends who've done Tunnel Hill. They all say it's a good race. I wish I had registered for that instead of woodstock.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket - Ugh, hope the 18 goes well!

Kilmisters - YAY! Congrats on the second win!! Geez, rough weekend - but good. You should have ordered pizza Smile

Lori - Wow, nice workout for you today. 15 miles on the treadmill? Ugh. I feel like planning to be outside and then having to do on the treadmill instead would be a big mental let down making the treadmill that much more difficult. Have fun with DD2!!

Laura - Nice miles for you. When is your Spring coming?!!? Smile Come to VA! Ours is here. You are going to have a long Sunday! At least BF will join you so you don’t have to do it alone. We are in a house. Perfectly fine house, we have just been wanting some more land and more space.

Karen - Ugh, 78 LR. Ugh. Nice job getting that done. Ugh, again. Oh, this is the same conference you went to last year! How cool that it is local this year. No rest days? Ew. 10 mile recovery runs really aren’t all that bad. Of course, if its 78 degrees it will suck. Sad

GC is going to be a celebration all around!!! YAY!!!!!

Margaret - Oh good news on the social media helping with stress and anxiety! Maybe I need to do the same... Nice miles and workout for you!

Susan - Sounds like a very fun weekend but I am sorry about the foot!!! KT tape does do wonders, though. I hope it feels better!

Have a good Sunday evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. We went up to PA to get a truck from the in-laws. Didn't quite go as planned. Last time we tried, the battery was totally dead and we couldn't get it charged. Then it seems to have rained or snowed every weekend. So DH was prepared this time & had bought a new battery. Fought to get the old one out because the bolt was corroded. Finally got the new one in. We got about halfway home & DH pulled into a convenience store. The brakes were  rubbing & smoking. We debated what to do, decided to try to get home. then he stopped again. We would up calling a friend of his who lives about 15 minutes away and got the truck to his house. We'll deal with it later this week.By the time we got home and I went to the grocery store, I didn't feel like doing anything.

Lizzie, unsure on a spring half. I have a few I'm considering, but all have some detail that I'm not thrilled about (early start time or pricy).

Oooh, I can't wait to see pictures of the capes for Glass City.

Anonymous Guest

We took the dogs to the dog park this afternoon. They had a blast. I was a little worried about other dogs but these two mostly just played with each other. A couple different dogs came over and they sniffed each other and that was it. But these two followed each other around, chased balls, made sure both their people were nearby, and generally wore themselves out. I figured they'd come home and sleep the rest of the night, but no, we're playing again. Sigh.

I realized I forgot to update you all. We learned that the deadline for the application to develop low income apartments at the front of our neighborhood came and went with no application filed. Someone was out doing a bunch of surveying the week before, so it's unclear if what they found made the site not worth it, or whether the community meeting with over 300 people showing up against it made them decide to find a spot with an easier path. But no apartments, yay!