Womens Running

Wake UP Wednesdays (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh geez ladies. See what I said to Karen below…I know Karen can do that because well, she is a badass Boston MarathonerSmile  But for me..that would be cutting 14 minutes off my time! 14!!!

Bunch of girl drama going on in here today. There are only 2 girls here, how is that possible? Once things turn negative I just leave mid-conversation which is what I did today. I just refuse to deal with it LOL.

Diane – You know I think I could do a 50K..but I am not a badass trail runner like you haha. Trails scare me right now. Training on them scares me the most. Maybe HCBF’s opinion on that sits with me, too.  That is the perfect idea for a long run!! Perfect. The weather is looking good for Saturday!!!

Judy – Good luck getting out there for a run! I am sure you are tired of the snow by now.

Susan – Glad the doctor was able to give you something to help. Get better!

Ginny – Awe, glad the new trainer is working out well!! I did upper body HARD in Body Pump yesterday..best feeling in the world. I could hardly send a text after that was done!

Sandy – My God your Winter….is never ending. That is all I will say about it Smile Good for you for getting in 3 miles and some weights. You are right – better than nothing. Good luck tonight! Did you decide to do the track coaching?? I don’t order pizza for the exact same reason – I might eat all of it. LOL. Better to just not have it around! Talk about stomach issues. Not a burger lover? What is your favorite food?

Docket – Good luck with the run later! Are you going to try to run outside?

Cathy – YAY for a run tomorrow!! Outside?? I can almost guarantee that the core and hip work has paid off. I notice it and I haven’t done as much as you! How cool that DD is motivating others Smile  More snow? Ugh. Awe, thanks for the kind words about my progress!! Smile  I hope it continues haha. OMG on your accident!!! You are very lucky. Did you ever find out how that happened? Like, what was the driver of the semi doing?? You are right – no control over it which is why I have issues with it HA. Oh wow – so did she keep running even after the bomb went off? I bet it was super emotional this year for her. You are 100% correct about the laundry. I am laughing out loud at your DD’s!!! Building a town in your backyard haha. Have they been out of school at all? Way to go DH for saying something to those kids!!!

Karen – Agreed on the extra rest days. I KNEW you were going to want a rematch with Boston Smile Hey, you never know – the weather and timing might be right with Fargo. We shall see. Wink How scary for DH! Didn’t he have your itinerary?! Wink YESSSS you hit the nail on the head with the mental aspect. Trust me the thought crossed my mind to try for a sub 4 sooner rather than later..but im so scared of crashing and burning. I wish I could do a practice run. You know, at that pace during training – full 26.2. Then I could kinda gauge. I hate the guessing game. Plus, you never know how you are going to feel on race day..ahh. Its stressful.

Kathryn – Oh no!! Can you try rolling out the hip or does that not help? Happy to hear that you met with the trail group for a beer. Smile  Especially if you are battling some depression – its good to force yourself out there sometimes. On that note – I am sorry you are feeling that way Sad Don’t be disappointed in yourself Kathryn! We all go through life sh!t sometimes. Sad We are always here if you need us! XOXO.

Have a good afternoon!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Half Crazy K 2.0

Glad the week is more than half over. I can't wait to sleep in on Saturday. 3.5 miles today, not as awful as yesterday.

AnonymousGuest, that had to be scary for your DH. I am not a morning person, so the 7am start at St Michael's makes it a no. There is also one in PA (Turkey Hill Classic), but it also has a 7am start. Even with the promise of ice cream, nope.

Seloc, both half options would be windy. Even though Salisbury is inland, it's windy. All the time. Looking at the course map for the May beach one, while it's an out and back, it's not a straight line, which would mean getting wind from multiple angles.

Hope the snow stops for those in the mid west.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Liz, this place is hilly as fuck, there is no running intervals in this shit.  I ran them on the TM!

And my run felt harder than at home, but this is a different TM and there is no fan helping (nor a good movie like Transformers 1-5.  I had to watch the news and run sweating like I was melting inside an oven.  So hitting the paces were a win.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Kathryn, I'm sorry you're fighting the depression. That can be so hard. Good for you for meeting up with the trail group, that can be tough to do when you're not dealing with it, so I'm proud of you and think you're awesome. Run what you can at Pinelands, that sounds like one that's more for the hanging out with the others than for serious running. They will take care of you and make you smile.

Liz, know what my PR was  before I ran my first BQ, a 3:52 in Detroit? 4:11. And a year after the 3:52, I ran a 3:33. It can be done, but yes, it's scary and a risk. I am still not sure how I convinced myself I could do it, but for both of those races, I just knew that I could. Not that I necessarily would, but that if things went well, I could. You'll get to the point where you are pretty sure you're strong enough and you'll do it. No doubt in my mind. Whether it's Fargo or this fall or next spring. And you know that if you could run 26 miles at MP in training, your MP pace is way too slow! But I get where you're coming from. Oh, DH knew I was flying home, that I'd get here around 4, and that I was flying Southwest with a connection, but he didn't know what city I was connecting in.

Edited to add: if you do decide you want to go for it in Fargo, I will run 9 minute miles with you the first half, or until one of us has to stop and pee.

HCK, gotcha. I'm not a morning person usually, but I don't usually have trouble with early races because I wake up every hour the night before panicked that i overslept anyway. But I can get behind your reasoning!

Damaris, nice job on the 800s.

The ankle is doing better but not 100%. Will take another rest day tomorrow. And will probably take another Advil PM tonight - last night's 9 solid hours of sleep was awesome.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, Karen, I think you can do it! Fargo is flat and not at elevation.

Karen, I'm sure DH was very worried, with good reason. Poor woman. Wrong place, wrong time.

At the airport waiting for a flight...another hurried client meeting.

9 miles yesterday morning, 3.2 this morning. Hoping to get a run in before meetings start tomorrow.