Womens Running

Wish me luck Wednesday (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

I am headed to the grocery store. Nothing like getting home right before Thanksgiving and having nothing in the house to eat. Poor planning on my part!

Still a bit of a sore throat but the achiness is gone - that must have been 5 nights of crappy sleep and 4 days of driving.

MTA: I forgot the good news - my e-mountain bike is supposed to get here on Friday!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I need something for Friday and debating whether I should go or not today.

I have 3 later.

Damaris

Fortunately I remembered to pick up my Thanksgiving stuff when we hit the grocery store on Sunday after our trip. And fortunately DH booked a super early flight home today from a work trip, and the airport wasn’t too crazy I picked him up. Unfortunately I’m working today and Friday, meh.  Ran 4 yesterday, will do around 6 today. 

Karen, seems like you have spent half the year driving around in a vehicle of some sort or other.  Glad you’re feeling better. 

Damaris, I’d wait until Friday. Enjoy the 3.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

The grocery store was not as bad as I'd feared at 8 am this morning. Crowded like it would normally be later in the day, but they had extra checkouts open so it didn't take much longer than normal.

Damaris, if it's something you can get at a drugstore/smaller store I'd go today, if it's a grocery store I'd wait until Friday. If it's Costco or something with a lot of Black Friday sales, I'd DoorDash it.

Margaret, welcome back. Your pictures from Japan were fantastic. I'm glad you had such a great trip. I do feel like I've spent a lot of time in vehicles this year!

DH just got back from selling my mountain bike since my e-bike gets here Friday. Those of you that have met him can probably imagine he hasn't had a lot of.....interactions/experience with alternative lifestyles. He came back and said "that was the most delightful little girl with a beard."

No running here. Sore throat is still there, along with a cough. I should probably check for covid. I guess I should have before going to the grocery store this morning - oops - but I was feeling better then. As it is, I'm taking advantage of this and just lying around reading a book. Okay, and doing four loads of laundry, but mostly just reading.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I spent the afternoon making tourtierres. I made 5.  It's only my second time making them so I'm still slow at doing so. The filling does taste quite good. My pie shells leave much to be desired.  Hopefully 5 last me a couple months.

No running today. Maybe tomorrow.

Happy early Thanksgiving to all you ladies

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with intervals this morning & strength training this afternoon. I thought I was done with the grocery shopping until I went to make desserrt for tomorrow and went to grab 4 eggs. There were only 2. So off to the grocecry store. The parking lot looked like they were calling for snow, but lines weren't bad.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

6 with intervals this morning & strength training this afternoon. I thought I was done with the grocery shopping until I went to make desserrt for tomorrow and went to grab 4 eggs. There were only 2. So off to the grocecry store. The parking lot looked like they were calling for snow, but lines weren't bad.

I meant to ask if you were able to visit with your parents tomorrow. You mentioned you had a potential COVID exposure.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

I meant to ask if you were able to visit with your parents tomorrow. You mentioned you had a potential COVID exposure.

Yes. Somehow dodged it. I found out on Monday that 19 people were sent home sick on Friday. We went back to mandatory masking for all staff on Monday. I was masking anyway.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Interestingly, grocery stores open tomorrow so I might go right after the race and see how busy they are. We'll see!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Interestingly, grocery stores open tomorrow so I might go right after the race and see how busy they are. We'll see!

I feel like at least once I had to go to the grocery store by my parents. No problem at all. It's mostly people who forgot an item or two.

If you're buying a frozen turkey tomorrow, you're SOL>

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kroger had everything you wanted. Even turkeys. It was pretty well stocked.

Damaris