Womens Running

Toasty toes Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 20 times)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - it really depends on what you want to do, and how much you want to spend on accommodations (or where you're staying).  If you want to stay in a hotel / condo, then off season is much cheaper than in the summer/ski season.  In the spring, things are quiet, but there will still be a lot of snow on the trails, so you can't hike very well or many places.  The warmest, nicest months are July/August, but they are also the busiest, and the town of Banff is a complete zoo with tourists (I really don't enjoy it in the middle of summer), September might be the best compromise, because you can still get a lot of nice weather (but it's cooler at night), and things are quieter - and accommodations are cheaper.  Camping is the same price no matter when you go though, so if you're camping/backpacking then it won't make a difference.  If you decide to do a popular route, you might need to prebook your sites, or if you want to front country camp, you also should prebook, or they might be full, especially on weekends and definitely on long weekends.  If you want any more advice on hikes, back country or front, let me know.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- have you been to Jasper Park? Is it worth going? I would like to do Glacier park in MT sometime too.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Someone turned in my FOB!! Yay, guess I can't blame the toddler Smile

spike - yes Jasper is definitely worth visiting also, it's a bit quieter than Banff, but still is beautiful with lots of hiking, etc.  The Columbia Icefields are also between Banff and Jasper, and are worth a stop.  Actually the highway between Banff (Lake Louise) and Jasper has a lot to see along it, with a lot of campgrounds, and hiking.  My DH and I got married at a lodge half way between - our wedding pics are on fb.  I've spent a ton of time in Banff, Jasper and Yoho (right next to Banff, in BC) parks.

beckykay

CA:  Perogies.  YUM!!!!

Ernie: LOL.  We have yet to subject ourselves to the torture that is swimming lessons.  C has nightmares about water.

RG:  Way to go on your speedy miles!

Spike:  boo feel better.  The clean eating is just to prove to DH he won't die.  To the contrary actually....

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - I think it is from having gma talk nonstop with him all weekend. My rankings are: ginger, crisp apple, cinnful, dry.  Drinking a Cinnful right now.  Chia seeds are like poppyseeds when dry and yes, gelatinous when wet, so they were good in oatmeal to bulk it up a bit.

rg - have fun with your mom!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

Yeah, that recovery run was a mistake. Now I can barely walk.

~~~~~

zorbs - Whoa, that downhill finish is crazy! The dollar store socks actually look pretty sylin'! Yeah, I was never really a big fan of kale in the past, but we have been getting it from the farm every week and their kale is so good.

stroller - Nice to have a day off to hang with H even though he didn't really need to stay home. YAY for the countdown to seeing your DH!

becky -  The night run on the mountain sounds equal parts awesome and terrifying.

CA - Ouch on the biting! She's just trying to make the weaning decision easier on you, right? Smile Will M be old enough to go in the water by herself for lessons or will you still have to go in with her?

rg - Ha ha, you are a machine. No one says they feel great after running in crazy wind! Joking Hope you had a good day with your mom.

spike - Oh no, sorry you are getting sick! I wouldn't try for a run after having achy body symptoms, you're likely to end up feeling worse. Hope you can get a good night's sleep tonight. Yup, haddock is similar to cod or halibut.

Bermy - I'm sure your body will thank your for an extra day off. Your running schedule has been pretty grueling! How did grocery shopping go?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Holy hell.. just had my ankle, shin and everything around it grastoned... wowsers that hurt.

Ernie - bummer that the run didn't help, hope you loosen up quickly.  Yep, she can go on her own, after 3 the parents don't go in the water, I'm thinking of asking MIL if she wants to watch her one afternoon a week and take her to swimming.

spike - forgot to answer the farmers sausage question... it's mennonite sausage, it is dry and is very traditional w/ perogy around here.