Womens Running

Firework WEDNESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Happy 4th!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10 miles for me. The last 2.5 were speedy.

Holy shit am I alive right now? LOL. OMG...HARD. WORKOUT. Dewpoint dipped a little bit last night but not much - 75/72 dewpoint. It did feel better than yesterday (that is hard to believe). I was having a hard time keeping it slow the first 7 miles..was trying to shorten my stride to do so. Weird. The last 2.5 I somehow was keeping my pace at the low to mid 9's. WTF. I practically crawled up the driveway when I was done. Oh man I am WIPED. Had to sit for a while and chug water because I was lightheaded!

We aren't doing much today. HCF's friend is coming over this morning for coffee - she is awesome. She is actually one of the "groomsman" in the wedding. She used to OWN a bridal shop!! She sold it about 6 months ago. DAMN. Wouldnt that have been awesome?! Smile Anyway..we may grill out later but not sure. Its hard to go out and do anything tonight since we have to work tomorrow! It is like a Sunday all over again!

Docket - Well, let me tell you. You can really rock some humidity hair Smile

Run4kupcakes - YUM blueberries!!

Karen - Completely agree - the treadmill will be good for those hard workouts. Good luck today!!

Tessa - Nice double runs yesterday! I feel like you are always busier when you WFH Smile

Ginny - Let us know how today went!!!

Have a great holiday everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

HAPPY FOURTH TO ALL OF YOU! 

Tuesday the humidity was lousy, but I went down to the park. I found my buddy and was able to join her for a while. It took me forever to cool down after the run even though I was wearing ice. I need to hydrate a lot more before my runs in this heat.

Today I plan a quick run out the trail.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Happy 4th of July to everyone celebrating.  Happy Wednesday to everyone else.    Heading out soon to do a local 5 mile race this morning with DH, followed by breakfast.  Have some chores to do today and DH flies out for a business trip tonight.  So yes, feels like a Sunday.  

Lizzie, nice speedy miles!  I don't really have a speedy gear.  My 5 mile race today will be, umm, interesting.  And not fast.

Judy, yes, stay hydrated and use ice!

Karen, congrats on the new treadmill!  Saw that you did your July 4th race.

Ginny, if you did the 10k, I hope it went well!

Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!

Yes, I am still alive   I think I just needed a break from posting.

4 miles today, waited  until after 8 and it was hot.  I had a nice 6 mile run yesterday with my BRF and her hubby.

I only worked Monday this week, our office is closed yesterday and today.  I took Thursday off  and since I don't work Fridays, I was  able to get almost a week off.  Believe me, I need it.  Things are better but we are still short  staffed and there  are a lot of changes coming.  My job will likely be changing but they aren't sure exactly how, gotta love that.

My running streak has ended, I actually ended it a few weeks ago.  I am trying  to take at least one  day a week off, adding more cross training  and longer runs.  It just got to be too much with all of the other things going  on in my life.  I'm not even sure how many days it was, I think around 1360 (It was about 3 years 9 months).  I also did not run the Bayshore Half in May, I transferred my bib because I was not well trained and not motivated to do  it. Actually, I am taking a break from racing and am not signed up for anything.

My kids are doing well, but busy.  My DD got home from her trip oversees yesterday, she had such a great time and wants to go back.  My DS had his  college orientation last week and is excited to go away to school.  My younger DD got her drivers' license last week so now the fun begins with another kid  out there driving lol.  My youngest DS heads to high school this fall, so far, so good with him thank goodness cause I can not handle any more teenage drama.

So, that is my update ha ha.  BF and I are going  to his dad's cottage for the day, the kids are all off to their various 4th of July events with friends.  I am going to my mom's tomorrow for a couple of days, taking a  couple of the kids with me.  That will be nice, since I haven't been up to her house in months.

I am so behind  with everyone, so I hope you all are doing well.

Lizzie - I saw you booked a wedding venue - whoo hoo!!

Judy - have a wonderful day!

Margaret - enjoy the race!!

Shout outs to everyone!!

Anonymous Guest

5K done. It sprinkled on the way there and during my warm up (which was only a little over a mile, it was so hot and humid I didn't want to overheat before the race even started), then stopped raining for the race, of course. So 79 degrees, dew point 78, but at least it wasn't sunny. I did go out a little too fast (7:50 first mile when I said I'd do 8 or 8:15), but I did that on purpose. There were 1500 people signed up and it and it went on to a bike path at 0.4 miles and was an out and back on the bike path. I did not want to get stuck behind a crowd of slower runners. Once I got on the path I settled down but the fast start did hurt me. The good news is my average pace for the race was 8:12, which is right where I thought I'd be in this weather. The bad news is that's a really slow 5K for me (25:22) and I was 5th in my age group. I'm actually feeling pretty good about it even though it's not a "fast" time for me. I did well for me in the conditions we had. And since I didn't place and I don't drink (it started/finished at a brewery so there was free beer), I didn't need to stick around. It started raining pretty hard on my way home, so I'm glad I left when I did. Saw a couple people I knew, overall a fun morning. Except for the 25 minutes of racing....

Laura!!!!! It's so good to see you. Thanks for all the updates, sounds like you and the family are doing well.

Liz, nice job girl. A fast finish longer run in that weather is super impressive.

Judy, try to stay cool, young lady.

Margaret, enjoy the 5 mile race. Bummer your DH has to fly out tonight. Mine flies out Monday - I heard him on the phone telling the guy setting up the meeting he wasn't going too early because it was his wife's birthday. He hung up and I laughed at him for using me to make the guy feel bad......and told him if he was using me as an excuse to leave later in the day, I wanted a birthday breakfast from him!

Ginny, did ya race?

Tessa, nice to see you checking in last night.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy 4th!!  We did the local 2 mile run at the Y in Ocean Springs.  DF walked it.  Neither of us placed, but I'm glad we got out there.  Didn't see Diane--she must have had other plans.

LIzzie--wow! 10 miles!

Yay Karen!!! We just had watermelon after the race, the Y does not serve beer lol.

We're going to DS1's for a cook out this afternoon. Great fireworks here on the beach tonight.

Happy 4th everyone!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Happy 4th of July!

7 miles this morning with 6 x 400. My normal summer run, intervals went ok, but then the rest of the run was awful. Definitely hot, I could not get my heart rate to reflect that it should be an easy pace.

LCRuns, hi! That's an impressive streak. I give you a lo of credit for ending it. I've seen people get overly concerned about keeping one alive that they do things that probably aren't helpful. Plus, no sense in adding more stress.

AnonymousGuest, those conditions sound awful.

CrazySue, a 2 miler sounds like an ideal distance in this weather.

Kilmisters

Hi, everyone! I have been away from a while (but reading - while the data cubes are loading at work!); Sandy was right - month end/start has really destroyed me this time. It's never easy, but today I feel like it's the first day in last 2 weeks I can sit down, take a breath and not fall asleep few minutes after the evening run. Some of the issues have been self-caused; some - random clusterf--ks; some - usual reoccurring stuff. Hopefully it will be calm from now on, at least for a while (naive!). I need a vacation!!!

8mi today w 2x2k tempo in the middle. Felt strong!

Edit: Me and my friend; we found/booked airbnb crib today - for Gothenburg (Sweden) NHL trip - October! Now we have it all - plane tickets, game tickets, place to stay at. SO EXCITED. Official NHL (regular season, not some sort of pre-season show-off) game has never been so close to Latvia. 1.5hr flight!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Evening!  Slept in and then went to Pilates with hubby, a movie, and just finished 15 on the TM.  They felt tough but I was lazy today, ha.

Got another picture from my race.  This one I love:

Liz, nice 10.

Judy, hoping the trail miles went well.

Margaret, hoping the race went well for you.

Laura, nice runs.  Stay cool.

Karen, nice job on the race.

Susan, nice job on the race as well.

HCK, Nice intervals.

Elina, hoping things calm down at work soon.  At least you and me are watching the cup "together". Smile

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Great picture, and see? A smiling runner, and racer to boot! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Arimathea

Tessa

Nice picture, Damaris!

Laura! Glad to see you are doing well. Oh gosh, another one driving? I am counting the days until DD's car registration renews (August 8) because she will be registering her car in WA and so has to get her own insurance. I can get her off mine!!

Karen, good move on DH's part making the other guy feel guilty. Although how is he expected to know when his colleagues' wives' birthdays are?

Elina, exciting on the game! I did not know the NHL was playing games in Europe but that does sound exciting.

Happy 4th to everyone! I got in 4.5 this morning before opening up the church so parade viewers could use the bathrooms. The city does not provide any portapotties for paradegoers, the closest park is about a half mile and may not be open on a holiday, and *$ and the supermarkets are not pleased at having lots of non-customers use their bathrooms. Rite Aid actually locked theirs and said "they're broken". So a church with open, clean, flushing loos was a big attraction. We had 238 people through in 4 hours, up from 150 something last year, and after someone asked if we had a donation basket we collected $94 in donations. Apparently 3 people thought bathroom access was worth $20 each, or they just didn't have change. It will pay for the water, TP, and towels, at least, and the goodwill earned by opening out our restrooms is incalculable. (Now if a few of them would like to come to services, that would be even better! But we would far rather have people using our bathrooms than our bushes.)

Run included about a 1/2 mile steady uphill which I managed to run all the way up. Crater Lake apparently includes several sustained uphills and I need to train for those.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Judy, thanks!

Tessa, nice run.  Those uphills are hard!

Damaris