Womens Running

Hey GIRLFRIEND WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

So wonderful to count you ladies as GFs!!

Lizzie, bummer about the way too early wake up call.  Not cool.  I hope the remainder of your weekend is lovely.

Hi HCK!

Damaris, that is a lovely medal. Shame the race got cancelled.  Like EVERY race...

Elina, nice race!  How was the hockey?

Lori, a Canadian watching NHL?  Strange...  

Laura, sub 14 walking?  That is booking.  I can't do that.  Even cruising.

Margaret, how sweet of DH.  Must be lovely having him around again!!

Hi Judy!  Glad DC is doing well.

Work was not great yesterday.  We were very short staffed so quiet behind.  Then, my gripe of the day.  Whoa Boy and Howdy...  We hired a new tech.  Not a good hire.  To be snotty...  She was literally looking at the date a vaccine was given - 2/28..  I asked her when it was given (trying to make her understand it.)  Again, she was LOOKING RIGHT AT THE DATE typed 2/28....  She tells me it was given in the 3rd month which is February.  Cause February is the 3rd month, right...  It got worse from there.  I am very sorry, but that one aint rocket science.

Woke up at 2:30am today instead of 5am like my alarm.  Couldn't fall back to sleep so I got up.  Just finished my coffee and will head out shortly.  Super tired, so I am a little annoyed at myself for not sleeping more.  It is an 8 hour drive.  Maybe a quick catnap on the couch now??

Have a great Sunday all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5 for me plus 30 minutes abs/booty workout.

Good run - they seem to be a lot better lately now that I am not pushing myself to do longer runs in this sticky weather! Will probably change up my running schedule this week due to the storm coming in.

Hurricane isn't a hurricane anymore but I guess its coming straight for us! It will bring us some wind and rain but hopefully it loses its strength as time goes on. We are expected to see impacts starting Tuesday. Kathi, are you going to be impacted? I guess my biggest thing would be power outage since we are out in the country now and on well water. I'll have to do what my mom always did and fill the tubs up with water!

Yesterday was a nice and relaxing day and I did manage a 20 minute nap (thats good for me Smile ). Today, I need to get some cleaning done and I would like to head over to the antique store to browse. HCDH's parents are probably going to be here for dinner.

Run4kupcakes - I have the Waveknit’s - not sure if they are the 23’s, I will have to check. But, after a while the Waveknit’s bother my feet. Not sure why?

Lori - Hope you have fun at the 5K today!

Kilmisters - CONGRATULATIONS on a great race! I can’t even IMAGINE having to go up stairs multiple times during a race. Maybe thats why I don’t do trail races? Haha, trail runners are much better than I! Sounds tough but you did great!! I bet it felt good to be in a “race” environment. So glad it went well and you got some of your favorite beers afterwords Smile

Laura - Speedy walk!!! Nice job! Great idea to do that on your running rest days. Still gives you a mental “boost” Smile.

Margaret - Great 18 for you! Wow! You and Cathy were mileage twins yesterday Smile. Apple pie sounds like Fall! YUM!!! Fall is coming so SOON!

Docket - That medal is HUGE!!

Judy - Hope you are having a great weekend! Well, you know VA over reacts about everything. I do remember one hurricane we had when I was in high school - Isabel? We were out of school for 2 weeks due to no power! That was before social media and iPhones Smile

Kathryn - I am sorry for the rough day yesterday. I had to laugh at your new tech, though….Smile. Hang in there! Are they going to a hire a new doc since the other one didn’t work out?? Have a great time on your trip! Post lots of pictures!!

Cathy - KILLER run yesterday!! You crushed!!!

Happy Sunday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sigh. Went up to PA to visit MIL yesterday. Turned into her coming back with us. DH is stressed, so that justt makes me more stressed. She started talking about monthly expenses and threw out a number that we both went . There is no possible way they can be that high, so now when we drive her back, DH is going to insist on seeing recent bank statements.

Lizzie, we're supposed to get the storm Tuesday. I need to go into work this week, so guess I'll do that Monday (which now works out very well for me). I think the WaveKnits are slightly tighter than the Wave Riders.

Kilmisters

Damaris, that is... some medal.. Now a size comparison w beer bottle, please Big grin Smile

I usually have new post-race comments/learnings after having some sleep, but none this time, it seems. I ran 30sec/km faster last year, but not on all these training miles + w way less energy in last few kms. So, it kind of evens out.

NHL - watched 1.5 games last night (the second one was got me really frustrated, as the team that I utterly hate got a 3 goal lead... so I went to sleep LOL), spent about 2-3hrs watching highlights of remaining 3 games / reading reviews / discussion boards this morning. Lots of drama there already. Hopefully Columbus absolutely destroys Toronto tonight. Sorry, Lori Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Hey Girlfriends!    18 miles yesterday, 6 recovery miles this morning and tired legs today!  The 18 went well, the last mile wasn't great fun but it was SO nice to be done.  My tank top weighed about 2 lbs from sweat...  Oh, and up to almost 45% of the city!    Took the girls to a sunflower farm yesterday, sunflowers are younger DD's fav.  DH was supposed to have the kids this weekend but he had a golf outing yesterday and saw the Boo last night.  I'll drop them off sometime today.  I guess it isn't a big deal, since TF is social distancing from me.   My first swimming class went fine, was supposed to be a group class (up to 4 adults) but I was the only one.  So it was like a private lesson.  I think we accomplished a lot in the half hour, I floated on my back for the first time, and practiced some swimming with a hip belt.  The instructor (young dude) said that I did better than most adults my age and that we will try swimming without the belt next time!  EEK!    My legs were getting really tired by the end of the lesson!

Liz, nice sticky run.    Glad you like your new shoes!  I am using Ghosts for the first time, I like them so far.  4 AM work call?  That sucks!  Glad the hurricane is no longer a hurricane, hopefully your weather is decent.  Yeah, I guess TF will be quarantining away from me for another week.  They haven't gotten results back for the BF yet, though I would be really surprised if that came back negative if his GF had the virus.  So we will just assume that TF will need to sequester away from me for another week.  On the plus side, he's running well and feels more like himself again!

Lori, very nice virtual 5K!  Nice photos too.

Laura, that is a very speedy walk!  

Margaret, nice 18!  A DH that makes apple pie?  That is awesome!  Now I have a pie craving...

Elina, awesome job on the race and nice recap!  Wooden stairs are not my fave either.

Damaris, that is an awesome medal!  Very pretty and one of my favorite sayings.

Judy, hi girlfriend!  

Kat, I do get confused with month numbers around 8 or 9... not 2 or 3 however.    I hope you got some rest before the drive.  Have an awesome trip!

Kupcakes, sorry about the stress with MIL!

Sandy, well, there is a race in sight, a marathon in Oct 4 if all goes well.  With the way things are going, we will see if events start getting cancelled again.  So far the smaller races have been happening.  The lessons are in a pool.  Lake seems scary.    They still have not made a decision on school yet, they did an initial survey and over 75% said they wanted to go back to school with social distancing and masks.  They put out another survey to see if that's what people still want to do with COVID numbers going up.  Had a Zoom meeting with a guy on my team and he sounds like he is at the end of his rope working from home with his 2 kids there all the time.    His kids aren't that young either, middle school and high school.

Cathy

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.7 miles this morning. It was so sticky, and it's only going to get worse with the hurricane coming this way. Yay.

Turtles, I would definitely want to learn to swim in a pool vs a lake. Lakes skeeve me--I remember going swimming in one near my grandparents house and the fish would mkae contact with you. Plus all the grass and crap floating around. Give me a nice clean pool.

KatS, do vet techs need any sort of certification in TX?

Kilmisters, nice race! The steps sound like a form of torture during a race.

LC Runs

3 miles for me today...we got some rain but still very humid.  It seems to be cooling off now so the next few days will hopefully be more running friendly LOL. I have to do a 10K this week since I have two virtual 10K's this month (one needs to be completed by next Sunday, the other one just anytime in Aug) - I may just use the same run for both, we'll see!

Hi Judy!!

Margaret - glad DH was able to do some workouts, good excuse to cross train!

Kat - oh man on the new tech...definitely not a rocket scientist LOL.  Have a blast on your NOLA vacation!  I was surprised by my splits, my fastest was 13:33 though I sometimes feel like Strava has me going farther and faster than other devices.  I'm not sure I'm going to tell tall friend or she will make me speed it up ha ha!  Of course, it was easier to book it since I was alone and not expending any energy talking!

Lizzie - nice 5!  Hope you don't lose power!  This is the first place I've lived that does not have city water (septic) and when we lost power a few years ago, I had no idea that you get one 'free' flush with a bucket of water LOL.  Luckily that was only for one day (like 7 hours).  Enjoy your day!

Kathi - oh boy on the MIL situation, that is weird about the monthly finances.  Maybe DH (or someone) will need to start managing that for her.

Elina - glad you had a nice sleep and quiet day to recoup from yesterday's race!

Cathy - cool you got basically a private swimming lesson, I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time!  Yeah, schools around here are the same, no one really knows what to do.  Someone posted an article about a high school downstate that cancelled everything this month because of a positive student (so I"m assuming sporting practices, summer school, etc).  I"m not saying I disagree, but this does not bode well for the school year, because basically they'll be shutting it down every day.  They say they have a plan in place, but I will be curious to see if it plays out or if they just close the school so as not to take chances.  What a mess.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi all. The virtual 5k went ok I suppose. It was thundering and pouring before I started so I opted for no warmup. By time I got started though it was just a steady rain which diminished as the "race" went on. I went out too fast and was able to hold onto the pace for about 2.5 miles and then had to do an extra walk which slowed my overall pace. Finished in 35:04. That's 11:15mm

Back in the spring when it was originally to happen and I was running better I'd aimed for 33 minutes but I'm happy with today's effort. For now.  I might have been able to shave a few seconds off had there been other racers or if I could run on the road vs the sidewalk.  It's a full 6 minutes slower than my pr but it's a good base to start fresh from. I will do another time trial in the fall.

It's been years since I've "raced" a 5k.

Afterward I ran another nice slow 5k at my normal 13:40mm. Lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Arimathea

Tessa

Margaret, glad DH got home safely! Mmm, apple pie.

Kat, not sure if vet techs are required to be licensed, but aren't they required to be functionally literate?

Lisa, amazed at youngest DD's colleagues. What gave them the idea that "if they can work from home, so can we"?

Damaris, that is some medal!

Elina, congratulations on the race.

Cathy, congratulations on starting to swim! I would prefer a pool too.

Carol, I think a lot of the amenities in the state and national parks are closed -- especially the visitor centers. Trails are open. So are restrooms because they don't want tons of people using the trees. (Facilitrees?)

Judy, not sure what happened to DC, hope he is recovering nicely.

Susan, highlights might be the answer to blend in the colors.

Karen, if DH has a bike, hang onto it and lock it. They are definitely theft targets.

Laura, I don't think schools are going to open for any length of time. Too many people getting it.

Liz, 4 AM wakeup work call? Ugh.

10.7 yesterday, took me 3.5 hours, it is extremely hot here. 4 this morning. Trying to keep getting out there. But when the thermometer hits 106 (Elina, that would be approximately 42) I don't wanna.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tessa, small hernia surgery. He's doing fine. 

Lizzie, DS lived down in Reston, VA during hurricane Isabel. He had to go to work when everything was stopped, so afterward work gave him a nice black polo shirt with the logo "Hurricane Hero". It was really neat of them to do that. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns