Womens Running

Black Fridailies (Read 11 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

No running for me today. I will be having a couple former co-workers over for a pizza lunch and chat to catch up. And tonight hubby and I will go to the arrival of the Holiday Train.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy black Friday to all.  Hoping the leftover turkey gods provide good luck for desired deals.

Thanks for all the well wishes over Mom, it was really appreciated.  She is home now, she got into Vegas about 7:30pm and I got in at 10:30pm.  She is slow to recover.  Frail.  Her husband's son and I are in touch about her wellbeing.

SO nice to be home.  Though it was a nice trip, the ending was obviously hard.  Even with 5 extra days, I didn't really do anything extra other than some food.  I wasn't up to researching and exploring other parts of the city.  Overall it was a mellow trip anyways, which I expected so wasn't disappointed.

Woke up at 5am, not bad considering the time difference.  Hit the grocery store and...  BOUGHT A TURKEY!!  Slim pickings on a fresh one, but I found a huge one, YUM.

Back out for some miles Sunday.

Best to you all.  Nice to be home.

Lori, enjoy the train.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! Anyone have to work today? I remember when I worked in DC and we just followed the government schedule, the only difference we had was the option to work Veteran's Day and get the day after Thanksgiving off. Which of course everyone did.

My bicycle is out for delivery!!!! It will still be a few days before I can ride it based on how I feel. Whole lotta nothing going on for me today. At least I have a really long book with more waiting from the library to keep my busy.

I was looking at the results from the local Turkey Trot yesterday and was shocked at all the fast times. Then looked at my age group and the second place finisher was MUCH faster than I know she can run. So I looked at a local group on Strava to see if anyone in that group had run it, and learned the course was only 2.5 miles.

Lori, sounds like a fun day..

Kathryn, glad you both made it home. Your experience makes me think I definitely want my sister (the nurse) to come along if we do a mother daughter trip next year! Although my mom is probably the healthiest 81 year old around (she doesn't take a single medication!), knowledgeable backup would be nice for situations like that. I mean, you have the smarts being a vet and all, but I certainly don't.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

4i with strides this morning. Just got back from the appliance store & Lazy Boy. I hate looking at appliances and this trip did nothing to help the sress of trying to chose new stuff. Not sure if it was the lighting in the store, but I hated the way the stainless fridges looked.  Lazy Boy was also meh.

BerthaSlayer, is this like a train you ride on or layouts? Here the big holiday thing is "train gardens". It's a big layout, some design them to be mock ups of the Baltimore area. A lot of the local volunteer fire companies have them as fundraisers.

KatS, glad you are home. Enjoy the turkey.

AnonymousGuest, I can see where having a nurse sister would be helpful. We got helped a few times by DH;s cousin, whio is a cardiologist. He worked at one of the hospitals MIL would get sent to and would get info for DH.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

HCK.... It's a real train with it's cars decorated. It's traveling and making stops through SW Ontario and then heading toward Chicago I believe. It's raising money for food banks and each year it has different singers performing at the stops.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We work today but I took it off. Had a massage (a non-torture one) and ran 3.

Damaris

I worked today. It was verrrry quiet and I got a lot done.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR