Womens Running

KP!! (Mondailies) (Read 24 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie/Sandy, the soup was ok...it tasted good and DH liked it but it wasn't as creamy as the one I had during a work get together.  I found another recipe and it looks more creamy.  I'm going to ask my mom too when I go visit.  DH LOVES soup, stews, chili, etc...I don't much care for them but that darn potato soup was so good.  I asked for the recipe but was told "I don't measure any thing so can't help"...arg.

Kilmisters

Lizzie, laughing about taper madness emoji - it's very precise Big grin High 70s, what!? In November?

Sandy, I did some extra googling, because it seemed that home of Wild isn't the only thing St. Paul reminds me of. And, yeah - they had a WHA team (Minnesota Fighting Saints) back in 1970's, must have read about it in the book written about that league. I should read it once again one day, very well written. One of the main cons of huge races is that it's absolutely impossible to hold your desired pace w all the masses. I set my HM PB in a local Latvian race that had, iirc, about 400-500 half-marathoners. (did you go out for a run?)

Sue, nice to know DF is doing well! The pacemaker situation sounds scary even if the whole procedure was rather standard. Which I have no idea about, to be fair.

Tessa, reading the words ''we have 5 new kittens'' I couldn't help but think that one should introduce a new ratio - ''kitten turnover in Tessa's residence'' Big grin It would be a damn high ratio, that's for sure. Is any of the ginger kittens, uhm, slightly obese? *khem* potential Garfield *khem* We had one such perfect Garfield type when our cat had kittens. She was also by far the dumbest; while the ugly one that we ended up calling Hedwig, because she looked more like a weird owl than kitten, that one turned out to be the smartest/fastest developing. Life. Ankle that gets less sore w movement? Blood circulation issues maybe?

Cathy, watching people run the big races always seems so exciting, not so fun anymore when you're trapped in the middle of that pile (I am looking at you, Amsterdam). Hoping you won't have to find replacement for 5k Wink

Diane, you and only you know the best way to proceed now; but we're always here to listen, support and cross our fingers for the best outcome for everyone involved! The fact that DH showed initiative is already huge. The energy, well... The reason I decided to keep working (and running when possible) is that this summer was so tough/depressing with all the setbacks, that taking another break, even if this time it's K-related thus positive instead of injury and tough start at new job, would just.... No. Just no. I can't imagine how tough it would be to get general mojo/confidence back after that. So, I think the energy to sustain the current routine is sort of a self-preservation boost Big grin

7 miles (will stop being lazy w stating the distance in km Big grin) today; once again perrrrrfect weather. 45 degrees and rain. And darkness. I was so frustrated after the work hours ended that a run was the only path back to reasonable mood. WFH means I could run during daylight as well, but way waaaay too used to these evening runs that put work stuff away from thoughts. Weekends are different, of course. Tomorrow is going to be hell of a tough day w two conf calls, one being last minute data gathering for calculations needed for the second one. Fun. I have delayed a lot of small non-work related stuff to Wednesday, because at this point I want to tackle one non-K related thing at a time.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Elina, only 4 new kittens, not 5! But who's counting! No, no plumptious ones as yet. They are too little. All except Petunia have little round kitten tummies but none of them are fat.

Cathy, good luck to DD with the braces. Spaghetti for dinner, maybe?

Not sure what happens to my ankle after a race but running or walking does make it less sore. So, 3.93 in 45 minutes on the TM today. I'm reading a history of women's involvement in World War II by Svetlana Alexievich. Makes the time go by fast!

LC Runs

Hello!!  Definitely a Monday blah! 

1 mile on TM and lower body weight workout.

Elina - glad you are doing good with the sleep issue, I had a hard time with DD #1 but think it got easier with each kid.  I still feel sleep deprived and my kids don't wake me up ever LOL!

Lizzie- great run, as usual!!  That sounds like awesome race weather!!''

Damaris - how was the 6 and weights?  My animals were all up early, too ha ha!!

Sue - whoo hoo on the long weekend!   So glad DF is feeling good!!

Judy - thank you so much for the birthday wishes!!  I like your idea of running and shopping (not my favorite thing, either).  Maybe we could start a duathlon that includes running and shopping as fast as you can 

Sandy - it was fun though kind of exhausting going through all of those memories!.  I know I need to get stuff out of here, we hope to sell the house in a few years once the kids are off on their own.  I love getting rid of stuff but it's hard with 5 other people lol!

Diane - that is great to hear about DH, just knowing he wants things to work out must make you feel so much better!

Tessa - OMG I just about spit my wine out reading your straw comment!!  Aww on the new kitties!!  Ugh on the ankle soreness.

Cathy - wow busy week for your DD's!  Happy 10th birthday to DD!!  I have to say, 'scraping' does not sound painless yowza!

Ginny - these dark days make it so hard for me to get out and run, I'm fine on the weekends but the weekdays are killing me!  Wow on getting the tree tagged, I have not accepted that summer is over ha ha!!

Hi Kupcakes!!

HuronHeart

URD for me. Was supposed to swim tonight but swim buddies and I got sidetracked talking about lives. I didn’t get my laps done but we had some good laughs and it was a fun pick me up. Job has been getting to me and I am ready for retirement.  Interviews for my replacement tomorrow. I am crossing my fingers for a good candidate to emerge. 2 of the 5 finalists withdrew today so now down to 3.

Kilmisters, Hope the meeting with boss ends with Happy Elina,  I mostly run smaller races but do enjoy the people watching at the bigger races.

Lizzie, fun that you are excited for another race. The forecast sounds great.  I have a tendency to overdress because I do not like to be cold but knowing it is going to be a long run I would probably opt for a T-shirt or lightweight long sleeve and capris.

Seloc, 23 degrees?  I can’t motivate myself to get out the door if temperature in the 20s or below. Temps 30s and above and I am usually good to go.

Dhuffman, good news on two fronts, lower RHR and signs of hope for the relationship.  I’ve not read the book Men from Mars. It’s on gender differences?

Arimathea, congrats on the AG win. You are the only person I “know” who has run 82 marathons and 30 ultras.  Impressive!  Best wishes on the fostering. Lol on the kitty names. Ponderosa has a big name to live up to.

Ginny, does your trainer have any advice on getting your running mojo back? He sounds like a good source of info.  Hard to believe Christmas is right around the corner.  When will you put your tree up and for how long? Mine is an artificial one but it makes me happy to come home and see it all lit up in my front window.

RTurtle, I have no idea what foot scraping is. A foot massage sounds pleasurable so foot scraping must be the painful part.  Two big milestones for your girls this week, braces and double digits.

Hello lo to everyone else!

Kathy