Womens Running

Womens Day FRIDAY!!! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

A lot of court, my WFH day, my Friday off and I did take one day off (Monday of next week).  I didn't plan it but it's working out well, IMO.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

It is 83 degrees outside. That is just wrong. My 8 miles went okay, considering it was in the 70s and super humid, one of those days where it's sprinkling and then the sun is shining. Stopped and talked to a neighbor out working in her yard for awhile after, got the mail, and got home to a house with nothing destroyed by dogs! I also made a quick trip to the grocery store and came home to still nothing destroyed by dogs! It's a good day here. The secret for this puppy is definitely to wear him out.

Susan, definitely make sure Skye understands that if she ends up in the water, she knows where the stairs are. Huckle hasn't been in the pool yet since he was so little when we got him and then it got colder so the water temp got too cold for any of us humans to want to go in, and Riley doesn't really like it, so fur hasn't been too bad. When he does go in, there's a sheen of fur on the water, but it gets caught in the filter baskets and hasn't caused any problems. It's all gone by the next day.

Cathy, yikes on the out of pocket costs for DD! I don't blame her for wanting to be knocked out though. Bowling party will be fun - I think most people aren't very good bowlers. Enjoy the rest day - I don't have another one for a week and a half, and I'm already looking forward to doing nothing that day!

Damaris, I'm glad you're able to finagle some time out of the office. I don't like them messing with your breathing, you know.

Tessa, nice job with the donuts. I'd have eaten one. The problem with aggressive dogs is the people, not the breed! And from what i understand, declawing is pretty cruel.

Sandy! Welcome back. I enjoyed following along with your vacay pictures. Yikes, that's a lot of emails. Hopefully a lot of them solved themselves while you were gone.

Liz, 18 on Sunday. 20 next weekend. Although I have a conference next weekend so I may do it on Friday.

No big weekend plans here. Short run with the group tomorrow morning (only 6 for me), hoping it doesn't rain. Other than that and a long run Sunday, not a lot going on here.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Busy day here.

Day of errands, no laundry, and my InstaPot.  Also set up my next tattoo appointment for April 11th.  It will be a watercolor phoenix on my thigh.  Quite excited.

Lizzie, yes, my hair is still really long.  Probably longer than when we saw each other last as I rarely cut it.  It will be recolored for GC.  Speaking of GC...  do you want fun T-shirts - bridal shower type ones?

Wow, InstaPot mac n cheese is pretty good!

Karen, isn't this weather nice!!  Though it was a bit warm out even today.  Cute about Huckles and the zooming.

Sandy, WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!  Glad you had a nice time.

Tessa, declawing is very frowned upon now.  Illegal in the UK, and I though California.

HI to everyone else.  That is the extent of my memories for personals.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 in the snow. Luckily the sidewalks were just wet. But still, ugh. They arrested someone for the murder along my route. Ex-boyfriend of the victim.

CrazySue, congrats on the recognition on the presentation!

Seloc, that's a lot of e-mails to deal with.

Lizzie, I don't seem to get as much mileage out of the newer versions of the Wave Riders (starting with the 20s). The pair I had on today are pretty much shot, my lower legs were not happy.

LC Runs

TGIF!!

I actually worked today, we had a mandatory meeting out of town.  At least I didn't need to be in the office (yesterday was bananas) and I was able to use Wednesday as my alternate day off so I didn't have to use leave time - I was able to take 6 work days off but only use time for 4 of the days so that was good.

Anyhow, 4 miles after work.  It was actually a balmy 30 degrees LOL.  I should be able to get in a decent run tomorrow too.

Lizzie - AWESOME run, Girl!!  Good luck with the job, I saw yesterday's post and so glad the interviews went well, Congrats on passing the test!!

Sue - CONGRATS on the kudos, that is great!!  Glad DH is home, too!!

Judy - hope you had a great day!!

Karen - hope you had a good 8!  Cute about wearing the doggies out!

Cathy - did you have a nice birthday???  Poor DD and poor pocketbook, yikes!!

Damaris - hope you had a good run and Pilates!!

Tessa - that is a weird ad, unless someone owns a Tiger or Lion, they're probably not going to be over 100 lbs !!

Sandy - so glad you had a great time, wasn't it great to get out of this crap for awhile???  Crossing fingers that spring will arrive soon!

LC Runs

Oops, skipped page 2:

Damaris - so sorry about the mold issue, that really sucks that you have to work in that.  I hope they allow you to change your hours.

Kat - sounds like a busy, but productive day!  Cool about the tattoo!

Half K - the snow really needs to leave!!  Wow on the murder, I probably missed the original post about it.

Arimathea

Tessa

Sandy, it was good to meet you IRL too! Glad we could hang out. Back in the frozen tundra must be quite a shock.

Kat, I don't think declawing is illegal statewide, though I believe some municipalities have banned it. I think it is like cutting off finger joints. Like the sea captain in "Game of Thrones".

Laura, hope you had a good trip!

HCK, not surprising it is likely to have been the ex boyfriend. Old familiar sad tale.

Heading home at last. Long day!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Arimathea, once I saw the story about the victim, I figured it would either be the ex-boyfriend or someone acquainted with him. The victim had just gotten out of jail because she had gotten into a fight with 2 women, one who she thought was cheating with her boyfriend. One story said she slashed one woman across the face with a knife and stabbed another in the hand while she was trying to break up the fight.