Womens Running

Wakey Wakey Weekend (Read 10 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I'm off for my LR.  4am and this chick don't like each other, but I like the blazing hot sun less...

POST!!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thundering here which cleared the air again. I have 9 with a progressive fast last 4.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Got out too late this morning. I ran 6 but I had to literally sit down on the curb for about 5 minutes and recover when I was about a mile from home. I was originally hoping to run a little longer today, but nope!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Got out too late this morning. I ran 6 but I had to literally sit down on the curb for about 5 minutes and recover when I was about a mile from home. I was originally hoping to run a little longer today, but nope!

Hope you are OK! I once got dizzy during a hot run in Miami to the point of me stopping and seeing black spots. One time I almost fainted after a morning run in feels like 95F. I think that's when I said FTS.

Damaris

Good morning!

Kat, running at 4 am??  Who is this and what have you done with Kathryn?    Great job getting out there, especially for a non-morning person!

Damaris, yay for fresh air.  Boo for thunder.  Hope you can get your 9 done.

Karen, not good at all to feel dizzy.  Guessing it's heat related.  Have you been eating/hydrating?

Still cool and foggy here.  I'm heading out for a few miles soon.  Hoping the knee is up to it.  Just playing it by ear about the race next weekend.  DH was supportive about going up regardless, so I can decide later about what distance to do.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

I'm fine, just a little migraine-y. Not sure if getting overheated this morning caused the migraine, or the start of the migraine caused the problem this morning. It was not dizziness, just high heart rate and lots of sweating - needed to cool down a bit before heading home.

Margaret, might as well go up regardless of which distance you run. Ashland is a cool little town. We were looking at buying property there before we decided Colorado was a lot easier for us to get to and therefore made more sense for us. But we came pretty close to buying a place up there.

Kathryn, I should have gotten up at 4 am as well. The sun just cooked me.

Damaris, hope the run goes well. I can't do a "feels like" above 80-85, even that is usually too much. Hate getting out there so early, but need to be out of the heat by 8 am here.......time to go to CO!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy Canada Day.

I ran a local 5k and it was really really humid. I struggled tremendously. I ran 36:48 and then Strava tells me it was a lighter effort than usual. Wtf. It was actually faster and harder than what I've been running lately. I ran 33:53 in April so I had hoped to run closer to that. But it is what it is.

Karen I hope you're feeling better.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Damaris, nice the air is getting cleaner.  Good luck with your 9.

Karen, OH NO!  Best to stop and be safe.

Margaret, I saw your Strava pics from your run.  I hope the knee did ok.  Pretty and sooo much nicer looking than my views.  Yeah, 4am was a shock to my system.  Next week will need the same.  I've never been to Ashland, but yes, it is supposed to be quite nice.  Go, maybe volunteer if you decide not to run??

Lori, Strava is goofy.  Congrats on your run.

Got my miles in today, 22.  Ugh.  I got out at 5:30am and finished at noon.  I wanted my coffee first.  I got very lucky and the vast majority of the run was cloudy.  The sun peeked out intermittently the last 7 miles.  Changed my route from what I had planned so I ran out of food along the way.  I was hungry for the last bit before I refueled at my house at mile 15.  Still feel incredibly daunted by this.

Tried napping when I got home, but the pool service came partway through and the dogs kept barking.  Sigh.  Now it is Hallmark and wine.

10 tomorrow, then I think drinks with friends.  Work Monday and pool party Tuesday at a GF's.  After my race I'll have one.

Happy weekend.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

6 miles for me this morning. So much better than yesterday.

Margaret, I saw a nice run for ou on Strava yesterday. How did the knee hold up during? And how is it today?

Kathryn, killer run yesterday. And another 10 today? Man, time has flown, hard to believe you're only 4 weeks out from Badger. Not gonna lie, seeing your workouts this weekend makes me kinda happy and relieved I decided not to do the 100 in November. I just don't want to run that much.

Lori, happy day after Canada Day! Hot and humid conditions are the worst for racing, just getting out there and getting it done is a win in my book.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I slogged through 8 miles on my machine today

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Slept like shit and had severe acid reflux. I have 5 and weights later.

Damaris

16 yesterday, 8.5 today.  Knee is holding steady.  It's still a little sore when I start out, then after a few minutes, it's fine.  No issues post-run.  I'm planning on the 50 miler next weekend, but can change to 50k race morning if it seems necessary.

Kat, nice miles this weekend!

Karen, glad the weird thing from yesterday went away and you had a better run today.

Lori, humidity sucks.  Garmin needs to STFU.

Damaris, sorry about the poor sleep and acid reflux.  Hope the rest of the day is better.

Chores on tap for today.  Weather can't decide if it wants to be foggy or sunny.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day yesterday, went to see my parents. 5 today with intervals + strength training in the evening.

KatS, nicce job getting out there early!